Cody Brown commits to Miami

Harris leaves after 2021 season, Chaney and Knighton could leave after 2022. Thad and Brown by their third season would be getting the bulk of the carries.
Don't know why everyone thinks anyone is transferring. That's without taking into consideration injuries that are bound to happen.
Some could possibly transfer realistically especially we throw alot. That's the nature of having a stacked room the jags transfer. That's just how it is now. Kids don't want to wait. If one of them blows up and becomes a featured back a first round type kids leave ....I rather that happen tbh cause then u have a dominant back.

Advertisement
I don't want to derail the thread. Might be a conversation worth having in a new one, but Kirby retooling the staff is normally a sign that he needs to step up.

Georgia fired Richt for not winning the big one. Kirby has been given every advantage possible to win and he hasn't been able to. If they lose 3 games next year I think he's gone.
Harbaugh retooled that staff. Not Kirby. There’s legit no one suggesting that his seat is hot, outside of here. Richt was the 9-3 king at UGA and took years for him to get the boot. If UGA loses 3 games, then maybe the seat gets warm for the following year, but he’s going nowhere after this year.

I don't want to derail the thread. Might be a conversation worth having in a new one, but Kirby retooling the staff is normally a sign that he needs to step up.

Georgia fired Richt for not winning the big one. Kirby has been given every advantage possible to win and he hasn't been able to. If they lose 3 games next year I think he's gone.

UGA gave Richt like 15 years tho lol.

I wouldn't assume anything, it will all depend on injuries. Sure, maybe a true freshman who enrolls in August won't see much time against Alabama, but kids can play 4 games without burning the redshirt, so we could conceivably play Brown for the first half of the season before we would have to shut him down.

RBs have a short shelf-life in the NFL, so most college RBs want to get to the NFL as quickly as possible with as little damage to their bodies as possible. Most blue-chip college RBs want to play immediately and don't like redshirting.
I could be wrong and the coaches on here can correct, but RB seems like a position you can easily slot in to play right away no?

Harbaugh retooled that staff. Not Kirby. There’s legit no one suggesting that his seat is hot, outside of here. Richt was the 9-3 king at UGA and took years for him to get the boot. If UGA loses 3 games, then maybe the seat gets warm for the following year, but he’s going nowhere after this year.
UGA gave Richt like 15 years tho lol.
Kirby did the year before with his OC. Lets circle back to this come seasons end. I don't think Georgia is going to wait around for him to figure this out. Justin Fields was strike one.

But you're absolutely right. this is just my opinion.

Advertisement
Noles working on a Top 10 class this cycle. Norvell will get them right before long.

Look, I love ya man, but we have to stop gumming Norvell's tiny ****.

Norvell will NOT get them right before long UNLESS he changes the entire culture, and I'm not sure he has enough time or second/third chances to do so. It's not just "hey, can we trick a couple of 5-stars into joining our dumpster fire". It's about the fact that he committed MULTIPLE gaffes in his first year which undermined the trust and confidence of his team. It's about the fact that no matter how many crippled transfers and next-year-five-stars he signs, they have a significant DEPTH problem (which cannot be fixed quickly due to the IC rules).

Just because Norvell succeeded at Memphis (which was a program built BY SOMEONE ELSE) doesn't mean he is going to succeed at F$U.

I'm tired of this overly simplistic bullcrap of "well, I think he's a good coach, so it's only a matter of time until he succeeds".

Hey, how is Les Miles doing at Kansas (as of yesterday, because as of today, he is fired). Miles did a great job at LSU and a horrible job at Kansas. "Good coaches" don't necessarily succeed at every head coaching job.

How many national championships did Dennis Erickson win at schools not named Miami? Before OR after Miami?

Some could possibly transfer realistically especially we throw alot. That's the nature of having a stacked room the jags transfer. That's just how it is now. Kids don't want to wait. If one of them blows up and becomes a featured back a first round type kids leave ....I rather that happen tbh cause then u have a dominant back.
Good thing is lash seemed to get all three guys a good amount of touches last year.

Anytime you add a top talent at any position it is great. Very excited he choose The U for a couple other reason, GA impact and bringing hard running effort to our RB room. Won't rain on his commitment, but the OL has to do better in the run game for these great RB's to realize their potential.

Kirby did the year before with his OC. Lets circle back to this come seasons end. I don't think Georgia is going to wait around for him to figure this out. Justin Fields was strike one.

But you're absolutely right. this is just my opinion.
Your opinion based on what exactly..nowhere is Dude under pressure aside from a Miami fan board lmao

Advertisement
I could be wrong and the coaches on here can correct, but RB seems like a position you can easily slot in to play right away no?

Yeah, as long as your position coach isn't Don Soldinger (who was notorious for NOT playing RBs until they learned how to pass-block), most RBs are able to play in the first year based on talent alone (and a little bit of playbook knowledge).

The one mismatch that you tend to see is when a kid picks a program or a position coach that might require them to do things very differently than their natural tendencies. To oversimplify, I feel like some prior Miami coaches were forcing our fast outside runners, who look for a lane and then explode, to turn inside and fight off contact much earlier in the rush Maybe the kid can make the adjustment to a different style of running, but some struggle to do so.

Yeah sorry but the film to me says Thad all day.
That's what my eyes see. I admit I haven't watched Thad film in a long while and the new guy I'm just looking at his film, but my first reaction to it is give me thad. Not knocking Brown - he's powerful and decently fast (not fast). It's a different type of back than we've had in a while and I like it in a spread. But IMO Franklin is also big and has power, and he has better cutting ability and change of speed. A bit skeptical of Brown also because all his clips I saw had him starting deep in the backfield and building speed to the hole. Want to see his acceleration from a standing start and whether he can turn a corner. But it's probably there I just haven't watched enough of him.

Contact balance doesn’t get talked about as much for top tier RBs because we tend to focus on height speed n weight..but it’s very important when talking about RBs at this and next level because the runs become dirtier and yards become harder and harder to come by.

So when you have a back who can get off schedule (gap closed or defenders muddy it up) and still be able to pick up positive yards it is a great thing. Then add to the fact he has good feet and good vision and just happens to be a solid 215/220 them 3 yd runs in the first start becoming 7-11 yd runs in the 4th qtr

Advertisement
Good thing is lash seemed to get all three guys a good amount of touches last year.
Chaney took a strangle hold out of the young guys. I want to see if Knighton transformed his body a bit and gotten stronger. He was lanky af and was strong being lanky like that. Could imagine what a proper off season would do to that kid especially with his work ethic. Can't wait to see that. I felt like Chaney came already well packaged and Knighton looked like a high schooler.

Chaney took a strangle hold out of the young guys. I want to see if Knighton transformed his body a bit and gotten stronger. He was lanky af and was strong being lanky like that. Could imagine what a proper off season would do to that kid especially with his work ethic. Can't wait to see that. I felt like Chaney came already well packaged and Knighton looked like a high schooler.
Im excited for sure, but if someone is dealing in a game keep feeding them the ball.

I think I'm sticking with my take from previous threads on this guy. USC gets guys like this every year and get good, solid production from them in college. idk about him being a pro, but he can be a solid collegiate back. Hopefully he grinds and earns playing time and isn't out the door in a year or two...there is some nice potential here to be a good college player.

Advertisement
Excited for this kid to be here. Has very advanced balance and **** good vision for kid at his age. If he can keep his speed and hit that projected 230lb mark he could be an absolute monster in this scheme. I expect a good bit of development from the OL this year as well, so the running game should be much improved.

Look, I love ya man, but we have to stop gumming Norvell's tiny ****.

Norvell will NOT get them right before long UNLESS he changes the entire culture, and I'm not sure he has enough time or second/third chances to do so. It's not just "hey, can we trick a couple of 5-stars into joining our dumpster fire". It's about the fact that he committed MULTIPLE gaffes in his first year which undermined the trust and confidence of his team. It's about the fact that no matter how many crippled transfers and next-year-five-stars he signs, they have a significant DEPTH problem (which cannot be fixed quickly due to the IC rules).

Just because Norvell succeeded at Memphis (which was a program built BY SOMEONE ELSE) doesn't mean he is going to succeed at F$U.

I'm tired of this overly simplistic bullcrap of "well, I think he's a good coach, so it's only a matter of time until he succeeds".

Hey, how is Les Miles doing at Kansas (as of yesterday, because as of today, he is fired). Miles did a great job at LSU and a horrible job at Kansas. "Good coaches" don't necessarily succeed at every head coaching job.

How many national championships did Dennis Erickson win at schools not named Miami? Before OR after Miami?
Miles at LSU was a version of Coker at Miami. He inherited Saban's team and with their infrastructure and recruiting base and bag game, they kept it going for a while.

Miles isn't a very good coach is the thing. He's okay. Not terrible. Can't build it, IMO.

/Agree re Norvell

@DMoney with us taking Brown do you believe we will still go after a 2022 back and if so what are some names to look for if you know of some?

Advertisement
Back