Cody Brown commits to Miami

Advertisement
Not sure I understand this one. I’m not taking away from the kids talent, but would rather use an IC on a LB, CB or, OL. Safety and RB were the 2 positions I felt about on the team.

It's been discussed many times.

This is our 2022 RB. Barring injuries/transfers, we will not sign a 2022 RB.

Brown gave an interview to Rivals last night. Said Hickson never stopped talking to him, even after he committed to Tennessee. Would contact him weekly just to see how he was. As soon as he was released from his LOI, the entire Miami staff was on him. He said he would do a zoom call with everyone - including Manny- every week. Brown mentioned Jake Garcia as one of the factors that made Miami the choice. He met him during the season when they played against each other. Garcia reached out and talked to Brown about Miami.

This is a tactic I would like to see us use more often. Identify coaches who are on the hot seat going into the season and stay on their top commits until they are eventually fired. That should put you in the driver's seat when they eventually open things back up. Teams i'd focus on this season.

- Michigan (Jimmy is donezo)
- Georgia (I think Kirby is gone if they don't win the SEC this year)
- Virginia Tech (program loses more kids than they sign every season)
- LSU (too much drama unless you're going undefeated)

Advertisement
Reading alot of comments from this thread and the other thread on this kid and alot of you need to understand that Willis McGahee is probably never walking through GreenTree ever again. He was our Adrian Peterson. And ask OU if they think they are going to see a speciman like him ever again in Norman? 225-230lb RBs dont run 4.3-4.4s and have 80-90 yard TD runs like MaGahee and those of his ilk. Every school is lucky to get one in a programs history.

This kid is a big back with big back speed. Looks like a 4.6 guy which is normal for a kid who is **** near 230lbs. People keep talking about scatbacks but thats what we have in Rooster. We dont need another this cycle. Roosters our change of pace back and will be a **** good one.

I like this pickup. We need more goal line RBs too. I feel like we havent had a kid who when we get inside the 5 yard line we as fans can go take a bathroom break because we know its an automatic TD once we hand it to the RB. This kid looks like he could be that for us.

**** Hickson doesn't even get paid he just gives his checks to the HS running backs. It seems that way cause he gets anyone to come. Ruthless recruiter
violin shack GIF

This where Hickson lives

Advertisement
Will assume this kid will redshirt. Will help spacing of the rb room.
Him or Thad. Unless they earn a spot on special teams. I still get fired up thinking about the way Travis Homer introduced himself to the Canes with elite ST play.

Who’s complaining? Just asking the question. Cream will rise to the top, and while you’re not wrong about the bell cow back, I’d bet a lot of money that all these kids do not see it that way. There’s only 1 football. So, the 4 of them will not all graduate from here. I’d put money on it. I didn’t say that’s a bad thing, just asked the question who everyone thought would be low man on the totem pole and bounce.

Bruh it wasn't that its just this is good news, lets celebrate it and not worry about who may transfer in 2-3 years and start the debate on pitting our own players against one another. Realistically, no one might. Cam is gone after this year, I can see Don being gone in 2 years leaving Knighton, Brown and Thad. You are also assuming everyone stays healthy at a position known for injuries. Great late pick-up especially if they are not enamored with this years class.

Who was even on the radar? Gibbs? Felix? Patterson? I really can't think of anyone else. Def a down year for So.Fla RB talent, there will likely be a senior riser as there usually is but no issues with this take at all. Dude is a nice compliment to what we have

Advertisement
Valdosta 7A football is entirely different from the 7A football played in Parkview’s region. Take for example Parkview played Grayson and lost 47-7. It’s good competition but it’s not the top level in 7A.
How does this prove that he didn't play against top competition?

Bruh it wasn't that its just this is good news, lets celebrate it and not worry about who may transfer in 2-3 years and start the debate on pitting our own players against one another. Realistically, no one might. Cam is gone after this year, I can see Don being gone in 2 years leaving Knighton, Brown and Thad. You are also assuming everyone stays healthy at a position known for injuries. Great late pick-up especially if they are not enamored with this years class.

Who was even on the radar? Gibbs? Felix? Patterson? I really can't think of anyone else. Def a down year for So.Fla RB talent, there will likely be a senior riser as there usually is but no issues with this take at all. Dude is a nice compliment to what we have

this is their 2022 back.

Advertisement
Him or Thad. Unless they earn a spot on special teams. I still get fired up thinking about the way Travis Homer introduced himself to the Canes with elite ST play.

Will assume this kid based on date of arrival.

this is their 2022 back.
I am aware, I was saying who else was even in the 22 class that we took him over? We have talked a lot about our clear top targets for most positions.... OL (Julian), S/CB (Rogers, Spells, Little), LB (Wesley), QB (Brown) and DL (Stewart, Kelly, Jones, Jackson etc.) has been dominating the headlines. I can't really think of many RBs in those discussions.

This is a tactic I would like to see us use more often. Identify coaches who are on the hot seat going into the season and stay on their top commits until they are eventually fired. That should put you in the driver's seat when they eventually open things back up. Teams i'd focus on this season.

- Michigan (Jimmy is donezo)
- Georgia (I think Kirby is gone if they don't win the SEC this year)
- Virginia Tech (program loses more kids than they sign every season)
- LSU (too much drama unless you're going undefeated)

Add fsu and gaytors to the list.

Reading alot of comments from this thread and the other thread on this kid and alot of you need to understand that Willis McGahee is probably never walking through GreenTree ever again. He was our Adrian Peterson. And ask OU if they think they are going to see a speciman like him ever again in Norman? 225-230lb RBs dont run 4.3-4.4s and have 80-90 yard TD runs like MaGahee and those of his ilk. Every school is lucky to get one in a programs history.

This kid is a big back with big back speed. Looks like a 4.6 guy which is normal for a kid who is **** near 230lbs. People keep talking about scatbacks but thats what we have in Rooster. We dont need another this cycle. Roosters our change of pace back and will be a **** good one.

I like this pickup. We need more goal line RBs too. I feel like we havent had a kid who when we get inside the 5 yard line we as fans can go take a bathroom break because we know its an automatic TD once we hand it to the RB. This kid looks like he could be that for us.
Bigger version of Trey Sermon. Maybe we can actually get what we want out of a guy like this compared to what we thought Gus the bus would be.

Advertisement
Back