Coley Offensive Coordinator Grade Thread

Starts Coley grade thread to say anyone grading Coley is a ******* idiot.

Can't write this ****, lol.

Advertisement
I feel sorry for anyone that believed the FAU game is how coley calls his games. I truly feel sorry for you. UF gave us nothing to work with either. Bama only had something like two pass plays all game over 10 yards in the game. They dont want to show Texas AM anything.

Am I the only one that didn't think he called a bad game?

He's a run-first kind of guy, which I like. Running is more consistant, passing is all based on timing and can be hit/miss depending on the weather, how your QB and WR's are jelling that day, etc. Well, consistency matters more than anything in college football, because if your QB has a bad day and you lose even one game, your whole season is ****ed. It's not the pros where you can lose 6 games and still win the Super Bowl.

Whatever you do has to be steady, and work every single week against everyone. Be the same guys every day, as Golden always says. You can make a pretty good case for Coley's gameplanning if you look at it that way.

Also, I saw a lot of little things with Coley's playcalling that I really liked. Two plays come to mind. The first is one where FAU was over-pursuing the play before, and not read/reacting (typical South Florida mistake). Well, the very next play, Coley calls a run up the middle, and Duke Johnson creases the over-pursuing defender and houses it for a 56 yard TD run.

He did the same thing with the Herb Waters reverse. The play before FAU were over-running the play, and BOOM, Coley makes the perfect call and makes FAU pay for their over-aggressivness.

Last edited:
It was Coley's first game ever as OC

He was the guy that pressed "fast forward" and "rewind" when Jimbo was watching game tape

I liked that he's not afraid to keep it simple and pound the rock. Towards the end of 2nd quarter we had 5 straight run plays with a fresh Eduardo Clements.

Picked up 2 first downs and set up the Clive Walford wheel route TD.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back