Coaching Comment on Bill Clark (UAB) and Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

I assume the last line is a joke.

Nahhhh, the joke is if Manny falls flat on His face and the 2 names that you mentioned are in our top 5 candidate pool. Why is wanting a coach with a proven track record of winning at highest level of CFB a joke?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Now that the players can have deals what about Jim Tressel. I'm sure he would be a cheap option and he knows what it takes to have some success

Not after he fvcked us over in 1995, taking the job and then backing out.

Advertisement
Our successful coaching hires have been from championship organizations or P5 head coaches at lower tier P5 programs:
Howard-bear Bryant and shula
Jimmy - OSU
Dennis - wash state
Butch - Jimmy’s staff

Coker was an outlier

Well, the ACC is the next step. Some coaches go from Boise State to Auburn for example. The jump is not the problem. There are a lot of coaches who have started at low tier programs being the head coach. In fact, at those lower tier programs, I can guarantee you you might learn a thing or two more about team cohesion, getting coached up well and scheming well compared to a program that is more talented than others but fails to meet expectations all the time.

Urban Meyer was the HC at Bowling Green, went to Utah and then went to Florida. Nick Saban was the Head Coach at Toledo at one point. Heck, Mario coached at FIU as a HC and now just upset Ohio State with Oregon. Matt Campbell coached at Toledo as well, went to Iowa State and turned that program around. Being good at a low-tier level with a team that isnt supposed to be that good at that level is a really good sign that the head coach in question is good.

Dont hire a coach because he just coached at high level programs. Hire a coach based on his successes and failures given the circumstances that he was dealt with.

Both Clark and Chadwell are overperforming with their teams based on the talent they have and the circumstances they are under. The fact that Grayson McCall, a two star-prospect being 20 years old, is capable of executing a more complex option offense compared to the stuff we run with KIng at a much higher level speaks volumes for the player itself, the players around him and the coaching staff coming up with the scheme and preparing the players.

Both guys would be massive upgrades compared to Manny. To me, thats not even worthy of a discussion. You eiher hire these two or an assistant from a top level program who knows what a top tier college football team should look like.
Excellent points, but our next coach must have head Coach experience. If you have never held the reigns of leadership, you don't know what you don't know.

Advertisement
Back