Coming down for Clemson, looking for a steakhouse

I got an AirBnB near downtown Gables, I'm gonna hit a couple of spots near Ponce/Miracle. Just walk around like the old days.

Hey, next week is the grand opening of Torchy's Tacos near Lake Brantley High (it's a great Austin-based Tex-Mex taco spot).

And then Winter Park will be getting a Superica. It's a fancier Tex-Mex restaurant that was started by a James-Beard-nominated chef here in Atlanta named Ford Fry.
I'll be back in Orlando in a month. I have to hit So-Dough again. My Birthday is Saturday, GF taking me out for dinner in Ft Myers, but will see Butch that afternoon.

Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_2392.png
    IMG_2392.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2393.png
    IMG_2393.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
It's outstanding. I tried it almost 2 weeks ago on a recommendation by @TheOriginalCane ..I went to the new one on W. Fairbanks.

How was the FACILITY on Fairbanks? If you haven't been to the original Michigan location, it's weird. The SoDough is ONLY a front counter, the actual seating and eating is at Tin & Taco (he owns both). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT, but I usually get the pizza to go, and my mom lives in Altamonte, so I'll be happy to have a shorter drive and hotter pizza.

I'm really glad you liked it. When they were opening, I chatted with the owner for a bit, they actually use those pans that were used on the auto assembly lines, which is one of the distinguishing features of "Detroit style" pizza (at least if the name isn't "Little Caesars")...

I've got an early morning flight down to Miami, GOOOOO Canes!

Advertisement
How was the FACILITY on Fairbanks? If you haven't been to the original Michigan location, it's weird. The SoDough is ONLY a front counter, the actual seating and eating is at Tin & Taco (he owns both). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT, but I usually get the pizza to go, and my mom lives in Altamonte, so I'll be happy to have a shorter drive and hotter pizza.

I'm really glad you liked it. When they were opening, I chatted with the owner for a bit, they actually use those pans that were used on the auto assembly lines, which is one of the distinguishing features of "Detroit style" pizza (at least if the name isn't "Little Caesars")...

I've got an early morning flight down to Miami, GOOOOO Canes!
@TheOriginalCane ....place is nice...used to be Tin&Taco...

Advertisement
I got an AirBnB near downtown Gables, I'm gonna hit a couple of spots near Ponce/Miracle. Just walk around like the old days.

Hey, next week is the grand opening of Torchy's Tacos near Lake Brantley High (it's a great Austin-based Tex-Mex taco spot).

And then Winter Park will be getting a Superica. It's a fancier Tex-Mex restaurant that was started by a James-Beard-nominated chef here in Atlanta named Ford Fry.

They just built a Torchy's by my place and it was great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back