Completely OT - I can’t stop watching this

Advertisement
That's not Rodrigo Koxa. That's a german Surfer and don't think that's in Portugal.

Although Koxa did surf the biggest wave ever last year. Don't know why that video is being spread as such with that false information everywhere.

Advertisement
That's not Rodrigo Koxa. That's a german Surfer and don't think that's in Portugal.

Although Koxa did surf the biggest wave ever last year. Don't know why that video is being spread as such with that false information everywhere.
Welcome to 2019.

This thread has me all sad about Patrick Swayze dying.

Vaya con dios mi amigo.

Found this on my timeline. I figured if people are starting threads about mods and eggplants this would be ok. It’s about a year old, but it’s mind blowing.

I just can’t take my eyes off it.

....and it’s actually a real sport.

WOW. That's nuts. Thanks for sharing.

Living in Idaho - our big wave surfing would be in the way of class 5/6 river rapids. Below is a link to bonus footage of a documentary called Wild Water. The footage is of my buddy, Tristan, running the rapids Jacobs Ladder and Golf Course at flood stage.

This is the North Fork of the Payette River. It's an angry river that runs N/S along Hwy 55. I drive by this every time I head to Boise. Although in this video the rapid is at flood stage - it's jaw dropping at every level. For me, it's mid-way between my front door and Boise. I stop there to ****, but really to just stare at this beast.

Also, notice he goes under at 1:35 and stays under for quite some time. This is the definition of a 'no rescue run'.

Advertisement
Thank you. I'll check it out this weekend with my kids. If Nizare can be seen without a boat, that would be great. I've never seen this before. It's insane.

There’s a spot where crowds gather to watch. Haven’t been to Portugal yet, but you can see it in that small clip, it’s actually a cliff or something like that. It’s reason enough just to go to Portugal, but there’s a lot more to see there. Also, I hear you get a lot for your money in that country as far as traveling there

Advertisement
WOW. That's nuts. Thanks for sharing.

Living in Idaho - our big wave surfing would be in the way of class 5/6 river rapids. Below is a link to bonus footage of a documentary called Wild Water. The footage is of my buddy, Tristan, running the rapids Jacobs Ladder and Golf Course at flood stage.

This is the North Fork of the Payette River. It's an angry river that runs N/S along Hwy 55. I drive by this every time I head to Boise. Although in this video the rapid is at flood stage - it's jaw dropping at every level. For me, it's mid-way between my front door and Boise. I stop there to ****, but really to just stare at this beast.

Also, notice he goes under at 1:35 and stays under for quite some time. This is the definition of a 'no rescue run'.

This is insane

There’s a spot where crowds gather to watch. Haven’t been to Portugal yet, but you can see it in that small clip, it’s actually a cliff or something like that. It’s reason enough just to go to Portugal, but there’s a lot more to see there. Also, I hear you get a lot for your money in that country as far as traveling there
Portugal's supposed to be great. I have been to Spain and you can visit both in a trip if you want.

There was a great air sale there about a month ago and had i not already paid for a week in Cartagena for this summer for me and my kids, I would've grabbed it. Prices are affordable in Portugal. Aside from air and accomodations, I always look at costs for meals and activities and what i saw was definitely cheaper than the U.S. The waves are in the winter though. Looks amazing.

Advertisement
Portugal's supposed to be great. I have been to Spain and you can visit both in a trip if you want.

There was a great air sale there about a month ago and had i not already paid for a week in Cartagena for this summer for me and my kids, I would've grabbed it. Prices are affordable in Portugal. Aside from air and accomodations, I always look at costs for meals and activities and what i saw was definitely cheaper than the U.S. The waves are in the winter though. Looks amazing.

Yea, a lot of beautiful architecture etc - you already know.

If you buy ahead of time, air prices to Europe are pretty affordable now.

Do you speak Spanish?

Why Cartagena?
I've been there before and loved the architecture. My kids are getting older and bored of long beach trips in the DR. Last summer we broke it up with some time in the capital which they liked. They've seen the old areas of Santo Domingo and San Juan and i have told them how Cartagena crushes the other 2 places combined with its architecture so I decided to take them. I know they'll not likely ever go on their own and will choose other places so I'm glad I'm doing it

Advertisement
Back