Colts won’t bring back Frank Gore

1519925505674.png

Advertisement
rellyrell says gore is a hof in his opinion, lol. geez, way to go out on a limb there.

in who's opinion would he not be a hof? I'm sure it's a unanimous decision.

I think he has one more year in him to be used intermittently.

Let him get the #4 spot and retire.

1st ballot.

I say this as a big fan of Frank Gore's: I hope he retires. He has nothing to prove and has a ridiculous amount of mileage on him for a RB. Assuming he doesn't need the money, which I doubt he does, walk away with your health. Running back is one of the most commonplace positions of former players who develop CTE later in life.

Advertisement
How about Gore to Tampa for a season? The Bucs waived Doug Martin. A middle-tier team with a good chance to improve. All revolves sround Jamies Winston, obviously.

Advertisement
Wish I had seen Miles...a Dade legend.
Matador...Good to hear from ya...was with ya on Grassy 99-2000s....Freddie was the best I ever saw....As you know...Chuck Pagano is my cuz....Im friends with Don Soldinger...You should have heard what he said about Freddie....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imagine Frank’s Miami career without those knee injuries. Amazing pro career. Reminds me of our OJ, playing for years despite many injuries and still producing in the one position most geared to youth. I hope he gets on good team and can go two more seasons and move into top three. We need a Cane up there.

Matador...Good to hear from ya...was with ya on Grassy 99-2000s....Freddie was the best I ever saw....As you know...Chuck Pagano is my cuz....Im friends with Don Soldinger...You should have heard what he said about Freddie....

I wish I had seen Miles.

Solly played with a friend's brother at Southwest High in the early '60's. They were all in the same H.S. fraternity together. Doubt that the old HS fraternities still exist. They were big in some parts of the county although they were technically illegal.

Back then, Southwest played pretty good football and Gables and Miami High were big powers.

Things have changed so much....but it's over 50 years. Population has grown and schools are no longer segregated. I recently saw an all-city or all,-county team from the '60's posted on the internet. Willis McGahee's father was on it. I believe he was a DL and went, I think, to one of the segregated schools, maybe Mays.

My friend from Southwest High died last year. I'm just glad to still be around, fairly healthy and enjoying the present and (I hope) future Canes sports programs. Unfortunately, I live up north so don't get to see them much in person anymore.

I don't know Soldinger but I hope he's doing well.

Advertisement
Imagine Frank’s Miami career without those knee injuries. Amazing pro career. Reminds me of our OJ, playing for years despite many injuries and still producing in the one position most geared to youth. I hope he gets on good team and can go two more seasons and move into top three. We need a Cane up there.

I had always heard about Frank's freshman year but never saw it until recently. Back when he was a freshman, he came in at the end of games in mop-up duty. It seems that whenever they did that, ABC had always switched from the Miami game to another because UM was always way ahead.

When I finally saw some of Frank's freshman runs, it was like, "Wow"!

Amazing he had such a long and impressive pro career given his history of knee injuries.

When we recruited him, there was concern he would not get in to school because of a learning disability. This young man has overcome so many hurdles. Just amazing!

Our OJ-- another great Cane whom I never got to see play at UM because there was no national coverage of UM football in the '70's. He lost his speed later in his pro career because of injuries. Became a pure power back with the Giants.

He burst onto the scene as a rookie for the Cardinals in '78. Incredible combination of size, speed, power, vision, balance.

We've had some incredible backs at UM, going all the way back to Frank Smith around 1950. On to Don Bosseler, Anderson, James, Gore, Portis...not to mention guys like Pete Banaszak, James Jackson, Alonzo Highsmith, Steve McGuire, guys who were pretty good. I think the best might be best to come.

I’ll take Larry Coker’s opinion that he was best back he ever coached and he had Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. If Gore doesn’t have ACL surgeries we might be talking GOAT. Freddie who

I didn't remember Coker saying that.

That's truly amazing then.

I didn't remember Coker saying that.

That's truly amazing then.
Gore was Amazing....So was Marquette Smith....Rufus Ferguson...Bobby Washington...etc... Saw them all....including Emmitt at Pensacola Escambia....Miles was better......The Late Great UM....and Cowboy RB coach Joe Brodsky said that Miles was the Best RB he's ever seen regardless of age...and he coached Emmitt....

Advertisement
Back