College of Charleston

Advertisement
Thanks Josh

Amazed that Ga So and Tx So are on ESPN3 and this one is not. This is a better game, not that it means much.

Thanks Josh

Amazed that Ga So and Tx So are on ESPN3 and this one is not. This is a better game, not that it means much.

I assume the media rights were CofC's to sell, since it's their home game. I am surprised it wasn't somehow picked up for ESPN3 or otherwise since it is a "non-bracketed" game of an ESPN tournament. Additionally, CSS isn't available on DirecTV...which is the title sponsor of the tournament. It's all very weird.

I just checked Direct TV before I opened this thread, and no, it's not on. At least I'll stay on the wife's good side after watching football all weekend.

Advertisement
It's on CSS. Sorry I didn't have a write up. Got caught at work and classes, didn't have time. I'll have the postgame report tho. Go Canes! Need a W!

326.gif

Attachments

• C-A-N-E-S.gif
    C-A-N-E-S.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 5
Opened as 1 point favorites, line has now moved to us being 1 and 1/2 point dogs.

Charleston was picked to finish 3rd in the CAA this year out of 9 teams. They are 1-2 so far with a win over Charlotte and losses to UNC-Asheville and Louisville (70-48).

A couple players to watch for:

Redshirt freshman Canyon Barry leads the team so far averaging 18 a game, including the only player to be in double figures against Louisville.

Junior Anthony Stitt averaged 10 PPG last year, while shooting over 40% from the three point line. Has gotten off to an extremely slow start this year. 4.7 PPG shooting 5-29 from the floor and 2-18 from distance.

Adjehi Baru is their big man, averaged 10 PPG and 8 RPG last year. A 6'9 junior who was named to the second team pre-season all conference. Averaging 9 and 9 so far this year.

Another close one. Whatever team shoots better from beyond the arc will probably win.
Other than Baru, not many big men for Charleston. Hopefully Kirk can get going again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
From Michelle Kaufman from the Herald:

Canyon Barry is Rick Barry's son.

Also, apparently he shoots underhand FT's just like his Dad. I really hope we foul him shooting at least once.

[video=youtube;xWqCnGjdiIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWqCnGjdiIk[/video]

Last edited:
From Michelle Kaufman from the Herald:

Canyon Barry is Rick Barry's son.

Also, apparently he shoots underhand FT's just like his Dad. I really hope we foul him shooting at least once.

We recruited him, but he was a 2012 recruit (redshirted last year) and we did not have a scholarship. Apparently, he is a fantastic student and we offered him as a preferred walk-on knowing that he'd get a massive academic scholarship (and that his dad isn't hurting for money anyway) but he didn't want to be Rick's son at UM, so he went elsewhere (Bobby Cremins was the coach at CofC. and coached two of his brothers at Georgia Tech).

Nice quick preview soysoy05. Not cool that Rick Barry's son bagged Miami, but I understand his reasoning

How many freaking kids does Rick Barry have? And I thought the worst name of the bunch was Scooter.

Advertisement
Miami Basketball ‏@CanesHoops

There's a new face in tonight's starting lineup. Can you guess who it is?

Live stat link shows Kelly in the starting lineup.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kelly with 7 points already. Two fast break dunks and a three. He can really score the ball

I see we're up 24-19, but I'm just tuning in. How do we look?

We have no turnovers, and have a couple of dunks off of fast breaks, but we still have a tendency to take some early threes/bad shots. Mostly up because we have some offensive rebounds that are giving us second chances. Kelly hasn't missed yet.

Advertisement
Back