Cody Brown commits to Miami

Add fsu and gaytors to the list.
I agree with Florida because Mullen clearly wants a pro job and he's losing a lot of talent.

FSU not so much. I think they'd give Norvell a couple more years to right the ship and although it looks like a mess over there. He did the right thing clearing out the old crop of players and committing to a culture change.*

I hope he fails though

Advertisement
Valdosta 7A football is entirely different from the 7A football played in Parkview’s region. Take for example Parkview played Grayson and lost 47-7. It’s good competition but it’s not the top level in 7A.
They are in the same region as Grayson.

I agree with Florida because Mullen clearly wants a pro job and he's losing a lot of talent.

FSU not so much. I think they'd give Norvell a couple more years to right the ship and although it looks like a mess over there. He did the right thing clearing out the old crop of players and committing to a culture change.*

I hope he fails though

Even if Norvell gets a few more years, once they lose 6 or 7 games this season a lot of the commits will jump.

Sure, I’ll be that guy. How does this shake up the rest of the room? Because all these kids aren’t staying here for their entire careers. This is 4 backs the last 2 classes. No chance all 4 spend 3-4 years here. So, who’s gonna be the odd man (men?) out?
I like the take of Cook. Keep bringing in guys and let the depth chart shake itself out. But in the end - I think Franklin/Cook might end up in the same boat as Robert Burns.

Both aren't as dynamic as the guys ahead of them (Chaney/Knighton), so they might carve out a short yardage role early, but will probably have to wait until their Jr/Sr year to get significant carries.

But their playing time will probably be dependent on how well we recruit RB moving forward. Burns got squeezed out by younger more talented RB's in Chaney/Knighton. I'm not saying Franklin/Cook will transfer or won't contribute - but if we keep recruiting the way we should, they'll probably end up more like role players.

I got 230 from a Sports Illustrated article but that’s a sketchy source.

Make no mistake 217-220 will be 230 at Miami after the college weight room and training. Brown and Thad are going to hammer teams after Lashlee’s scheme has spread them thin. Now just get 1 quick, scat, catch out of the backfield type for 22 and be done with RB until 23. Should easily be able find this in the Tri-county and he doesn’t have to have a lofty ranking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Harris leaves after 2021 season, Chaney and Knighton could leave after 2022. Thad and Brown by their third season would be getting the bulk of the carries.
Don't know why everyone thinks anyone is transferring. That's without taking into consideration injuries that are bound to happen.

I hope he fails though
Noles working on a Top 10 class this cycle. Norvell will get them right before long.

Advertisement
Will assume this kid will redshirt. Will help spacing of the rb room.

I wouldn't assume anything, it will all depend on injuries. Sure, maybe a true freshman who enrolls in August won't see much time against Alabama, but kids can play 4 games without burning the redshirt, so we could conceivably play Brown for the first half of the season before we would have to shut him down.

RBs have a short shelf-life in the NFL, so most college RBs want to get to the NFL as quickly as possible with as little damage to their bodies as possible. Most blue-chip college RBs want to play immediately and don't like redshirting.

I hope he fails though

Norvell will get a Golden like leash because FSU doesnt have the $$ to fire him and get a whole new staff... i think he will improve them but theyre still gonna struggle.

The early commits are reminiscent of what Golden would do

This is a tactic I would like to see us use more often. Identify coaches who are on the hot seat going into the season and stay on their top commits until they are eventually fired. That should put you in the driver's seat when they eventually open things back up. Teams i'd focus on this season.

- Michigan (Jimmy is donezo)
- Georgia (I think Kirby is gone if they don't win the SEC this year)
- Virginia Tech (program loses more kids than they sign every season)
- LSU (too much drama unless you're going undefeated)
you'd think Jimmy is donezo...but they just gave him an extension.

Advertisement
This is a tactic I would like to see us use more often. Identify coaches who are on the hot seat going into the season and stay on their top commits until they are eventually fired. That should put you in the driver's seat when they eventually open things back up. Teams i'd focus on this season.

- Michigan (Jimmy is donezo)
- Georgia (I think Kirby is gone if they don't win the SEC this year)
- Virginia Tech (program loses more kids than they sign every season)
- LSU (too much drama unless you're going undefeated)

Harbaugh re did he contract and Michigan alums have a weird obsession with him because hea a Meeeechigan man.

you'd think Jimmy is donezo...but they just gave him an extension.
Harbaugh re did he contract and Michigan alums have a weird obsession with him because hea a Meeeechigan man.
Read the fine print my friends. That buyout is nothing. He is being paid 4 Million this year instead of the 8 million he was initially signed for. To buy him out after the season will cost them another 4 Million. 8 Million total. The extension was a publicity stunt so they could continue to recruit.

Michigan would owe Harbaugh $4 million if it fired him in 2021, a guarantee that goes down $1 million each subsequent year of the contract. Harbaugh's buyout to leave Michigan begins at $2 million in 2021 and drops by $500,000 in each subsequent year until 2025.

Advertisement

he redid his deal but its easy to get out of If im not mistaken. basically, there isnt a better name out there if they fired him right now and there wasn't an NFL job he was being begged to coach or maybe wanted? their new deal is mutually beneficial to both sides I think

Neither Harbaugh or Kirby are getting fired this year.
Kirby's not getting fired this year, but with a bad year, Harbaugh might be pushed to jump.

I don't want to derail the thread. Might be a conversation worth having in a new one, but Kirby retooling the staff is normally a sign that he needs to step up.

Georgia fired Richt for not winning the big one. Kirby has been given every advantage possible to win and he hasn't been able to. If they lose 3 games next year I think he's gone.

Doubt it. He just retooled with an entirely new staff almost. He’ll be there for the next two years at least.

hes not getting fired for a while. they're recruiting at an elite level and they're still in contention for playoff games. if they lose the east this year, it def won't be rosy tho amongst the fanbase. UF isnt gonna be the same this coming year and UGA is gonna have a healthy QB firmly in place.

Advertisement
Back