Colbie Young Portal

I always felt that Young was a loss, no matter how people on here dressed it. I felt that he popped when he was on screen and that he would have a NFL future.
It was 100% a loss. There aren't many 6'4 220 WRs who move like young did. He very likely would of ended up being a 800+ yard 8+ TD WR for us with Ward as the trigger man

Advertisement
Who needs a Keon Coleman type or Jacolby George when you have Elija Lofton? His emergence is like adding a WR1 from the portal. Not to mention an elite RB that's primed for 45 carries a game.

We can never lose the desire to run the football.

On a serious note... I think we should just roll with what we have at WR. Horton can handle it and if he can't.. use games 2-3-4 to get Carr and Trader some experience and ready to go for ACC play.
My thoughts exactly unless a pro no doubt top 100 pick shows up in the portal at wr roll with what we have at the position too many talented young guys just to bring in a body

You guys like Horton that much? He looks well put together and has potential. But other than that A&M grab, I was unimpressed by this presence last season. Did he make that big of a leap this offseason?

Question: What do people think of Chance Robinson? Can he have an early impact as Horton's backup? I know he's not nearly as tall as Young or Horton. But he seems built like a Mack truck. I'm wondering if he fits in the Bain, Lofton mold of undersized but too fast/thick/strong/quick to contain?
I’m a big Horton fan and think he can probably match the production Young had last year but that also doesn’t really tell the whole story

I think we forget how far Young had come in a short time. We will need the same from Horton. Young was pretty valuable in the screen game last year as well and who knows if Horton is ready for that

Young’s best days were ahead of him here with Ward. He’s been our biggest portal loss which is also reflective of where he ended up

All that to say as much as I like Hortons (and our WR room in general) potential, we got Cam Ward for one year. I badly want to see us bring in a #1 receiver from the portal let them work, just not sure what will be available and how it will work out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine a world where a team could have a guy like Horton AND Young

I know keep dreaming…

Some guys have all the luck… the blocking options for a receiving core of Young, Horton, X and George would be tremendous. Getting up one score and going into conserve mode with them pulling their blocking weight is worth the price of admission.

Advertisement
Young listed as 2nd team on depth chart

“Colbie Young, he's flashed,” Smart said. “He's seen some really, really great spectacular plays, and then he's disappeared at times. So, it's a learning curve. He doesn't have confidence and know the offense inside and out completely, so I don't think you can judge. …He's really a hard worker and where he's shown up is on special teams. I mean, he's shown a commitment to special teams that I didn't expect to see, which shows me his toughness level and his buy-in."

Sound familiar?

“Colbie Young, he's flashed,” Smart said. “He's seen some really, really great spectacular plays, and then he's disappeared at times. So, it's a learning curve. He doesn't have confidence and know the offense inside and out completely, so I don't think you can judge. …He's really a hard worker and where he's shown up is on special teams. I mean, he's shown a commitment to special teams that I didn't expect to see, which shows me his toughness level and his buy-in."

Sound familiar?
His targets were already going to be drastically cut in Mike Bobo's Offense.

If he's not starting, he'll be lucky to get 400yds this season.

Advertisement

Sound familiar?
bruh left a team that was going to get Cam Ward lol.....he had to slow down for anything TVD threw and now hes on UGA which recruit God tier players at every spot lol......talk about McClaining it up.

Sound familiar?
Bruh people watching our spring game were like “yeah this meaningless scrimmage”

But they read Colbie Young caught a pass in UGAs and had meltdowns

Advertisement
Back