Combine News & Notes

Plzwork4

Worldbeater
I figured we could post some stuff about our boys at the combine. Today the WRs will be working out...hopefully Rashawn Scott opens some eyes. Here is an article about potential Combine workout freaks...lists Artie Burns.

Ten potential NFL Scouting Combine workout freaks - NFL.com

Miami (Fla.) CB Artie Burns
Football players who are also track standouts typically perform exceptionally well at the combine, which makes Burns one to watch in Indianapolis. Along with being a skilled cornerback for the Hurricanes, he was also one of the top hurdlers in the ACC, earning All-America honors in 2014 in the 60-meter hurdles event.

Link to Burns's Combine profile...

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Artie Burns

It basically says he is extremely athletic but raw. His film doesn't match his athleticism, but he will be coveted by teams that know they can coach him up. Basically similar to a Sam Shields situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rashawn Scott's profile link...

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Rashawn Scott

Alot of the analysis cites he is injury prone, has had past character issues (I believe the kid has definitely moved past this), and drops too many passes. I didn't know that his drop-rate was the worst in the ACC (13.3% drop rate worst among starters). I think half his drops came in his last game unfortunately.

Advertisement
I think Burns will go 2nd or 3rd round because he's a freak athlete, but they're right. He had a good statistical year last year but still has room to grow. That's worth drafting, just not 1st round. Bush will get drafted. After that...I think we have some UFAs and that's it.

I want all the Canes to do well at the combine but, I think Burns is going to turn heads and cause teams to look closer at his film.
As A Steelers fan we need young talented CBs and Burns could be there in round 2 is worth a serious look.

I want all the Canes to do well at the combine but, I think Burns is going to turn heads and cause teams to look closer at his film.
As A Steelers fan we need young talented CBs and Burns could be there in round 2 is worth a serious look.
he won't be there if he has a good combine check out my thread

My Bears need S and DB help; here's hoping we draft Burns and Bush and let them get some tutelage from one of my all time favorite Canes, A. Rolle.

Advertisement
I think Burns will go 2nd or 3rd round because he's a freak athlete, but they're right. He had a good statistical year last year but still has room to grow. That's worth drafting, just not 1st round. Bush will get drafted. After that...I think we have some UFAs and that's it.

I think Burns is definitely going 2nd round. Bush is going to be a 4th round guy, maybe 5th.
Doubt Scott or Kirby get drafted, but I can see someone getting Kamalu in the 7th.

I swear I say this in any nfl thread..but Zimmer with either burns or bush would be amazing for their futures

the nfl is ****** at giving out information and video, their website is a ****up to navigate

hope the guys do well, but its too hard to follow

3/10

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a Buccs fan we could use help in the secondary and receiver. Id take McCord as a pass rusher. Wonder what round he might get drafted.
Bush would probably start right away at safety.

As a Buccs fan we could use help in the secondary and receiver. Id take McCord as a pass rusher. Wonder what round he might get drafted.
Bush would probably start right away at safety.
Try undrafted, I doubt bush would start right away more likely he's someone's third safety

Advertisement
Back