Cody Brown commits to Miami

Advertisement
Parkview is a very strong program as well and has produced college and pro talent for the better part of 20 years. Some of you will remember the name Jeff Francoeur who was a 2 sport star at Parkview, had a scholarship to Clemson to play quarterback before signing with the Braves
South Georgia is very strong
Metro Atlanta is very strong and after that you have pockets here and there
But overall GA talent is behind only Fla, Cali, IMO, and is on par with Texas, Ohio and Pa, in my admittedly biased opinion.
For as small a state GA is they produce NFL players at higher rate. And yeah Jeff was a phenomenon coming up in baseball .

For as small a state GA is they produce NFL players at higher rate. And yeah Jeff was a phenomenon coming up in baseball .
What has also helped is that GA has had a huge influx of people moving here from the northeast and Midwest. Basically, our population base has grown and our sports have improved in proportion. After the next census I think GA will have more US representatives than Michigan.

What has also helped is that GA has had a huge influx of people moving here from the northeast and Midwest. Basically, our population base has grown and our sports have improved in proportion. After the next census I think GA will have more US representatives than Michigan.
That’s the same thing that happen with south Florida also. Lot of influx of islanders and southerners moving down into Miami, Broward etc

A big difference in Fl and Georgia is the money and priority put into high school football...many Georgia football programs put millions into their programs and artificial turf is becoming the standard...uga and Miami just built indoor playing facilities..little Rabun County where Rob Stockton plays has had one years and they beat schools much larger. And Texas even more. Some of their stadiums put small universities to shame. So it’s not the population it’s the priority of high school football hence the high priority of recruiting there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cam, Chaney, Knighton, Thad, Brown

Hot ****. Somebody please block for them.
THIS. We've got the horses, just need our guys upfront to open up some **** holes for these guys.

I was pleased overall with the progress of our OT last year considering how trash they were in 2019. But what concerns me is the fact that we still don't have roadgrading nasty hogs in the middle. Way too many times when it's 3rd or 4th and short, we've got to resort to gimmick plays to try to get a 1st down only because our C and Gs get owned.

We can't put all of the weight each game on King's shoulders. We've got to be able to establish a power running game at will in order to take the next step.

Very interested to see what Justice does with his guys this offseason.

Advertisement
better feet and balance too. Thad got nifty feet...also i had to coach against him, he doesnt have problems shedding tackles. And we had a linebaker that started in the big 10 as a true freshman having to tackle him
Im a fam of his game. Agree with you.

THIS. We've got the horses, just need our guys upfront to open up some **** holes for these guys.

I was pleased overall with the progress of our OT last year considering how trash they were in 2019. But what concerns me is the fact that we still don't have roadgrading nasty hogs in the middle. Way too many times when it's 3rd or 4th and short, we've got to resort to gimmick plays to try to get a 1st down only because our C and Gs get owned.

We can't put all of the weight each game on King's shoulders. We've got to be able to establish a power running game at will in order to take the next step.

Very interested to see what Justice does with his guys this offseason.
I think a decently in shape and motivated Navaughn and a year older and stronger Rivers/Walker could surprise some at G this year.

Advertisement
Norvell will get a Golden like leash because FSU doesnt have the $$ to fire him and get a whole new staff... i think he will improve them but theyre still gonna struggle.

The early commits are reminiscent of what Golden would do
There will be better talent at many positions for them in '21, but no depth.

Watch the 3rd quarter of games closely for them in '21.

Parkview is a very strong program as well and has produced college and pro talent for the better part of 20 years. Some of you will remember the name Jeff Francoeur who was a 2 sport star at Parkview, had a scholarship to Clemson to play quarterback before signing with the Braves
South Georgia is very strong
Metro Atlanta is very strong and after that you have pockets here and there
But overall GA talent is behind only Fla, Cali, IMO, and is on par with Texas, Ohio and Pa, in my admittedly biased opinion.
Georgia HS football talent is much better than Texas and miles ahead of PA and California.

Ohio is the best state- by a mile- for talent outside of the South.

Advertisement
The talent in the RB room is probably unmatched for Miami right now. With that being said, Miami also need to figure out both guard positions and the center position in order to accommodate the stallions they have in their RB stables. If that OL isn't getting a better push at the point of attack, it's going to be a continued issue during the season and moving forward. It won't matter who's running the ball.

Georgia HS football talent is much better than Texas and miles ahead of PA and California.

Ohio is the best state- by a mile- for talent outside of the South.
From Ohio and not sure that I agree with that. Larger cities are losing populations quickly. If that is true, won’t be for much longer IMO.

Hate that ppl are making this out as an insult against Thad....one could argue we needed a 2nd RB in the 2021 class BEFORE Burns announced he was transferring. Now that he announced we absolutely needed another RB because 4 RB is way too low of a number during a season.

Just hope he's good with it and understands that this protects the team and isn't not even close to any kind of indictment on him.....

Advertisement
Back