Comments from West Virginia side

Santa

Band
Banned
Dana Holgerson - "Miami had the best defense we faced all year. Those guys came off the ball, had a solid front. Their linebackers got better and better. Their safeties had range and could run them. Their corners recovered. I mean, they're a good football team. That's the best defense that we faced all year. I would anticipate that trend is going to continue and they're going to continue to get better and better. It's a new coaching staff. They're doing things the right way and Coach [Mark] Richt has been doing it for a long time. I give them a lot of credit and I would anticipate them to continue to move forward."

Their center (Orlosky)- "I pride myself on being pretty good at being able to read a defense. I couldn’t read a **** thing against Coach Richt. They did a good job disguising and a good job slanting and confusing us up front. That hurt the timing of the passing game."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Orlosky ain't no punk. Dude was all-conference (maybe all-american?) and has played a long time. And these were mostly kids (freshmen and sophomores) abusing them!

What? No comment about our amazing RPO offense!? haha

All hail to El Hefe Diaz!!

I love how Diaz makes zone look like a blitz and vice versa. I notice him lining both lb's in a gap then they drop out last second. Which causes issues for the ol sliding their protection. Simple things like that make a difference.

Al's disguises had the lb **** near at safety depth lol, and then they'd come late , which made the blitz useless. Oh and the CB's had ten used cushions , which was another reason the blitzes sucked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dana Holgerson - "Miami had the best defense we faced all year. Those guys came off the ball, had a solid front. Their linebackers got better and better. Their safeties had range and could run them. Their corners recovered. I mean, they're a good football team. That's the best defense that we faced all year. I would anticipate that trend is going to continue and they're going to continue to get better and better. It's a new coaching staff. They're doing things the right way and Coach [Mark] Richt has been doing it for a long time. I give them a lot of credit and I would anticipate them to continue to move forward."

Their center (Orlosky)- "I pride myself on being pretty good at being able to read a defense. I couldn’t read a **** thing against Coach Richt. They did a good job disguising and a good job slanting and confusing us up front. That hurt the timing of the passing game."

Well their coach and players are saying the same thing i thought…. Our defense is nasty! best D I have seen from the Canes since 2003-2005

I wonder what Shelton Gibson's comments are, dude was talking smack the whole week leading up to the game

teams have been doing that to us in the last few years and we haven't shut them up, man last night it was good to see Gibson take a couple of big hits

Advertisement
I wonder what Shelton Gibson's comments are, dude was talking smack the whole week leading up to the game

teams have been doing that to us in the last few years and we haven't shut them up, man last night it was good to see Gibson take a couple of big hits

He's still in an Orlando area hospital trying to recover from having his **** pushed in. Thoughts and prayers are with the young man.

Hey he hobbled up 3 catches for 24 yards. Single handedly kept WVU in the game.

Advertisement
Those quotes are the after effect of an old school style good *** whoopin...

West Va talked a lot of trash towards us leading up until the Bowl, then they got out there on the field with dem Savages & had no answer for El Jefe's Defense, or Ahmmon, Coley & Joku.

I respect that they're manning up & giving us the props we deserve after taking them behind the woodshed.

He's still in an Orlando area hospital trying to recover from having his **** pushed in. Thoughts and prayers are with the young man.

rip

What? No comment about our amazing RPO offense!? haha

All hail to El Hefe Diaz!!

We ran the clock out. Could've put up 40+ if we wanted to.

Richt has done that a few times this year. Not sure if it's a positive or not.

I'm not a fan of it I like the jimmy johnson foot on the throat style, when other teams have the upper hand on the canes they try to embarrass them remember greasy head charlie strong piled it on the golden lead canes to pad bridgewater's stats at the end of the last russell bowl

Advertisement
Back