Commemorative ticket

Advertisement
I'm about 99% sure the Hurricane Club sent out some little thank you package with stickers and other nonsense I typically give to my nephews.

Commemorative ticket thing didn't bother me. But I am upset they oversold the green lot game 1. Kid's birthday party had me in the parking lot at 2 PM and when I pulled into Gate 3 I was told to "park wherever I could find space" because the green lot was "full". On the one hand, good job Canes' nation showing up for a cupcake game. On the other hand, why are we overselling the parking?

Not sure it was an "oversell". I transferred my 2 Green Lot tix to the Flo crew and then joined them for the tailgate. It was hard to find them at first, because the F1 track stuff has carved up the former nicely-laid-out rows of parking (alternating asphalt and grass strips). In addition, the rain had caused some flooding because there is no longer as much grass to absorb the water, and the F1 track was not designed for drainage.

I saw a ton of Green lot vehicle parking that skipped over certain spots that were wet and/or muddy. In addition, because the F1 track cuts through at an angle, there were some oddly shaped parcels of Green Lot parking that made it hard to just "park and set up your tailgate" in a nice geometric fashion.

I'd be willing to bet that we DID have enough parking spots, but people parked in such a fvcked up manner that they took up some of the space that should have been available when you arrived.

Don't get me wrong, I love the non-sequential parking and the ability to set up group tailgating, but you also need a few parking lot attendants to monitor and regulate things too.

Again, I put this on the dopes at Hard Rock. Not to mention our Dolphins/Ross/Hard Rock apologist fans who keep telling us how AWESOME it is to play college football at a combo F1/tennis facility, and how all of the F1 stuff was just "temporary" and isn't going to impact anything else related to football.

Most of the Hard Rock parking has been turned into a massive joke. Black is fine. Orange is OK. Blue is adequate. Everything else is garbage and the powers-that-be just need to stop with all the excuses and build a parking garage on Yellow for non-tailgaters.

All the spaces have been sold out, not just in orange.

I forget the tailgating rules, I think they allow it in every lot it’s just that some lots get to open earlier. I could be wrong, maybe someone can correct this and let me know what the rules are.

I do not believe that Yellow is sold out. You can still park there, on gameday, with your SunPass.

Not only is Green open one hour early, but it is the only lot where you are not parked sequentially. I talked to some people who arrived early, there was a freaking land-rush like it was 1889 all over again. A ton of people raced to get as far north into Green as possible, but you can also "hold" spaces for others to join in your tailgate group later.

There were not massive empty spaces in Green, but as I mentioned on a prior post, there was some flooding and muddiness that caused some un-utilized spaces within the Green Lot area.

Hard Rock needs to do a LOT more with labeling rows and locations. More signs on light posts. More spray-painted row numbers. More coordination of numbers and letters to label things SO ****E MAKES SENSE. Is it really so hard to use letters like N and NE and E and SE and S and SW and W and NW to accurately describe the geography of the parking lot? And, I don't know, MAPS? They can't put a "you are here" map ANYWHERE on that property?

I ran into some poor gentleman early in the day, he was wandering around the LARGER Black Lot looking for friends who were supposed to be tailgating there (north side of stadium). At the time, there were only a few dozen cars there, so it was fairly obvious his friends weren't in THAT lot, but there was apparently another "secret" Black Lot (where @SpikeUM was tailgating) that was located on the EAST side of the stadium. I'm sure that's where this guy's friends were, but I didn't figure it out until MUCH later, after I moved from the Flo tailgate to the Spike tailgate (and did a FULL lap around the stadium).

I may not want Hard Rock to be our permanent UM home, but I NEVER complained about the Hard Rock parking until a few years ago when they started to wreck it. Say what you will about the stadium, the parking was the best feature of Hard Rock ever since the 1980s. Until now.

I do not believe that Yellow is sold out. You can still park there, on gameday, with your SunPass.

Not only is Green open one hour early, but it is the only lot where you are not parked sequentially. I talked to some people who arrived early, there was a freaking land-rush like it was 1889 all over again. A ton of people raced to get as far north into Green as possible, but you can also "hold" spaces for others to join in your tailgate group later.

There were not massive empty spaces in Green, but as I mentioned on a prior post, there was some flooding and muddiness that caused some un-utilized spaces within the Green Lot area.

Hard Rock needs to do a LOT more with labeling rows and locations. More signs on light posts. More spray-painted row numbers. More coordination of numbers and letters to label things SO ****E MAKES SENSE. Is it really so hard to use letters like N and NE and E and SE and S and SW and W and NW to accurately describe the geography of the parking lot? And, I don't know, MAPS? They can't put a "you are here" map ANYWHERE on that property?

I ran into some poor gentleman early in the day, he was wandering around the LARGER Black Lot looking for friends who were supposed to be tailgating there (north side of stadium). At the time, there were only a few dozen cars there, so it was fairly obvious his friends weren't in THAT lot, but there was apparently another "secret" Black Lot (where @SpikeUM was tailgating) that was located on the EAST side of the stadium. I'm sure that's where this guy's friends were, but I didn't figure it out until MUCH later, after I moved from the Flo tailgate to the Spike tailgate (and did a FULL lap around the stadium).

I may not want Hard Rock to be our permanent UM home, but I NEVER complained about the Hard Rock parking until a few years ago when they started to wreck it. Say what you will about the stadium, the parking was the best feature of Hard Rock ever since the 1980s. Until now.

We will be there again TOC, as usual!

Advertisement

Yeah I should’ve said all the spaces except yellow.

Goes both ways.

Digital tickets eliminates the cost of printing tickets—and if someone wants a physical commemorative ticket bad enough, they'll pay for the inconvenience.

I see the bush-league aspect of not wanting to pay for a commemorative ticket when if ticket were printed, everyone would have their keepsake.

On the other hand, I doubt UM is the only one doing this. If there's one thing Miami's marketing department has never been, is "cutting-edge". They had to have lifted this idea from elsewhere.

(Googles....)

Yup, Florida is doing the exact same thing—$15 per game and $50 for commemorative tickets for the entire season.

Advertisement
Back