College Football > NFL

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
And...it is not even close. Neg me all you want, but I only speak facts.

I live for college football Saturdays, and can watch almost any game intently.

On the other hand, while I do watch NFL games on Sunday, I usually spend most of the day reading about the Canes and browsing CanesInSight. I only get excited to watch my team. Every other game is practically meaningless.

Advertisement
Lol op, I retired from pro ball about a decade and a half ago. I only cheer for teams in the playoffs that have canes on em. I might watch a few quarters of the SB if a cane is playing (which they usually are). Welcome to the party, even if you are late AF.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

cant agree with you there, i dont see how you can like one and not the other, you have the absolute best athletes in the world competing against each other.

Lol op, I retired from pro ball about a decade and a half ago. I only cheer for teams in the playoffs that have canes on em. I might watch a few quarters of the SB if a cane is playing (which they usually are). Welcome to the party, even if you are late AF.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Glad we're on the same page.

It's going to be a slow Toledo week(s), so I thought this might spice up the board a little bit.

cant agree with you there, i dont see how you can like one and not the other, you have the absolute best athletes in the world competing against each other.

It's not like I hate the NFL, but I just don't get that excited to watch it. I see your point, but this is just how I feel.

Advertisement
Other than My Giants and some rare key matchups I pretty much stick to Redzone coverage for NFL these days.

I very rarely watch a pro game...too many **** commercials....there's no continuity to it...

Even when/if I watch the hometown Saints I'm usually flipping back and forth watching other things at the same time.If you aren't playing fantasy I don't know why anyone would watch the garbage .

Now CFB ....I watch that from 11 am until it goes off...can't get enough of it.Just a different pace and a different feel to it ,at least for me.

So yea CFB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL....

I very rarely watch a pro game...too many **** commercials....there's no continuity to it...

Even when/if I watch the hometown Saints I'm usually flipping back and forth watching other things at the same time.If you aren't playing fantasy I don't know why anyone would watch the garbage .

Now CFB ....I watch that from 11 am until it goes off...can't get enough of it.Just a different pace and a different feel to it ,at least for me.

This!

Yea seems to be less big plays in the NFL. There's so much turnover with players and coaches I feel less attached to my fav team. Goodell is an a-hole which doesn't help...seems like he's doing all he can to make the Not Fun League. College also seems more innovative to me. College has more mobile QBs and they at times can be more fun to watch.

Advertisement
even NFL teams that are considered crappy like the jags or bears have ultra athletic defensive linemen and fast athletes all over the defense the talent is so condensed, thats why you dont see as much variety of offenses or running QB's. i like watching both but i definitely favor college ball

College ball has far more intensity. The pro game is a bunch of millionaires taking plays, games off. It's a terrible product now, in my opinion.

College ball has far more intensity. The pro game is a bunch of millionaires taking plays, games off. It's a terrible product now, in my opinion.

not true they dont receive the same guaranteed money that basketball and baseball does, those guys play hard at all the games i've been to, not sure what games you're watching. look at calais campbell he's a vet and just got a huge contact and is on fire with 3 sacks today in the first half

even NFL teams that are considered crappy like the jags or bears have ultra athletic defensive linemen and fast athletes all over the defense the talent is so condensed, thats why you dont see as much variety of offenses or running QB's. i like watching both but i definitely favor college ball

I get the athlete argument, but for me it's that the stakes are so much higher in CFB on a week to week basis. In the NFL you can lose a 3rd of your games and you are still likely to make the playoffs. In college football, if you lose more than 1, you are almost certainly out (maybe you have a chance if you lose 2 games). I understand the reasons - there is much more parity in the NFL, but CFB is just so much more exciting to me.

On top of that, when watching the NFL (especially early in the season), the only other teams that may have an impact on your team's chance of making the playoffs are the teams in your division; in CFB it is all of the teams in front of you or near you in the standings.

Advertisement
Couldn't agree more. I enjoy watching all kinds of football, from HS, college, NFL and even some CFL, but there's nothing like college football to me. Many more teams and rivalries, every game holds more importance, wider hashes and more athletic disparity leads to more big plays, drunken coeds, more passion. Nothing quite like it.

You can't watch all the games

The games are all at 1PM

The fans aren't as intense.

The players aren't as intense

The rivalries aren't as intense.

Less underdog factor.

Less diversity of offenses.

Better players.

I'll take College

It helps if your favorite NFL team (if you have one) is any good. I grew up in Tampa, and I'm still a Bucs fan. The team has been down since Gruden won the Super Bowl in 2002. I'd follow them closer if the team were a legit playoff team.

College football generally has a better atmosphere. The NFL is sterile. I also prefer the new influx of players into college through high school recruiting. There is a 'newness' every season to excite me. The NFL has the draft and free agency but its not as interesting.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This!

^^^^ wasn't sure if I was the only one. When I'm not at our home games, I'm on the couch all day Saturday. Wifey knows not to ask me to do anything. Sunday, ehh not so much football. Only follow our Canes in the NFL.

Disagree with 99% of the comments. Guys have just as a much passion. Lol you guys and your opinions.

The games are all at 1PM

Less underdog factor.

Better players.

I'll take College

1- NFL redzone channel is the ****

2- false half the games kick off at 3:30-4 then you have the prime time sunday night and monday night match ups

3-true

4-False, again i dont know what NFL games you guys are watching the intensity is there guys are not getting concussed every week for nothing

5-true

6- true

7-true

8-true

9- good thing is you dont have to choose they come on tv different days

The games are all at 1PM

Less underdog factor.

Better players.

I'll take College

1- NFL redzone channel is the ****

2- false half the games kick off at 3:30-4 then you have the prime time sunday night and monday night match ups

3-true

4-False, again i dont know what NFL games you guys are watching the intensity is there guys are not getting concussed every week for nothing

5-true

6- true

7-true

8-true

9- good thing is you dont have to choose they come on tv different days

2- Every game is at 1PM where the game is played but the night game. It takes away from the tailgating experience and who doesn't like night games.

4- Watch an NFL team after a big win, then watch a college football team when they win. It's a job to NFL guys, in college its a bit more than that

Advertisement
Back