Cody Brown commits to Miami

Probably because he can be a monster in pass protection at that size.
My theory is that Lashlee wasn't happy with the performance of the RBs on inside zone/zone read and Duo plays, and Brown has a good skillset for those schemes. Ideally Chaney progresses with those run schemes after excelling on gap/power plays and becomes the lead back, or Cam has a huge Sr year with improved footwork and explosion like Najee Harris showed, but if neither of those things happen Brown should be ready to compete. Knighton is talented but profiles as more of a space/satellite back, and Thad has the type of skillset (dancing big back) that usually takes time/seasoning to make a strong impact.

Guys are talking about Brown vs '22 backs but that's discounting the possibility he competes and provides depth right away.

Advertisement
This grouping of Thad Franklin and Cody Brown brings a scary group of physicality to the room.

You know who should be next to bring physicality to that backfield....

UnkemptSadGangesdolphin-small.gif

10202441.jpg

Advertisement
fun pick up

i do think there are some red flags that make me worried about a transfer down the line -- late in the cycle signee from SEC country at a position where only a few guys play -- but that's a worry for another day

Sure, I’ll be that guy. How does this shake up the rest of the room? Because all these kids aren’t staying here for their entire careers. This is 4 backs the last 2 classes. No chance all 4 spend 3-4 years here. So, who’s gonna be the odd man (men?) out?

Your post reminds me of those years when we had those stables of running backs (portis, mcgahee, gore or whoever they were — can’t recall offhand). Good dilemma to have.

A player of this caliber deserves his own thread. Some quick hit facts:

- 10th ranked back in the country per 247 Composite
- 6’0, 217+
- Has run for 1,500+ yards for three consecutive years in Georgia's top classification
- 4.0 student
- Finished third in state in the discus with 166'1 throw
- Ran the 100M as a freshman at 11.68, also plays soccer
- 370 bench and 560 squat
- Picked the U because of his relationship with Hickson and Lashlee, which predates his commitment to Tennessee. Also wants to play with Jake Garcia

Brown > Franklin and I'm not sure it's close tbh

Thad played better competition but this kid is a better athlete. They have almost identical frames
No he didn't... 7A Georgia Football Is on par with South Florida football. I remember when Miami Northwestern came to GA with that same attitude and a Sophomore Jaccuri Brown and Lowndes beat the breaks off them 48-21. Northwestern was state champs that season as well

Advertisement
Monumental pickup. Great vision, the balance for his size is ridiculous, and his acceleration upfield is fantastic as well. I’d agree that minus the speed he’s kind of a bigger Travis Homer, but I’d argue this dude is more physical and stronger than him at the same stage.

Rushing for 1500+ yds 3 seasons straight in GA’s highest classification is straight filth and our RB room just got filthier. God bless the young men who have to tackle this beast on short yardage situations late in games.

Hickson deserves a pay raise and a golden gun like Alligator Man from Atlanta, he’s earned it!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sure, I’ll be that guy. How does this shake up the rest of the room? Because all these kids aren’t staying here for their entire careers. This is 4 backs the last 2 classes. No chance all 4 spend 3-4 years here. So, who’s gonna be the odd man (men?) out?
What’s there to complain about? Welcome to play RB in the 21st century. There’s no such thing as a “bell cow” and most back get drafted off of a years production. If they want to complain about the depth chart then maybe they should’ve made a position change in HS.

Brown gave an interview to Rivals last night. Said Hickson never stopped talking to him, even after he committed to Tennessee. Would contact him weekly just to see how he was. As soon as he was released from his LOI, the entire Miami staff was on him. He said he would do a zoom call with everyone - including Manny- every week. Brown mentioned Jake Garcia as one of the factors that made Miami the choice. He met him during the season when they played against each other. Garcia reached out and talked to Brown about Miami.

Advertisement
Back