College Football Coaching Staffs

Legendary1

Recruit
Banned
Where would you rank Miami’s coaching staff going into the upcoming season?
Top 10?
Top 20?
Outside Top 20?

Advertisement
Advertisement
On paper I would guess top 10 but we'll see what we see. Easily the best one we've had in over 20 years tho.

Low Top 10. Could make the argument in that 11-15 area.

I'd rate the below as having definitively better staffs than us right now:

Alabama
UGA
Ohio State
USC
Texas
Texas ATM
Oklahoma
LSU

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd actually argue higher than Top 10. I'd say top 5-8 to be honest.

- A head coach that revived a good but not great Pac-12 team and made them an instant juggernaut, might be the best recruiter in the country...offensive line guru, top five motivator
- We've got one of the best offensive line coaches in the country
- the Broyles award winner as OC/WR coach
- an extremely knowledgable and aggressive DC that coached various successful linebacker and defensive units in college
- a former head coach and recruiting savant at LB coach
- one of the best recruiters in the country at TE and has gotten solid production from his unit over the past few years
- the DB coach of the 2021/2022 National Champs, great recruiter
- Solid RB coach, again very good recruiter
- Solid combo of DE/Dline coaches

I don't think many teams can go toe-to-toe with that staff, to be quite frank. Now, that doesn't mean they're going to turn our team into a playoff contender this year...but name ten staffs better than this one. I can't.

Low Top 10. Could make the argument in that 11-15 area.

I'd rate the below as having definitively better staffs than us right now:

Alabama
UGA
Ohio State
USC
Texas
Texas ATM
Oklahoma
LSU
Texas underachieved worse than us last year.
Texas 8&4, seriously?! Speaking of underachieving.......
Oklahoma, wait and see mode there
LSU, see Oklahoma

Advertisement
Texas underachieved worse than us last year.
Texas 8&4, seriously?! Speaking of underachieving.......
Oklahoma, wait and see mode there
LSU, see Oklahoma
If Oklahoma and LSU are in wait and see mode, so are we. On paper, I give their staff the edge head to head.

Texas - I give them the edge at OL, DL, ST, RB, and OC (which is basically Sark). DB is a wash. And now they've got Patterson roaming the building as an analyst/DC. I like that staff. They've always recruited well and Sarkisian won't underachieve for long.

ATM - Jumbo's offense is ***, but his entire staff are ace recruiters and they are a QB away from big game hunting for NC's. (we gonna smack that *** tho).

Btw, saying those guys have better staffs doesn't mean they'll be better teams. I probably shouldn't have used the word "definitively" bc the difference is so miniscule after the Top 5.

Do any of you really know the assistants and analysts well enough for any other school to give an opinion on this? I can’t name more than 1-2 assistant coaches on any team other than UM.
‘And if the answer to my first question is yes, my next question is how much free time do you have?

Advertisement
It’s tough to compare staffs because of scheme, culture, and just overall fit, but there are not a lot of guys I would take over who is currently on staff. This staff doesn’t really have any holes, very well balanced.

99% of teams would be happy with the staff and support staff we have so that’s my answer.

Top 5. In terms of coaching and development.

But our recruiting right now leaves a lot to be desired, which is surprising given we have Ruiz, Highsmith, and the whole staff is full of elite recruiters. Yet somehow we’re way behind the top 5 right now

Advertisement
Back