College football realignment and recruiting

All you chicken littles are wrong. When we won our NC’s we were independent or in the Big East. If we are a dominant team it won’t matter what conference we are in. We just need to win and everything will be fine. There was a SEC and we beat them on a regular basis back in the day before we were in the ACC.

Advertisement
I fail to see how many have the Big 10 folding. They currently earn $200 million more than the ACC.

If OU or Texas goes to SEC it wont affect us much.

Florida kids arent flocking to those schools currently and likely wont at a high rate regardless (especially south florida kids)

The sec is already living and recruiting our area hard just like every body else is honestly and have been down here for ages.

TX and OU have a different recruiting base and rarely come out this way or land alot of guys this way.
Not so sure about this.

I can't recall Texas A&M doing well in South Florida prior to moving into the SEC. Maybe Jimbo and his familiarity with South Florida handlers made A&M a player down here, but I believe the SEC's glamour will make an impact.

Not so sure about this.

I can't recall Texas A&M doing well in South Florida prior to moving into the SEC. Maybe Jimbo and his familiarity with South Florida handlers made A&M a player down here, but I believe the SEC's glamour will make an impact.
I think that absolutely has more to do with Jimbo and his connects , much more than them having an SEC patch on their jersey

Nothing's gonna really change much. The SEC is already down here recruiting everyone.

OU goes after elite FL skill position kids, and most the kids they go after usually end up getting bagged by the SEC.

Texas doesn't really recruit down here at all, I was surprised when they went hard after Jaden Alexis. Remember when Charlie Strong got hired at UT & they offered every Tom **** & Harry in South Florida? Every kid that went out there was a bust lol.

Advertisement
No, Texas and Oklahoma already have established recruiting bases, so unlikely to see a drastic change. If anything, may see SEC schools gaining more access to those recruiting bases.

Not a big fan of trying to create a super conference out of the existing ACC. Much rather see Miami, FSU, Clemson and UNC fold into the SEC.

ND, WV, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Baylor are consistently ranked and they are P5 teams.

The ACC is the only other conference that could possibly be a superconference.
Big Sean Omg GIF

No... this is not good enough imo.
I think best pair would be PSU and ND. And I say this only because the BIG10 rights end in 2023. PSU has enough weight to bring big money and big enough to convince ND to join. PSU would also make ACC divisions easily divided into north and south. North and SOUTH divisions would easily start rivalries.
I know it's a long shot but I think the ACC should hold out this year and see if they can get a big name up north with so much uncertainty in the big10 as of now.
ACC needs to add someone just to restructure the money but dont just add anyone.

Logistically, and revenue wise, PSU needs to be apart of The ACC. But, they just feel B1G.

Logistically, and revenue wise, PSU needs to be apart of The ACC. But, they just feel B1G.
They wouldn't be 3rd fiddle in the ACC either. They'd be equal partners with a great chance to actually make the playoffs. They have a huge student body and they travel well. I think you could persuade them with the right number. Even if it they get a slightly bigger share of the pot for like 3 years or so. Gotta guarantee ND comes in tho.

Advertisement
They wouldn't be 3rd fiddle in the ACC either. They'd be equal partners with a great chance to actually make the playoffs. They have a huge student body and they travel well. I think you could persuade them with the right number. Even if it they get a slightly bigger share of the pot for like 3 years or so. Gotta guarantee ND comes in tho.

Agreed.

Not so sure about this.

Jimbo and his connects guys like Ish who are actually from Florida as recruiters.

ND, WV, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Baylor are consistently ranked and they are P5 teams.

The ACC is the only other conference that could possibly be a superconference.
do you guys ever sit back and think of things? look at a map. Oh and also look how little TCU and Baylor mean to the average fan.. OkSU as well.. offer nothing. Big12scraps. The ACCs only move is 1) keeping SEC from poaching FSU/Clemson, 2) Keeping BIG from poaching UNC/UVA, 3) Adding football schools that have national following (ND). adding more scrubs makes it worse.

PSU is a confusing one.. obviously the money they make now is something different where ACC is not an option.. but the ACC adding ND and PSU would look a lot different.

Advertisement
This SEC play is all about the CFP expansion. Imagine an 8 or even 16 team playoff almost entirely made up of SEC teams. Well, the SEC did. NCAA should never have allowed LSU v Bama or a CFP with more than one SEC team in it.

do you guys ever sit back and think of things? look at a map. Oh and also look how little TCU and Baylor mean to the average fan.. OkSU as well.. offer nothing. Big12scraps. The ACCs only move is 1) keeping SEC from poaching FSU/Clemson, 2) Keeping BIG from poaching UNC/UVA, 3) Adding football schools that have national following (ND). adding more scrubs makes it worse.
My bad I didn't know the guy that has all the answers concerning conference realignment frequented the Canesinsight boards. My apologies.

Advertisement
Back