Completely OT - I can’t stop watching this

I've been there before and loved the architecture. My kids are getting older and bored of long beach trips in the DR. Last summer we broke it up with some time in the capital which they liked. They've seen the old areas of Santo Domingo and San Juan and i have told them how Cartagena crushes the other 2 places combined with its architecture so I decided to take them. I know they'll not likely ever go on their own and will choose other places so I'm glad I'm doing it

Sounds good. Probably some great eating there too.

Advertisement
FXNxJ2A.gif

He’s not coming back

Found this on my timeline. I figured if people are starting threads about mods and eggplants this would be ok. It’s about a year old, but it’s mind blowing.

I just can’t take my eyes off it.

....and it’s actually a real sport.

No big deal.
I'm sure there at least 4-5 posters on this forum who have done this.

/just ask them.

Found this on my timeline. I figured if people are starting threads about mods and eggplants this would be ok. It’s about a year old, but it’s mind blowing.

I just can’t take my eyes off it.

....and it’s actually a real sport.

Saw a news spot on this a month or so ago. The way the ocean floor drops and rises off this coast and a certain weather condition creates these huge waves. Can't recall what the weather affects were that lead to these huge waves.

Used to do a little surfing as a teenager in Hobe Sound and Sebastian Inlet off SoFlo east coast. Not many good places on the east coast of SoFlo for surfing. Sure as **** never saw one like that! 6 to 8 footers were best on a good day.

Advertisement
Saw a news spot on this a month or so ago. The way the ocean floor drops and rises off this coast and a certain weather condition creates these huge waves. Can't recall what the weather affects were that lead to these huge waves.

Used to do a little surfing as a teenager in Hobe Sound and Sebastian Inlet off SoFlo east coast. Not many good places on the east coast of SoFlo for surfing. Sure as **** never saw one like that! 6 to 8 footers were best on a good day.

That’s right. There’s an underwater canyon that really helps in creating it. Saw this on same timeline.

F239FE21-7353-48ED-B357-6973F05E8CF9.jpeg

Sounds good. Probably some great eating there too.
Yup. I went there originally bc I saw an Anthony Bourdain episode and it looked great. The first 3 days I ate wherever I saw locals lined up. I unknowingly ate tripe soup (mondongo) and some other things but it was a great experience. Then i would hit some of the higher end places for lunch where the prices would be like $10-12 for their 3 course lunch menu. That's the way to do it on a budget. My youngest likes to cook so I'll get her a day cooking with a chef who does a class.

Last edited:
There’s a spot where crowds gather to watch. Haven’t been to Portugal yet, but you can see it in that small clip, it’s actually a cliff or something like that. It’s reason enough just to go to Portugal, but there’s a lot more to see there. Also, I hear you get a lot for your money in that country as far as traveling there
Portugal and Spain are on my bucket list. Not only for the architecture and history, but my ancestors are from the Iberian Peninsula and would like to research and discover more about them.

Advertisement
I've been there before and loved the architecture. My kids are getting older and bored of long beach trips in the DR. Last summer we broke it up with some time in the capital which they liked. They've seen the old areas of Santo Domingo and San Juan and i have told them how Cartagena crushes the other 2 places combined with its architecture so I decided to take them. I know they'll not likely ever go on their own and will choose other places so I'm glad I'm doing it
Spain is on my bucket list RVA. Particularly that region as my ancestors are supposedly descended from there. If you wouldn't mind, I may hit you up when I start making plans to go. May be a year or 2 until we can go. Would love to hear about your upcoming trip as well. Hope you and your kids have a great time!

Spain is on my bucket list RVA. Particularly that region as my ancestors are supposedly descended from there. If you wouldn't mind, I may hit you up when I start making plans to go. May be a year or 2 until we can go. Would love to hear about your upcoming trip as well. Hope you and your kids have a great time!
You can definitely hit me up. My Mom's family fled the inquisition and if I could ever link it, I could get Spanish citizenship. I've helped a bunch of friends pick out travel places on budgets many times. If i could do it for a living, I would. I love this stuff and genealogy.

It would be nice if you could post some pics, I'm adding this one to my bucket list. The Philippines will be the first on my list with over 7000 different Islands to choose from. Just waiting for my old dog to leave us. Going for at least 5 months so we can see as much as possible. Pics please! It would be great to have a place we could post pics of travel here.

Advertisement
You can definitely hit me up. My Mom's family fled the inquisition and if I could ever link it, I could get Spanish citizenship. I've helped a bunch of friends pick out travel places on budgets many times. If i could do it for a living, I would. I love this stuff and genealogy.
Wow! That's amazing. My paternal grandparents migrated from Spain through Ellis Island in the late 1800's. My father was born in NYC and he, his sister, brother, and his parents migrated to SoFlo in the early 30's. For reasons I've yet to discover, they lived in Cuba for a number of years until the revolution began then they fled back to Miami. My fathers first wife was a Cuban.

Had my DNA tested last year. My sister was the instigator. She did hers beforehand and insisted I do mine. It's opened up a treasure trove of questions. I too have been fascinated by history and genealogy for as long as I can remember.

Can’t believe nobody is talking about how dangerous it was for the guy out there with the measuring tape to confirm it was 82 feet. Mans got bigger balls than the surfer

Advertisement
It would be nice if you could post some pics, I'm adding this one to my bucket list. The Philippines will be the first on my list with over 7000 different Islands to choose from. Just waiting for my old dog to leave us. Going for at least 5 months so we can see as much as possible. Pics please! It would be great to have a place we could post pics of travel here.
Thats a great idea for travel pics on a board. I will definitely post pics though I'm not going until summer. I know the dog thing is tough. Philippines is supposed to have beautiful beaches and super affordable though there are some areas I understand that have issues with radicals but that shouldnt be a worry in most places you would go.

Advertisement
Back