Cody Brown commits to Miami

What’s there to complain about? Welcome to play RB in the 21st century. There’s no such thing as a “bell cow” and most back get drafted off of a years production. If they want to complain about the depth chart then maybe they should’ve made a position change in HS.

Who’s complaining? Just asking the question. Cream will rise to the top, and while you’re not wrong about the bell cow back, I’d bet a lot of money that all these kids do not see it that way. There’s only 1 football. So, the 4 of them will not all graduate from here. I’d put money on it. I didn’t say that’s a bad thing, just asked the question who everyone thought would be low man on the totem pole and bounce.

Advertisement
What stood out to me was there wasn’t a single unnecessary step or move behind the line of scrimmage in that entire highlight tape. This kid finds the hole real quick and gets through it without any wasted movement. I don’t care what your 40 time is, if you’re dancing around back there or can’t identify the hole.

Advertisement
Unpopular opinion but it’s the **** truth: Cam was Miami’s best RB last year. That said with a real year in the Weight room I expect Don and rooster to really close that gap
You’re joking righr ? Cam wasnt the best rb he has hands like a pachyderm. Hes clumsy and not near as explosive as the two true freshman

Put this du at kick return. For years I've watched all of our return men run so timidly. Let this kid tote the rock and try to run someone over.

Advertisement
Brown gave an interview to Rivals last night. Said Hickson never stopped talking to him, even after he committed to Tennessee. Would contact him weekly just to see how he was. As soon as he was released from his LOI, the entire Miami staff was on him. He said he would do a zoom call with everyone - including Manny- every week. Brown mentioned Jake Garcia as one of the factors that made Miami the choice. He met him during the season when they played against each other. Garcia reached out and talked to Brown about Miami.
sad rugby world cup GIF by World Rugby

A player of this caliber deserves his own thread. Some quick hit facts:

- 10th ranked back in the country per 247 Composite
- 6’0, 217+
- Has run for 1,500+ yards for three consecutive years in Georgia's top classification
- 4.0 student
- Finished third in state in the discus with 166'1 throw
- Ran the 100M as a freshman at 11.68, also plays soccer
- 370 bench and 560 squat
- Picked the U because of his relationship with Hickson and Lashlee, which predates his commitment to Tennessee. Also wants to play with Jake Garcia

Now let’s sign some of these linemen that are blocking for this kid, most of those runs he is untouched coming through those gaps!

Advertisement
No he didn't... 7A Georgia Football Is on par with South Florida football. I remember when Miami Northwestern came to GA with that same attitude and a Sophomore Jaccuri Brown and Lowndes beat the breaks off them 48-21. Northwestern was state champs that season as well
Valdosta 7A football is entirely different from the 7A football played in Parkview’s region. Take for example Parkview played Grayson and lost 47-7. It’s good competition but it’s not the top level in 7A.

You’re joking righr ? Cam wasnt the best rb he has hands like a pachyderm. Hes clumsy and not near as explosive as the two true freshman
My bigger issues last year were with run game play calling and OL inability to generate anything consistent.

Cam wasn't great and while Chaney and Knighton both showed flashes, I really think our run game overall was poor. Hoping a full offseason for Lashlee and Justice really allows them to get things going next year. Either way, the RB room is now even more stacked. There should be no reason this team can't have a top rushing attack especially if King returns healthy.

Advertisement
Who’s complaining? Just asking the question. Cream will rise to the top, and while you’re not wrong about the bell cow back, I’d bet a lot of money that all these kids do not see it that way. There’s only 1 football. So, the 4 of them will not all graduate from here. I’d put money on it. I didn’t say that’s a bad thing, just asked the question who everyone thought would be low man on the totem pole and bounce.
All that does is set the table to **** on one or more of our RBs when we should be celebrating the room for at least an hour...

Advertisement
Back