Coley's offense gets ****ted on

Dorsett was mediocre in space and NEVER fought for the ball. He was a one trick pony at UM , not saying he doesn't have the physical tools to improve but he's no #1 . I've seen special needs kids do better on punt returns than him.

Advertisement
Been saying it for a while, dude is every bit as bad as dorito. Coley has no identity with his offense, his play calling is putrid outside of the first quarter, and we fail to utilize our best players in ways they excell in.

About the only good thing worth pointing out is he appears to be great at evaluating quarterbacks. Jimbo pretty much hit the nail on the head, let him recruit and evaluate the QBs but keep that **** away from anything else related to the offense.

When Dorsett was on the field....we went to him.

The problem is that Golden believes in a very deep rotation.

Why was Damauri Jones in the game during the first half of GT?

Advertisement
Coley doesn't get enough heat around here IMO.

If Dorsett had one of these innovative spread guys as his OC he would've put up foolish numbers. Watching Sarkisian speak at an Orlando coaching clinic was all I needed to see to realize how pedestrian Coley is.

This, I tried to say this last year prior to the season, but just look how he is using Stacy, Ill stick to what I've always said, S.Coley should be used like Bama used Coop. Coley has excellent route running skills but majority on here thought it was a sophomore slump, imo it was all coaching and teams were better prepared than the prior year where coley had a good season. I just pray Miami wises up like TCU coach did and change the offense and make it easier on themselves.

If Dorset is so good why did he struggle so much on special teams ? he runs 4.2 right ? he is not good with the ball in his hands. As for our offense, all a defenses had to do was keep everything in front of you and run zone and our offense struggled. Miami offense is a big play offense so all you have to do is control the big plays and its a wrap.example the FSU game. you guys are blaming coley when it wasn't his fault. When you have a young qb, its hard for him to go to check downs and finding the hole in zone defense...... now coach D thats a different story straight trash.

Advertisement

If Dorsett had one of these innovative spread guys as his OC he would've put up foolish numbers. Watching Sarkisian speak at an Orlando coaching clinic was all I needed to see to realize how pedestrian Coley is.

This, I tried to say this last year prior to the season, but just look how he is using Stacy, Ill stick to what I've always said, S.Coley should be used like Bama used Coop. Coley has excellent route running skills but majority on here thought it was a sophomore slump, imo it was all coaching and teams were better prepared than the prior year where coley had a good season. I just pray Miami wises up like TCU coach did and change the offense and make it easier on themselves.

how could you use coley like copper when he doesn't like going down the middle ? Coley doesn't even have the size or the route running ability that cooper has. There completely different receivers.

Been negged way too many times for sharing your same sentiments. Coach Coley is a recruiter, not an innovator. You would probably agree that coaches are either recruiters or innovators (or some sub category of the two)--and the great coaches are both. You can get far in CFB with elite recruiting, but I think you'll always hit a wall when things get tough. Coaching is the determining factor when collective talent is a par; and superior coaching is the equalizer and determining factor when there is a disparity in talent.

Since Coach Coley's arrival, I have always been more nervous of the offensive play-calling--and thats not exactly an endorsement of Coach D. Though, if you were to fit Coach D into one of the noted categories, he would fall into the latter as some form of Xs and Os guy. At the very least, it can be appreciated that our defensive personnel/front system is somewhat of a departure from what the rest of CFB does. I don't doubt his defensive mind, I doubt his ability to practically implement the rules and concepts through his players.

I'm weary of guys who start at the high school level and are not highly innovative. See Gus Malzahn (starting off as a wildly successful high school coach while developing his unique no-huddle system); See also Jeremy Pruitt (starting off as a Bama GA, but gained notoriety as a high school coach while developing his hybrid 33 scheme). He doesn't have any "classical" training as most CFB coaches do. Classical meaning that he never had a prolonged tenure as a QB in the NFL or even CFB (which is not a determining factor whatsoever, but at least it would have contributed to his training considering he is not an innovator), and he was not part of a football family like Bill Belichick or Nick Saban were. He has no identity, no calling card. He's just a smooth talking guy who recruited and coached a squad of superior athletes that ended up winning State. Dwayne Bowe punched Coach Coley's ticket to CFB stardom.

As always, I choose to be hopeful. So, my outlook is that Coach Coley will continue to develop into a serviceable OC. He can only do so by gaining more experience. He recruited Brad Kaaya--who is presumably way more intelligent than he is (in a general sense). Here's to hoping that Brad takes ownership of the system and demands of Coach Coley what he feels will help him, and ultimately the team, succeed. I can't help but look at Brad (through orange and green colored lenses) and see Peyton Manning. I can't help but imagine Brad taking control of the QB-OC relationship, much like Peyton does.

Perhaps Coach Coley knows of his shortcomings and he has been recruiting highly intelligent players to be his field general (Consider how Pro Style teams and No Huddle teams choose to treat their quarterbacks--Pro Style: immense responsibility and pre snap thinking; No Huddle: hand signals and spoon feed pre snap reads). Maybe Coach Coley would be served best by placing the intelligence factor into the hands of his quarterback instead of keeping a stranglehold over it, as many coaches do.

Last edited:
Nah..that guy doesnt know what he was talking abot..Dorsett was horrible on screens... Walford and DUke were better options

Advertisement
Nah..that guy doesnt know what he was talking abot..Dorsett was horrible on screens... Walford and DUke were better options

I agree with this, but feel free to throw a **** slant, quick hitch or drag route one time to let him run with the ball. I don't think he has elite lat quickness or great ball carrier skills, but he can **** sure outrun most people for a big gain.

Dorsett should have been forced fed the ball ala amari cooper... We didnt get the ball to him enough, he wasnt just a go route guy last year, he was torching guys going across field also. Once you start to get a guy like that the ball it opens everything else up because defense get scared of the big play...

Mind you the guy who wrote that doesnt know our players intimately like most of us do, heck they just found out a guy like Flowers exist because we have been soo irrelevant and he went straight to top of draft boards (6'6 tackle who is pretty strong and athletic, wut?! who is this guy?).. So we know from even high school that Dorsett aint your screen type of WR, or reverse or anything like that because he is not really elusive, not an open field, game breaker type. Thats not his game..

But you better believe there are other ways to get him the ball, besides deep go routes... 3 times a game

Still miss fisch in the play calling dept.

Yup.
Meh. He was good until we got into the red zone and then we would stall. We also would stall for a good portion of the game where we couldn't move the ball or get any points on the board. Not sure if that was a Stephen Morris problem or a Jedd Fisch problem, but I will give him credit for his QB development. He got the best out of Jacory and out of Morris.

I think we can do better in terms of the caliber of coordinators we've hired over the past few years.

Advertisement
I've been saying it for over a year.

Golden is a horrible head coach. D'Onfri is either a horrible DC or Golden's spineless puppet who runs his defense unquestioned and lives with the results.

But Coley, the offensive coordinator, is easily the worst game day coach on the staff. If it wasn't for the fact there was so much attention on our putrid defensive scheme that we all hate so much...there would be so much more negative attention on Coley than there is now. The fact he's a good recruiter also keeps some of the heat off him.

But make no mistake, he's a God awful abomination of an offensive coordinator. The fact these 3 clowns are all on one staff just further reminds us how bad this staff is as a unit. It's almost as if the NCAA included in the fine print of their sanctions that we were required to hire and retain these 3 clowns for "X" amount of years.

I posted this article in the draft thread 13 minutes before OP and no one responded...

This doesn't deserve its own thread imo but whatever.

Advertisement
Back