Coker vs Shannon vs Golden ?

Noliaboi

Sophomore
I don't remember feeling this way towards the first two. I don't even remember it being this bad when fans wanted Coker and Shannon out.

Correct me if I am wrong, was it this bad?

I don't think Golden has a single alley amongst Fans.

Advertisement
In my opinion, this is far worse. It wasn't a picnic at times for Butch either, but nothing like this.

Advertisement
Shannon and Clappy never spit in the fans faces. They also were with us during some good times.

Golden is nothing. A nobody. He's never accomplished a thing. And not only does he suck at his job, he treats the fans as if all of us are retards. I hate him on a cellular level. The other guys just weren't good head coaches.

It wasn't this bad for Coker or Shannon because the admin didn't let it get to this point. Once it was obvious that a change was needed, they made a move.

The end of the Golden era has been very much like a Golden-led game: a slow, painful death.

Coker won a national title and was robbed of a second by a BS pass interference call with the players Butch brought to the program. He obviously deserved to go at the time of his firing.

Shannon was a former player who at least fielded respectable defenses and beat FSU a couple times.

Golden is a useless piece of car-selling s*** who hasn't accomplished a motherf***ing thing and is holding this program hostage due to the ineptitude of the f***faces in charge. I've never seen a fan base so united and a situation so toxic where a coach somehow managed to survive. It's beyond bizarre.

Advertisement
I honestly don't remember it ever vein gt his bad for any of those guys. **** even when people were calling for Butch's job it wasn't this bad .

It wasn't this bad for Coker or Shannon because the admin didn't let it get to this point. Once it was obvious that a change was needed, they made a move.

The end of the Golden era has been very much like a Golden-led game: a slow, painful death.

A very slow painful death is right. Zero direction like a life raft in the middle of the ocean with nothing in sight.

It was bad (Randy had a banner and Larry had firelarrycoker.com) but it never got quite this toxic because they pulled the trigger immediately at the end of the season when it was clear that both coaches were finished. I also think fans are just completely fed up with the decade of ineptitude. Things are getting desperate.

Randy tried to get it right with coordinator changes.

He was just average in a living room recruiting wise.

Golden got the big contract he wanted and now he makes the rules. He cares nothing about his future career...only the money.

Advertisement
Golden acts like it's unreasonable to expect more. I don't remember Shannon or Coker giving us this "Well, what did you expect?" bullsh!t.

The worst was coker just look at those rivals classes and him came in after butch stacked, Shannon was awful cheated had shapiro paying player i know randy was against it but it still was going on and we still sucked nothing worse than cheating and still being terrible, golden so far the least terrible but still doesnt seem good enough problem is he is facing more heat than any coach ever some deserved most of it not i believe due to the years before him and also i believe alot of the fanbase of um is just flat out racist and dont like him because he is white and followed randy

The end of the Shannon era was really, really painful.

Brutally painful. Really signaled a change of the times to where Miami was in the national standpoint and how overmatched the University was, especially since it was in the midst of Tebowmania.

Advertisement
Golden acts like it's unreasonable to expect more. I don't remember Shannon or Coker giving us this "Well, what did you expect?" bullsh!t.

"Maybe the expectations were a little bit out of kilter" - Larry Coker December 2004

Not a defense of the current ****bag, just a reminder that it's been bad for a long time.

Coker and Shannon made some poor excuses, lost bad games, and were underwhelming head coaches. However, they actually had the self-awareness to realize where they were lacking and try to improve (Shannon was better with this than Coker). Golden doesn't do that. He's never admitted his defense is broken. He keeps trying the same thing over and over and over again when we already know what the results will be. It's pretty despicable. And, Golden somehow created a personality cult around himself in Hecht--the other two didn't, and that's why they were fired.

The worst was coker just look at those rivals classes and him came in after butch stacked, Shannon was awful cheated had shapiro paying player i know randy was against it but it still was going on and we still sucked nothing worse than cheating and still being terrible, golden so far the least terrible but still doesnt seem good enough problem is he is facing more heat than any coach ever some deserved most of it not i believe due to the years before him and also i believe alot of the fanbase of um is just flat out racist and dont like him because he is white and followed randy

How can you seriously write this? The guy got an extension after going 6-6 when he should have won no less than 11 games. He then tries to jump ship to a program in a worse predicament. He was rewarded for doing nothing and then attempted to bounce. If anything the fanbase is upset for the unwarranted support he gets. Sort of like what you're doing.

And who in their right mind would say that the fan base is racist? If anything we are disappointed, it took the majority of us 4 years to realize the guy isn't a good coach. The fan base is racist but we were lauding him for the teams efforts in losing 6 games in 11 (No blowouts), we praised him for only losing 5 games in 12 (no quit), we acknowledge his coaching prowess in 2013 after losing 4 games(average 500 yards a game in conference play and started the year off against weak schedule), and now people like you want to play the race card when the guy has been underwhelming from get go. Man get out of here and grow up.

Golden is like a politician. He never says anything you can believe and he is a PR guy. With the renewed now this united crap. We don't care about none of that its like there a low level programs. Like when USF said get on the bus. Its comical and kids down here don't respond to singing with the band and that weird tradition mombo. Only tradition catches them is winning!! And getting to the league. He doesn't fit south Florida period its not his style!! There is no way in the **** if I want to take care of my mom I would play for this staff. They will mess over you

I think with Shanon the offense was a problem. Jacory showed flashes but in meaningless games he would throw pick after pick. The defense can only hold on so long. Shanon needed a quarterback he had depth most seasons and ran an aggressive defense. Jacory ****ed Shanon and we had no backup period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back