Colbie Young Portal

Advertisement
Skinny? Lol he was 220-225 and had to lose some weight. And he definitely had power 5 interest coming out he had offers from Tenn and a few other teams
Colbie Young is significantly bigger now then he was in high school.

This must be how G5 and lower P5 schools feel. We take a skinny WR that nobody knew about or wanted and developed him into one of the best big body WRs in the ACC and before his senior season he leaves.
Yep going to happen to all the schools that are deemed “have nots” can’t pay everybody. Heck UGA got bear Alexander and AD Mitchell plucked off there roster they could’ve used both vs BAMA. Until there is some sort of cap or transfer rules change this will continue to happen to all schools.

Advertisement
If his dreams are to go pro yes he has a lot to lose if he comes back his stock will not get much if any higher. The degree I understand but I would bet Miami will take care of him.

LOL he’s not playing pro football. And this is from the #1 Restrepo defender on this site. When’s the last time you watched an nfl game?

I guess maybe if Belichick is still the GM in New England next year he might pick him in the 7th round but no serious nfl franchise is drafting him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Losing Colby stings, yes, but everyone talking about all this “talent“ we’re losing. Team went 7–5 last year. Mario putting together a better roster with deeper talent. We’ll be fine.

Advertisement

IMO he’s a solid receiver. I didn’t think we used him correctly this year. But he’s not very explosive. Reminded me a bit of LaRon Byrd. But this definitely hurts. Not catastrophic but he played **** near every snap this year and had a good season. Need someone on the outside to step up. Portal kid would be nice and continue to develop Horton to man that spot

At one point he was averaging 18 a catch the “explosive” stuff everybody keeps saying isn’t true. We didn’t use him right at all.

Somebody is getting WR1

This one stings…I hope we made a strong play to keep him.
Would imagine schools operate off a budget & are careful in spreading NIL money. Maybe his price was too high & Miami sees the room as fairly deep with more young talent arriving in spring.

Advertisement
Back