Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
Probably means DVD goes to Utah State and maybe that announcement happens first.
So it came down to TRob and DVD? Tough one. LOL. Well whatever recruiting advantage we lose with DVD leaving we gain back with TRob and get a legit coach as well and not a newbie cutting his teeth.

We can't seriously hire DVD as our defensive backs coach? No experience what so ever. Just because he's connected well with recruits? F*ck let him go to Utah State and work his way back to Miami.
Scary part it seems Manny did not have many other options in line. It's like he wanted to make sure TRob was in the bag and he can now let DVD go? And if by chance that doesn't happen DVD is your only other option? That's sad for a program like Miami.

Advertisement
I don’t see it but I agree he’d learn a lot. If he has an opportunity for a coaching spot with Banda or a recruiting spot at UM, I think he takes the on field job.
Yeah I could definitely see that. I'm assuming (no idea really) that the pay is similar and I'm also assuming he'd rather live in Miami and work for the Hurricanes. If I'm Manny, I tell him to stay a year or two to learn from T-Rob and then he and T-Rob can help him get an on field role somewhere else. Might be a tough sell though.

What’s the game day role of a DB coach? How much do you guys really think DVD will learn working under Banda?

Advertisement
Yeah I could definitely see that. I'm assuming (no idea really) that the pay is similar and I'm also assuming he'd rather live in Miami and for the Hurricanes. If I'm Manny, I tell him to stay a year or two to learn from T-Rob and then he and T-Rob can help him get an on field role somewhere else. Might be a tough sell though.
He’d learn a ton about recruiting too.

What’s the game day role of a DB coach? How much do you guys really think DVD will learn working under Banda?
We think he’d learn working under TRob but think he’d probably take the job under Banda as it’s an on field role.

Advertisement
It’s about cutting your teeth...

Being around different folks with different ideas... maybe not Banda but the HC of places you go and how they coach and teach..

Going to Utah he’s going to be dealing with different kids with way different backgrounds than he’s use to in SFlorida so this can help him step out of his comfort zone in relatability

this is good for him... hope he succeeds because he seems like a “good” recruiter just needs to cut his teeth and come back home

If we hire TRob, I wonder what they’ll do with the 10th assistant spot? They could make TRob DB/Co-DC, and give him control over the entire DB room, and still keep DVD on as CB coach, essentially as an on-field assistant to TRob. Seems like a win-win for us and DVD. Just would need to be clear to TRob and DVD that TRob runs the show in the DB room.

Advertisement
If we hire TRob, I wonder what they’ll do with the 10th assistant spot? They could make TRob DB/Co-DC, and give him control over the entire DB room, and still keep DVD on as CB coach, essentially as an on-field assistant to TRob. Seems like a win-win for us and DVD. Just would need to be clear to TRob and DVD that TRob runs the show in the DB room.
Don't see it happening. Telly is first in line above DVD.

Advertisement
Back