College football realignment and recruiting

Applecane

Recruit
Premium
If the WORST happens and we're left out, recruiting star players will get even harder. The SEC will be an even bigger show and will motivate recruits to go to that show. (And don't forget the enormous Disney deal) If we are left in the weeds, the Miami program as we know it would be gone.
Don't know if it would affect this year's class, but it would be a factor down the road. We need Clemson, FSU, NC to stay put.
I hope we can figure out this mess.

Advertisement
If the WORST happens and we're left out, recruiting star players will get even harder. The SEC will be an even bigger show and will motivate recruits to go to that show. (And don't forget the enormous Disney deal) If we are left in the weeds, the Miami program as we know it would be gone.
Don't know if it would affect this year's class, but it would be a factor down the road. We need Clemson, FSU, NC to stay put.
Chill out.

the nil and our brand will take care of its self. Winning is needed, not joining the sec

Edit: 25 posts since 2011? Damnnn

If OU or Texas goes to SEC it wont affect us much.

Florida kids arent flocking to those schools currently and likely wont at a high rate regardless (especially south florida kids)

The sec is already living and recruiting our area hard just like every body else is honestly and have been down here for ages.

TX and OU have a different recruiting base and rarely come out this way or land alot of guys this way.

Agree with OP in the point that there is no better time to start winning than this season. Was thinking about this the other day. Get recruits for the next few years and staying relevant is the name of the game. NIL should help too.

Advertisement
SEC will get atleast 5 of the 12 spots yearly when playoffs expands after this move.

The ACC can become a "superconference" itself with ND, WV, and 2 out of 3 from Baylor TCU n Oklahoma State.

Hate to say it but what will also help is if FSU, Clemson, UNC, VT, UVA, BC , Pitt , GT , UL and the rest of the ACC start freaking winning their out of conference games and solidify the ACC as one of top two conferences .

If UM, FSU, UNC, and Clemson finish in the top 15 we strengthen ourselves from within and keep the league intact.

If only Clemson continues to show up, we are done

Oh nah if we can't recruit stars we are done. We will basically be UCF and with no chance. No one will watch a part of the fan base will be gone. Reason we root we love the team and want them to be the best and if they take that away what's the point? I watch for us to be number 1 not number 50....it's like u in school and u get your report card the beginning of the year saying u will be retained....why go to class? Feel me

Advertisement
Hate to say it but what will also help is if FSU, Clemson, UNC, VT, UVA, BC , Pitt , GT , UL and the rest of the ACC start freaking winning their out of conference games and solidify the ACC as one of top two conferences .

If UM, FSU, UNC, and Clemson finish in the top 15 we strengthen ourselves from within and keep the league intact.

FSU in the top 15 ain't happening that's for sure

SEC will get atleast 5 of the 12 spots yearly when playoffs expands after this move.

The ACC can become a "superconference" itself with ND, WV, and 2 out of 3 from Baylor TCU n Oklahoma State.
The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

Thanx

Advertisement
After Miami layz the wood to Alabama, the SEC gonna bee begging Miami to join.
I'm personally hoping that they close up shop after the humiliation. That would:

1) Open up an SEC slot for Miami, should they choose
2) The silly statue of the car leasing king outside of their stadium can be handed over to Miami, melted down and made into some sort of iron throne as reward for good plays by players in the future

Advertisement
ND, WV, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Baylor are consistently ranked and they are P5 teams.

The ACC is the only other conference that could possibly be a superconference.
No... this is not good enough imo.
I think best pair would be PSU and ND. And I say this only because the BIG10 rights end in 2023. PSU has enough weight to bring big money and big enough to convince ND to join. PSU would also make ACC divisions easily divided into north and south. North and SOUTH divisions would easily start rivalries.
I know it's a long shot but I think the ACC should hold out this year and see if they can get a big name up north with so much uncertainty in the big10 as of now.
ACC needs to add someone just to restructure the money but dont just add anyone.

No... this is not good enough imo.
I think best pair would be PSU and ND. And I say this only because the BIG10 rights end in 2023. PSU has enough weight to bring big money and big enough to convince ND to join. PSU would also make ACC divisions easily divided into north and south. North and SOUTH divisions would easily start rivalries.
I know it's a long shot but I think the ACC should hold out this year and see if they can get a big name up north with so much uncertainty in the big10 as of now.
ACC needs to add someone just to restructure the money but dont just add anyone.
Psu vs Pitt rivalry use to be big time. Good call with Psu. WV is a natural fit and a Texas team would be good for the recruiting footprint.

😆 fsu won’t sniff a 500 season till maybe the 2023 season.

idk if we would be done if Clemson keeps being the only acc team to show up. Ohio taint is the only big 10 team that’s a national threat currently

Advertisement
Back