Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
Advertisement
oh daniel? yeah, i had dms with him today. seems like a nice bloke.
wtf GIF

Michigan just hired Mike MacDonald from my Ravens as their new DC, he was our LB’s coach.

In that case, I could see MacDonald trying to convince Ravens Secondary coach my guy & fellow Jamaican Chris Hewitt to come with him, he grew up in New Jersey, played football at Cincinnati & coached at Rutgers for 8 years before he went to the NFL & has been with the Ravens ever since.

If not Hewitt, then they might go get a guy like Terry Joseph from Norte Dame, but I don’t think they’d be a real option for T-Rob, he’s staying in the South, it’s either gonna be us or a SEC team & as of now none of the SEC teams have really positioned themselves to be a better option for him than us.
Wait so Jim's raiding his brothers staff? Wow dude is going to go down swinging

LSU is hiring Marcus Freeman as their DC.

He could bring Perry Eliano with him from Cincinnati or LSU might keep Corey Raymond, but I highly highly doubt they’ll sign both Freeman & T-Rob.

I don’t wanna jump the gun, but it really looks like we could be in the lead for TR right now... Hopefully Manny closes this thing ASAP.

He needs to be on the phone right now giving him as much money as wants & whatever title he wants, it’s imperative we don’t let this opportunity to truly transform our DB recruiting for the first time in decades pass us by.

college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
He did that after going undefeated in the ACC and made it to playoffs. That’s a coach that knows what it takes.

Well that just speeds up the process in which we need to get TRob.

LSU getting swooped at the last second means they’re going to go all out for their next target.

We better get TRob inked on the dotted line before it’s too late.

Advertisement
They also need to lose Raymond, who would need a big offer to go to UT and I think Sark was looking at some Houston coach who coached safeties as a potential DC. Unsure who his connects are.
Think the Houston guy is going to Auburn with Mason

Advertisement
Back