College football is so friggin good

Advertisement
Hurt to see TCU is going to the Natty with a first year coach. Just makes our season sting more when lesser programs did more in the first year of their coaches tenures because they made good OC hires, or in TCU case HC is OC

They were good games, but I couldn't care less. I am a Miami fan, not a college football playoff fan.
With all do respect now I can say I only like Miami so I don’t care about other teams but I can’t say I’m not a college football playoff fan because that’s all we got. If you are a Miami fan you have to be a fan of college football same thing.

Hurt to see TCU is going to the Natty with a first year coach. Just makes our season sting more when lesser programs did more in the first year of their coaches tenures because they made good OC hires, or in TCU case HC is OC

Sonny Dykes seemingly coming out of know where as a Title contending coach.

Bro I’m 26 and I was telling everybody at the bar last night “Wow, I am going to see TCU compete for a natty before miami.” (I was 5 in 01 that doesn’t count)

Advertisement
Entertaining as **** but I can't help thinking when the defenses of supposedly the four best teams in the country are shredded practically every series, something's a bit amiss. The defenses in the Big 12 used to be laughed at and ridiculed. Now ...

How much time did the average scoring drive take yesterday? I guess I'd like to think it mattered a little more who a team recruits and plays on D.

Lastly, if Defensive Coordinators and coaches on that side of the ball are making equivalent $$$ to their Offensive counterparts, that salary structure needs a big time review.

Bro I’m 26 and I was telling everybody at the bar last night “Wow, I am going to see TCU compete for a natty before miami.” (I was 5 in 01 that doesn’t count)
Not talking this year (even as good as the team is), but you're more likely to see a Canes Natty in hoops before one in football. Far easier to win and more in line with UM's and the ACC's "demographics."

Not talking this year (even as good as the team is), but you're more likely to see a Canes Natty in hoops before one in football. Far easier to win and more in line with UM's and the ACC's "demographics."
I’ve long accepted I’ll never see a natty. I’d be ecstatic with 9 wins every year at this point.

Advertisement
Entertaining as **** but I can't help thinking when the defenses of supposedly the four best teams in the country are shredded practically every series, something's a bit amiss. The defenses in the Big 12 used to be laughed at and ridiculed. Now ...

How much time did the average scoring drive take yesterday? I guess I'd like to think it mattered a little more who a team recruits and plays on D.

Lastly, if Defensive Coordinators and coaches on that side of the ball are making equivalent $$$ to their Offensive counterparts, that salary structure needs a big time review.

Seems to me that even the highest rated college cornerbacks just can't compete with these spread offenses. They often are left on an island and just don't have the ability to match up with world class WR speed and route running. Pass interference flags are all over the place.

Cornerback has to be one of most difficult positions to play at that level.

I’ve long accepted I’ll never see a natty. I’d be ecstatic with 9 wins every year at this point.
Never give up hope. I graduated UM in 1966 and do you think I ever thought the Canes would win even one Nat Championship. We were so bad in the 70s the program was almost dropped. Then ... 5 NCs in pretty quick order (and we coulda had more).

My point is winning in basketball only requires a relative handful of good players. Much easier to accomplish.

TCU doesn’t have spoiled entitled players who have been coddled all their lives

Advertisement
Again, canes basketball isn’t filled with a bunch of spoiled players who have been coddled all their lives.

Boom you just said the magical word and I would add running the ball. You just dont see much of either. And if Miami is to be good a change or die mentality must be adopted. Mario is living in the stone age of College football.
I’m confused. I’m assuming you meant nobody runs the ball anymore yet at the same time you say Mario is in the Stone Age. Again I’m assuming you are referring to his offensive philosophy. All I ever see on this board are complaints about Miami’s offense not being spread and pass heavy enough.

Maybe I’m just completely misunderstanding what you were saying

Basura...

Soon the over under on football games will be 100+

Football is becoming the NBA - all offense, and zero defense.
Has anyone passed this information over to our head coach? TCU and their "high flying offense" seems to be a huge asset about this time of year.

Advertisement
Game has changed and that's why you don't see defense the way it used to be although you do see flashes of it when the elites aren't banging heads together.

The top teams load up with talent and they spread every great defense out. Got the right QB, he'll find the open guy if he isn't schemed open.

Old days pretty much everyone played a double high safety. Now you can't do that with multiple wide receivers out there. The only real counter is an insane DL and if both OL's are up to stopping them, defense flies out the window.
The game is totally different than 20 years ago. Georgia and Michigan were 2nd and 3rd in scoring defense during the regular season and neither could stop their opponents yesterday. When the talent levels are equal, the team that plays better on offense almost always wins these days. Even conservative coaches like Kirby Smart are going for it on fourth downs because they know field goals aren’t going to win you the game. Personally, I’d prefer a shootout to a defensive slug fest. Especially if it’s a game between two teams I’m not a fan of.

Never give up hope. I graduated UM in 1966 and do you think I ever thought the Canes would win even one Nat Championship. We were so bad in the 70s the program was almost dropped. Then ... 5 NCs in pretty quick order (and we coulda had more).

My point is winning in basketball only requires a relative handful of good players. Much easier to accomplish.
Not coulda, SHOULDA

Gone are the days of winning these big games in 14-13 fashion. You need to be able to score a ton of points, and quickly. Our dinosaur offense is a far cry from what a real college football offense looks like.
Yeah was thinking while watching the games how bad all those teams would curbstomp us

Advertisement
Back