The fans aren't as intense.

The players aren't as intense

The rivalries aren't as intense.

Less underdog factor.

Less diversity of offenses.

Better players.

I'll take College

1- NFL redzone channel is the ****

2- false half the games kick off at 3:30-4 then you have the prime time sunday night and monday night match ups

3-true

4-False, again i dont know what NFL games you guys are watching the intensity is there guys are not getting concussed every week for nothing

5-true

6- true

7-true

8-true

9- good thing is you dont have to choose they come on tv different days

2- Every game is at 1PM where the game is played but the night game. It takes away from the tailgating experience and who doesn't like night games.

4- Watch an NFL team after a big win, then watch a college football team when they win. It's a job to NFL guys, in college its a bit more than that

nah, look at the greenbay game about to kick off at 3:30 today they're in the same time zone as me in chicago which started theirs at 12:00

yeah the fan reaction is way better in college but in terms of on field intensity it's second to none

Advertisement
It helps if your favorite NFL team (if you have one) is any good. I grew up in Tampa, and I'm still a Bucs fan. The team has been down since Gruden won the Super Bowl in 2002. I'd follow them closer if the team were a legit playoff team.

College football generally has a better atmosphere. The NFL is sterile. I also prefer the new influx of players into college through high school recruiting. There is a 'newness' every season to excite me. The NFL has the draft and free agency but its not as interesting.

It also helps if your owner isn't a giant a-hole like the owner of the team that I (at this point) passively route for.

mirror_old__dev_pubsys_images_1290037123_m_cover_illo.jpg

You can't watch all the games

The games are all at 1PM

The fans aren't as intense.

The players aren't as intense

The rivalries aren't as intense.

Less underdog factor.

Less diversity of offenses.

Better players.

I'll take College

1- NFL redzone channel is the ****

2- false half the games kick off at 3:30-4 then you have the prime time sunday night and monday night match ups

3-true

4-False, again i dont know what NFL games you guys are watching the intensity is there guys are not getting concussed every week for nothing

5-true

6- true

7-true

8-true

9- good thing is you dont have to choose they come on tv different days

2- Every game is at 1PM where the game is played but the night game. It takes away from the tailgating experience and who doesn't like night games.

4- Watch an NFL team after a big win, then watch a college football team when they win. It's a job to NFL guys, in college its a bit more than that

nah, look at the greenbay game about to kick off at 3:30 today they're in the same time zone as me in chicago which started theirs at 12:00

yeah the fan reaction is way better in college but in terms of on field intensity it's second to none

You might find an anomaly a couple times a year, but the vast majority of the games are played at 1PM on a Sunday. Just not the same dynamic as being able to play night games on Saturday. Those games a **** shows

It helps if your favorite NFL team (if you have one) is any good. I grew up in Tampa, and I'm still a Bucs fan. The team has been down since Gruden won the Super Bowl in 2002. I'd follow them closer if the team were a legit playoff team.

College football generally has a better atmosphere. The NFL is sterile. I also prefer the new influx of players into college through high school recruiting. There is a 'newness' every season to excite me. The NFL has the draft and free agency but its not as interesting.

It also helps if your owner isn't a giant a-hole like the owner of the team that I (at this point) passively route for.

Haha. True. Teams with bad ownership make the NFL insufferable for their fans.

The only position the NFL has over college football is any team can build a Super Bowl champion. All teams are basically on the same budgets and fiscal constraints. All teams have access to the same talent pool of players, coaches, and executives.

This isn't true in college football.

The programs that consistently win are those willing to pay a premium for coaching staffs and with geographic access to the best players coming out of high school. The top programs have entrenched themselves and as along as they don't mess with success they will continue to win.

Last edited:
Fantasy football is the only reason I pay any attention at all to the NFL. I find that I am even watching Tuesday night MACtion during football season, but would rather now the grass at 1 pm on Sunday than watch an NFL game.

Advertisement
I very rarely watch a pro game...too many **** commercials....there's no continuity to it...

Even when/if I watch the hometown Saints I'm usually flipping back and forth watching other things at the same time.If you aren't playing fantasy I don't know why anyone would watch the garbage .

Now CFB ....I watch that from 11 am until it goes off...can't get enough of it.Just a different pace and a different feel to it ,at least for me.

So yea CFB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL....

This!

^^^^ wasn't sure if I was the only one. When I'm not at our home games, I'm on the couch all day Saturday. Wifey knows not to ask me to do anything. Sunday, ehh not so much football. Only follow our Canes in the NFL.

I'm with you guys.
I was a LA Rams fan back in the day. They moved to St Louey and that was it (figures they then with the SB).
Sure I'll watch a pro game here and there and usually the playoffs, but it's CFB all day Saturday for me.

And...it is not even close. Neg me all you want, but I only speak facts.

I live for college football Saturdays, and can watch almost any game intently.

On the other hand, while I do watch NFL games on Sunday, I usually spend most of the day reading about the Canes and browsing CanesInSight. I only get excited to watch my team. Every other game is practically meaningless.

Preach

For several years now, the NFL has been brutal to watch. The quality of the game is down, rules favor the Offense way too much and too many commercials and stoppage of games.

Advertisement
And...it is not even close. Neg me all you want, but I only speak facts.

I live for college football Saturdays, and can watch almost any game intently.

On the other hand, while I do watch NFL games on Sunday, I usually spend most of the day reading about the Canes and browsing CanesInSight. I only get excited to watch my team. Every other game is practically meaningless.

I feel the same way, CFB is the best football worth watching.. CFB is just on another level, I love seeing my Canes BUT once they move on to the NFL, I really can't follow them anymore because I'm so caught up in watching CFB.. I do watch NFL no doubt, BUT CFB is just on another level for me, if I had to pick I would definitely pick college over professional..

For several years now, the NFL has been brutal to watch. The quality of the game is down, rules favor the Offense way too much and too many commercials and stoppage of games.

Yes! Way too many commercials and they are so many bad QBs and offenses, half the teams are unwatchable.

Not a debate for me, college considerably better than pros. But, for people I've met who watch a lot of football in sports bars...it's completely flipped. I've met diehard pro football fans who don't even watch college football. At all. And they're just as passionate about their teams.

That said, many of the reasons I've heard over the years for why people don't like "pros" has most to do with an antipathy for some athletes. More specifically, athletes who make considerably more money than they do at a much younger age - usually in the male ball sports (golf and tennis don't seem to get it). It's all about the money; the other reasons are often justifications for hating athletes in the first place. Jealousy.

They don't hate actors or care what money they make. They don't hate musicians or hate the money they make. They just don't like the idea of some athletes making money. They hate athletes.

Private communists, when anyone but themselves are on the bottom.

Advertisement
Can't get emotionally invested in the NFL.

A bunch a soulless sterile crap.

College football is loaded with guys working their *** off to get to that payday. That's why I think it's more enjoyable to watch.

I would love to see what the NFL's numbers were if there wasn't fantasy football.I'd be willing to bet it would be 1/2 what they are now.

Like someone above said it's brutal to even try and watch a game.Goodells efforts to make everyone 8-8 or 9-7 along with the major pussification of the game because of the concussion lawsuit has sent the games into suck mode.

Canes take the #1 spot in all 3 major sports for me. ****, my favorite professional teams are my fantasy teams.

Advertisement
It's just a different game.

Every single player on an NFL roster was probably the best player on their high school football team, one of the top 5 players on their college team, and are better conditioned and more athletic by a thousand miles.

I love college football as its own sport, but I watch the NFL because I like football in general, and because you are watching the best football athletes against each other.. In my mind there's no comparison between the two. NFL games can be compelling when the matchup counts during the regular season, and in the playoffs, where you have everyone giving max effort.

But I get the dislike for the NFL especially in meaningless games where players are making "business decisions" on the field. It's not as bad as the NBA, where the real season, save for a few games, starts during the playoffs, but I get it.

Until college figures out this playoff system, it still has a major flaw. But besides that, it is hands down better. It's almost like the NFL needs a wider field or something.

Can't get emotionally invested in the NFL.

A bunch a soulless sterile crap.

College football is loaded with guys working their *** off to get to that payday. That's why I think it's more enjoyable to watch.
You're muting your point. CFPers working their *** off to get to the payoff and then they're soulless and sterile when they become NFLPers and are finally paid? That's nonsense. Football players work harder than any of the major sports athletes; risk more and get paid less - though their sport is the richest (which is part of the reason why their sport is the richest). They're passionate and they put it on the line every week. Abusing pain killers and steroids just to stay in the game. Or, in the case of Hines Ward and others, playing with concussions because the locker room demands that the best be available.

The NFL is just a harder game that's far more competitive than college. More cerebral, too. Gimmicks don't pass the smell test long in the NFL. You don't see the brute domination games where a power beats a team 66-13. I love those games; which is why I love college football. But, I can definitely appreciate your typical 13-9 NFL game too.

And to think, though the rules favor the offense, NFL defenses make mincemeat of the best regarded college QBs to the tune of about a 4% success rate per decade (108 QBs drafted since DeMarcus Russell's class). Competent NFL QBs: Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Brady, Manning and Rothlisberger (Maybe Carr, Stafford... but I wouldn't put them with the top 6) and the rest are coin flips to degrees of horrible. Even Luck may never be who I thought he might become, while Winston, Mariota, Wentz, etc don't have enough of a body of work to yet put them in the class of the top 5-6. National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Position

The NFL is a better game and college is more watchable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back