Coley effect

ball915

All-American
As of time last year (5/13) we had 2 commmits (Dobard, Lewis III). To date we have 8 and 7 are on offense with 6 being from the state of Florida. The hire is already paying off on the recruiting front.

Advertisement
Not taking anything from Coley because I think your point about his contribution is solid, guy is a machine, but I have to give Golden, Barrow, and the staff before Coley credit for getting the ship headed in the right direction. We've had good momentum for a while now. Not getting everyone we want yet, but we're not yet winning the way we will be either.

i think coley fits in with this young hungry staff. he has alot to prove since jimbo wouldnt let him play call. Al and staff salvaged their first class last minute. This incoming class will be AG third. At this point forward, its just reloading talent and developing what we already have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't give Coley credit for every recruit we have.

Besides, isn't BC still the recruiting coordinator?

Advertisement
everyone acts like yearby is a scurb. he is a great player. its not like we got scraps with him

Advertisement
Coley has done a great job. I wish we had defensive recruits on board.

Coley is hoodrich in swag, which I think at the end of the day helps the kids relate to Coley as he discusses his vision for the offense. Coley knows how to blow a kids mind up, by going about telling a kid how much he's going to be used as a weapon, etc... That ability to give it to offensive recruits on a platter, helps those kids visualize doing things at Da U...

When you hear Dorito talk, its a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo in the ears of a young kid, with no personalization. And when they try to get a good understanding of the Defensive system, they pop in the tape, in which Dorito looses points there... Being all business, doesn't relate to ballers all the time.

Ballers like the "fun" of enjoying football, hearing himself being referred to as the man, and hearing how you're going to use him, etc...

It's all about understanding a kids's mindset, and selling the dream...which can come true with the right crop of kids combined together!!

Last edited:
Coley has done a great job. I wish we had defensive recruits on board.

Coley is hoodrich in swag, which I think at the end of the day helps the kids relate to Coley as he discusses his vision for the offense. Coley knows how to blow a kids mind up, by going about telling a kid how much he's going to be used as a weapon, etc... That ability to give it to offensive recruits on a platter, helps those kids visualize doing things at Da U...

When you hear Dorito talk, its a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo in the ears of a young kid, with no personalization. And when they try to get a good understanding of the Defensive system, they pop in the tape, in which Dorito looses points there... Being all business, doesn't relate to ballers all the time.

Ballers like the "fun" of enjoying football, hearing himself being referred to as the man, and hearing how you're going to use him, etc...

It's all about understanding a kids's mindset, and selling the dream...which can come true with the right crop of kids combined together!!

Agreed but it is easier to make that sell on offense where you can sell a kid on touches.

Advertisement
Back