Coley & Gray Comments per Barry Jackson

CanesFam17

Freshman
### UM is encouraged by the spring work of Stacy Coley, who had two touchdown catches in Thursday’s scrimmage and is responding well to new assistant Kevin Beard’s coaching, which emphasizes creating leverage. Coley, who dipped from 591 yards receiving and eight touchdowns as a freshman to 184 and none last season, said:

“Ever since we played the [bowl] game, I told myself I won’t [allow it] again,” he said. “I blame everything on me. I wasn’t as focused as I am now. [Beard] is elevating our game. I want 14 [touchdowns next season]…. I feel like I’m having fun again.”

Coley has been working tirelessly since the bowl game: “We came back to Ft.Lauderdale and I got back at it. Every Saturday, my high school coach comes down here to work with me.”

He said Beard has taught them that “once you attack the DB’s leverage, there's nothing the DB can do. If they can't jam much, it's over.”

Brad Kaaya said Coley was "killing the DBs" Thursday.

### UM running back Gus Edwards has been terrific this spring, but Trayone Gray --– who could be a real weapon if he gets his act together --– is “not consistent right now which is making him consistently inconsistent,” Al Golden said.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...with-high-hopes-dolphins-canes-notes-whi.html

Advertisement
“not consistent right now which is making him consistently inconsistent,” Al Golden said.

What page of the binder was that ******* zinger on you fat redundant ****head?

WTF does that even mean????

If he's not a good RB, then have him do something else.

I swear they're gonna waste this kid. Just like they've done a ton of kids before him. Throw his *** back there to safety

WTF does that even mean????

If he's not a good RB, then have him do something else.

I swear they're gonna waste this kid. Just like they've done a ton of kids before him. Throw his *** back there to safety

Yeah, let's take the kid who has trouble studying and put him at a new position and teach him a scheme that even our existing, established safeties can at times struggle with.

Golden's quote says he's inconsistent, not necessarily bad at RB. He just needs to get his head on straight and stay focused. He'll be great if he can do that, IMO.

“not consistent right now which is making him consistently inconsistent,” Al Golden said.

Agreed! I get so Phucking sick of Al and his little Chinese Philosophy bull****! Trayone Gray is a stud! Get out of the way you fat idiot and the SoFl talent do what they do best...kick ***!

Advertisement
Golden has no issue knocking Trayone Gray publicly, but takes zero accountability for not redshirting him a year ago like any coach with half a brain would have done.

Those 6 carries were really worth burning his shirt, right Golden? You program-ruining *******.

My guess is he needs to work on ball security and pass protection.

Good to hear Coley seems to be responding well to Beard. A healthy Coley & Scott tandem could be a nice duo this year.

Agreed! I get so Phucking sick of Al and his little Chinese Philosophy bull****! Trayone Gray is a stud! Get out of the way you fat idiot and the SoFl talent do what they do best...kick ***!

"Goldenfucius say eleven men in zone start with one DE covering WR."

j49Zud4.jpg

Last edited:
"A journey of a thousand trips to the buffet at Golden Corral start with single plate."

Advertisement
**** whatever that head coach says.

Kaaya and Coley have the potential to be the best combo we have had in a very long time. The talent is there but Coley has to really want it. Normally I wouldn't bother getting my hopes up but Beard being here gives me some hope.

Advertisement
Gray should have redshirted. Al must have been reading this board and got caught up in the hype. He's very raw. And Mark Walton will be here soon so that's not good news for him. Look for him to make a position change by Fall.

Coley has no excuses. He has natural talent. It's all on him. He can catch 20 TDs if he wanted. He is our #1 WR next year.

Advertisement
Coley is really working his *** off. He's working with one of my friends every Saturday for hours on countless things.

Coley is in a contract year. If he shows out next year he is likely gone and making bank so he knows it's an important year.

My guess is he needs to work on ball security and pass protection.

Good to hear Coley seems to be responding well to Beard. A healthy Coley & Scott tandem could be a nice duo this year.

Thanks for the level headed response.. I got so many of these dudes on ignore it's like reading braille

Advertisement
Back