College Football Coaches Rankings

Advertisement
Paul Johnson being ahead of Frost, Herman, and Fuente is a joke.

Brian Kelly at #13 is a joke should be at like #30 .

Harbaugh has done nothing in Michigan for the #5 rating.

Other than the top 3 this list is a joke.

Coach rankings that come before the end of the season, are a joke.

List is completely bogus.

They have Chip Kelly at 4 & he hasn't coached college in 6 years.

Brian Kelly is too high at 13, Paul Chryst should be much higher, Coach Boomahuer Malzahn isn't top 10 imo more like top 15, Mike Leach doesn't deserve to be on the list & Bobby Petrino is the most overrated Corch in College football.

My top 10:
1. Nick Saban
2. Urby "I gotta pain in my schess" Meyer
3. Gary Patterson
4. Dabo Swinney
5. James Franklin
6. Paul Chryst
7. Mark Richt
8. David Shaw
9. Chris Peterson
10. Mark Dantonio

Still too early to rank Lincoln Riley even though I think he'll be a good one, same with Scott Frost.

Also wanna show some respect to Rod Broadway, 5 time HBCU National Champion, finished his career 122-45 & was successful at all 3 schools he coached. Doesn't get the credit he deserves, but is a **** good coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You play Nick three years in a row for all the marbles. Dabo #2 . Urban #3 . Ohio St would have made some people worried if he got in the playoffs this year. The dude is cold blooded lethal in big time moments.

Richt doing more with less deserves a Top 10-15 nod. Will be interesting to see Kirby in year 3 with all the Senior leadership gone. Hoping Richt is able to get Nkosi/Weldon ready for Year 3. If he wants to be Top 3, he needs to be a little more gutsy.

Brian Kelly is too high at 13, Paul Chryst should be much higher, Coach Boomahuer Malzahn isn't top 10 imo more like top 15, Mike Leach doesn't deserve to be on the list & Bobby Petrino is the most overrated Corch in College football.

My top 10:
1. Nick Saban
3. Gary Patterson
4. Dabo Swinney
5. James Franklin
6. Paul Chryst
7. Mark Richt
8. David Shaw
9. Chris Peterson
10. Mark Dantonio

Still too early to rank Lincoln Riley even though I think he'll be a good one, same with Scott Frost.

Also wanna show some respect to Rod Broadway, 5 time HSBCU National Champion, finished his career 122-45 & was successful at all 3 schools he coached. Doesn't get the credit he deserves, but is a **** good coach.

disagree, dabo is above Patterson.

You play Nick three years in a row for all the marbles. Dabo #2 . Urban #3 . Hoping Richt is able to get Nkosi/Weldon ready for Year 3. If he wants to be Top 3, he needs to be a little more gutsy.

Richt called an onside kick against GT. It was gutsy, but people chewed him out because the players didn't execute. When he gets a more complete team, maybe we'll see more killer instinct.

My top 10:
1. Nick Saban
3. Gary Patterson
4. Dabo Swinney
5. James Franklin
6. Paul Chryst
7. Mark Richt
8. David Shaw
9. Chris Peterson
10. Mark Dantonio

Also wanna show some respect to Rod Broadway, 5 time HSBCU National Champion, finished his career 122-45 & was successful at all 3 schools he coached. Doesn't get the credit he deserves, but is a **** good coach.

In terms of accomplishments yes.

But Patterson has done a lot more with a lot less, he literally built TCU into a viable program having to compete with Texas, TAMU, Okla, Ok St & several dozen other schools that use Texas as their recruiting base.

TCU is a small private school with a 45,000 seat stadium, they only generate $80+million a year in revenue, they're among the bottom earners in the Big XII & they're still one of the best programs in that conference due entirely to Patterson.

Dabo has done a great job elevating Clemson from Tommy Bowden era, but he has way more resources to support him & has very little recruiting competition other than UGA & Bama.

Patterson is 160-57 for his career all at one program, that's highly impressive to me because he built TCU by himself. And, in terms of X's & O's I think he could out coach most of the top coaches in the nation if he had better talent at a bigger program.

Advertisement

How so?

Paul Johnson's coaching career has been tremendously successful. His resume absolutely ***** on the other 3 guys you mention.

PJ was an offensive coordinator on 2 Div. 1AA national titles. Then he was a head coach and won two 1AA titles. Dude then won 10 games in a season AT NAVY.

You play Nick three years in a row for all the marbles. Dabo #2 . Urban #3 . Hoping Richt is able to get Nkosi/Weldon ready for Year 3. If he wants to be Top 3, he needs to be a little more gutsy.

Richt called an onside kick against GT. It was gutsy, but people chewed him out because the players didn't execute. When he gets a more complete team, maybe we'll see more killer instinct.

In my opinion, i think that was a dumsy then gutsy move. Again, that is my opinion. I was on that "I don't agree with that" train too. Just like I didn't agree with him allowing Rosier to throw it so much. I know the lined sucked, Rosiers bi-polarity and no true FB handicapped the running playbook but the slow developing zone read plays was like watching Kaaya/Coley/Golden all over again...very excited about Realus, Reed, Scaife, Donaldson...the power running game/play action looks to be coming back to Coral Gables.

In my opinion, i think that was a dumsy then gutsy move. Again, that is my opinion. I was on that "I don't agree with that" train too. Just like I didn't agree with him allowing Rosier to throw it so much. I know the lined sucked, Rosiers bi-polarity and no true FB handicapped the running playbook but the slow developing zone read plays was like watching Kaaya/Coley/Golden all over again...very excited about Realus, Reed, Scaife, Donaldson...the power running game/play action looks to be coming back to Coral Gables.

Pretty sure losing Walton changed things a bit, no?

Advertisement

Pretty sure losing Walton changed things a bit, no?

Definitely but another example of why Richt is not top 3.

Walton's snap count just seemed mis-managed in the first few games against Bethune, Toledo and I don't think he should have played at all in the Duke game. I know you want to keep your stars happy but you got to know when to shut them down. Walton was going full gas pedal on Cinderella schools, for what? Just to pad stats...I got 200 yards and now I'm out for the season...

My top 10:
1. Nick Saban
3. Gary Patterson
4. Dabo Swinney
5. James Franklin
6. Paul Chryst
7. Mark Richt
8. David Shaw
9. Chris Peterson
10. Mark Dantonio

But Patterson has done a lot more with a lot less, he literally built TCU into a viable program having to compete with Texas, TAMU, Okla, Ok St & several dozen other schools that use Texas as their recruiting base.

TCU is a small private school with a 45,000 seat stadium, they only generate $80+million a year in revenue, they're among the bottom earners in the Big XII & they're still one of the best programs in that conference due entirely to Patterson.

Dabo has done a great job elevating Clemson from Tommy Bowden era, but he has way more resources to support him & has very little recruiting competition other than UGA & Bama.

Patterson is 160-57 for his career all at one program, that's highly impressive to me because he built TCU by himself. And, in terms of X's & O's I think he could out coach most of the top coaches in the nation if he had better talent at a bigger program.

agree LC, i have been a closet Frog for years here in Texas, had several friends go there, it is alot like Miami, small, private, hard to get in, etc. The women are smokin, and rich, lotta oil wells. What used to just pizz me off is how bad Mack Brown tried to avoid playing GP, led the charge keeping him out of B12, truth be told MB was scared shytless to play GP, he knew he would get beat and how bad that would look to the Texas millionaire club who calls the shots in Austin. I panned hard for GP here when we were hiring Golden, he would kill with SoFlo talent. Unfortunately Tom Herman will own this state shortly, he is one helluva coach and now has unlimited money resources and talent to work with, best coach Texas has had since DR, thats was back in the 70"s

Coach rankings that come before the end of the season, are a joke.

2017 just ended...

check the article date, none of the bowl games after that have any impact in your opinion?

Advertisement
I’m under the impression at this point that Harbaugh is a fraud, very unimpressive.
Lots of bark, little bite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have thought Harbough would be doing a little better at Meeechagun let's see what happens if they get Patterson on the field, will be interesting to see what crippling "ailments " scum comes down with

My top 10:
1. Nick Saban
3. Gary Patterson
4. Dabo Swinney
5. James Franklin
6. Paul Chryst
7. Mark Richt
8. David Shaw
9. Chris Peterson
10. Mark Dantonio

Chryst ahead of Franklin Rick is in top 10 just a matter of where...

My top 10:
1. Nick Saban
3. Gary Patterson
4. Dabo Swinney
5. James Franklin
6. Paul Chryst
7. Mark Richt
8. David Shaw
9. Chris Peterson
10. Mark Dantonio

To follow up on LCL's point, the resources available to college coaches varies by ridiculous amounts, so some coaches do more with less (Patterson, Johnson and even Richt) and others do less with more (many $EC coaches, Harbaugh, etc.). Also, as good as Satan, *** and Dabo are, they have essentially unlimited resources and a thus a huge competitive advantage.

Advertisement
Back