Coahes poll: Miami #23

Advertisement
so the coaches and media poll say wvu is still better than miami? this is why i was in favor of richt running up the score and keeping his foot on the gas, cant show mercy on these teams when you have them down

Advertisement
The Coaches Poll proves two things:

1) Coaches don't watch a lot of games that have no bearing on their own programs

2) The universal dislike/jealousy/potential fear of our program (cognizant or not) still trumps hiring a universally personally respected head coach.

Last edited:
The Coaches Poll proves two things:

1) Cosches don't watch a lot of games that have no bearing on their own programs

2) The universal dislike/jealousy/potential fear of our program (cognizant or not) still trumps hiring a universally personally respected head coach.

if the poll is supposed to be a ranking of the quality of a team at that time, this thing is an embarrassment. hard to get into arguments over other teams with the same record but WVU is a travesty.

No excuse for WVU above the Canes. This is about petty jealousies within a coaches conference. Plus all coaches want to limit The U recruiting momentum.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Auburn is ranked ahead of us. 8-5 Auburn. Auburn that lost their 3 last games against D-I teams, Auburn.

I mean who gives a ****?

If you're not first you might as well be last.

We're ranked at the end of the season for the first time in a long time so let's just be happy about that and hope it helps with recruiting. It's a complete farce anyway as we punked WVU and they're above us.

Advertisement
I mean who gives a ****?

We're ranked at the end of the season for the first time in a long time so let's just be happy about that and hope it helps with recruiting. It's a complete farce anyway as we punked WVU and they're above us.

when you are rebuilding and trying to gain momentum poll position helps. it boosts credibility of the program and reflects the positive trend which ultimately helps recruiting.

I mean who gives a ****?

Pretty much this. Rankings only matter as they pertain to what bowl you get into, end of year is pretty meaningless. That said, we end the year ranked which is a step in the right direction. Maybe wvu got rewarded for 10 wins, who the **** knows or cares.

I mean who gives a ****?

Right or wrong, rankings affect conference perception and conference perception clearly affects a ton of other areas. So much of college football is subjective (until it's undeniably not) that if you don't fight the perception wars in the public and the media then you end up with the country and recruits and monied interests believing SEC hype for over a decade.

So the a 5 loss Auburn team is better then a 4 loss Miami team? ACC was better then SEC this year. And a 5 loss team doesn't belong in the top 30 for crying out loud.

Advertisement
Back