Cody Brown commits to Miami

Contact balance doesn’t get talked about as much for top tier RBs because we tend to focus on height speed n weight..but it’s very important when talking about RBs at this and next level because the runs become dirtier and yards become harder and harder to come by.

So when you have a back who can get off schedule (gap closed or defenders muddy it up) and still be able to pick up positive yards it is a great thing. Then add to the fact he has good feet and good vision and just happens to be a solid 215/220 them 3 yd runs in the first start becoming 7-11 yd runs in the 4th qtr
Agreed that is true. See Frank Gore.

Advertisement
I've been sold on Franklin after seeing him tear up U School as a sophomore. Will give him the edge. Love the rb room like everyone else.

Brown has similar measurables to Alex Barnes, Hickson's last rb before coming to Miami.

Nice tape, love the take. Would be happy if he became a Mike James or Damien Berry type of hammer, haven’t had one in a while.

Advertisement
Brown gave an interview to Rivals last night. Said Hickson never stopped talking to him, even after he committed to Tennessee. Would contact him weekly just to see how he was. As soon as he was released from his LOI, the entire Miami staff was on him. He said he would do a zoom call with everyone - including Manny- every week. Brown mentioned Jake Garcia as one of the factors that made Miami the choice. He met him during the season when they played against each other. Garcia reached out and talked to Brown about Miami.

But but but Manny don't talk to recruits. It's pretty clear if Manny wants you he's talking to you

Meh. He’s better at getting through and around traffic.
better feet and balance too. Thad got nifty feet...also i had to coach against him, he doesnt have problems shedding tackles. And we had a linebaker that started in the big 10 as a true freshman having to tackle him

Your opinion based on what exactly..nowhere is Dude under pressure aside from a Miami fan board lmao
and what is your opinion based on? Try reading outside of CIS and maybe you'll find that research allows you to form your own opinion.

Advertisement
No he didn't... 7A Georgia Football Is on par with South Florida football. I remember when Miami Northwestern came to GA with that same attitude and a Sophomore Jaccuri Brown and Lowndes beat the breaks off them 48-21. Northwestern was state champs that season as well
Exactly! These guys spitting this talent nonsense, don't have a clue wtf they talking about. They don't know anything about bigtime GA- AAAAAAA football. They act like this kid was running up and down the field vs. the sisters of the poor. GMAFB! This kid was playing against some D1 kids every week.

I am aware, I was saying who else was even in the 22 class that we took him over? We have talked a lot about our clear top targets for most positions.... OL (Julian), S/CB (Rogers, Spells, Little), LB (Wesley), QB (Brown) and DL (Stewart, Kelly, Jones, Jackson etc.) has been dominating the headlines. I can't really think of many RBs in those discussions.
Edgerrin James son...there is a kid in Atlanta they are on.

twerk gif GIF by Future

and what is your opinion based on? Try reading outside of CIS and maybe you'll find that research allows you to form your own opinion.

You pay to read articles on the Athletic? 🤦🏾‍♂️..and again dude is not on a hot seat. Just had a top 10 finish just signed another top 5 class..if the expectations is to be Bama..ppl are fooling themselves. In his 6 years he’s accomplished more then the program has from 1980-2015

Advertisement
Exactly! These guys spitting this talent nonsense, don't have a clue wtf they talking about. They don't know anything about bigtime GA- AAAAAAA football. They act like this kid was running up and down the field vs. the sisters of the poor. GMAFB! This kid was playing against some D1 kids every week.
GA HS football is no joke. Especially in the Valdosta, lowndes colquitt among other areas.. south Florida talent is not far and ahead GAs talent. By no stretch of the imagination has that really ever been true. HS football is a pressure cooker up there..Quan Lee and isiah Horton are just as good as any wr prospect we have in south Florida this cycle

Advertisement
Brown gave an interview to Rivals last night. Said Hickson never stopped talking to him, even after he committed to Tennessee. Would contact him weekly just to see how he was. As soon as he was released from his LOI, the entire Miami staff was on him. He said he would do a zoom call with everyone - including Manny- every week. Brown mentioned Jake Garcia as one of the factors that made Miami the choice. He met him during the season when they played against each other. Garcia reached out and talked to Brown about Miami.

This is why communication is always good. I was very high on the Hickson pick up. We’ve been so enamored w/ Banda, but Hickson has been a sniper for a min.

GA HS football is no joke. Especially in the Valdosta, lowndes colquitt among other areas.. south Florida talent is not far and ahead GAs talent. By no stretch of the imagination has that really ever been true. HS football is a pressure cooker up there..Quan Lee and isiah Horton are just as good as any wr prospect we have in south Florida this cycle
Parkview is a very strong program as well and has produced college and pro talent for the better part of 20 years. Some of you will remember the name Jeff Francoeur who was a 2 sport star at Parkview, had a scholarship to Clemson to play quarterback before signing with the Braves
South Georgia is very strong
Metro Atlanta is very strong and after that you have pockets here and there
But overall GA talent is behind only Fla, Cali, IMO, and is on par with Texas, Ohio and Pa, in my admittedly biased opinion.

Advertisement
Back