Coaching Update from 247

One thing that TRob has is that he will always be a commodity. If he comes here and Manny gets fired his value will jold and he will be just as sought after next yr.

Advertisement
In all honesty, when Diaz did an overhaul of the offense...they were WAAAYYY worse in 2019 than what we saw on our defense in 2020.

Yes we had some meltdowns towards the end of the season, and I do not think Baker is getting better. I know what I posted, but I really do not think a massive overhaul is needed on defense like what we saw on offense. Just an honest opinion. Baker has some use, but I really do not think he was ready for a DC position with a Power 5 D1 program like UM, but at the time the move made sense for him and Diaz,

Now, with the progression of Diaz, he is going to have to prove to EVERYONE that he can make even the toughest decisions when it comes to guys close to him on his staff, and his career as a HC. Thats why i said maybe Baker can fall back to LBs, and maybe even Co-DC. I also think he had some success working with DBs at La-Tech, but once again this is Power 5, and we are trying to make a case to be a playoff contender.

This is seriously a critical moment in Manny's career, and there are a lot of people looking to see what kind of moves he makes.
Out of curiosity... if Baker leaves, what do you think the team loses?

On the real; El...here’s why I worry.

So I already knew Harbaugh was going to get an extension. In one of the threads, I said Harbaugh & Herman will either be fired or they will be put on the shortest leash. Herman was fired, ultimately, and Harbaugh is on a short leash. His “extension” is a drop in pay, and a LOW buyout. It’s an incentive laden contract, that protects Michigan is they decide he’s not worth being there.

Harbaugh & Michigan r going to try to put together an all star defensive staff. Don was a scapegoat & Michigan is going to acquiesce. Now; I haven’t heard chit about TRob & them, but Harbaugh is like an animal backed into the corner. He knows his team gotta perform or else. That much has been made clear. I talked to my lil cousin’s boyfriend, who’s a former player on the ‘17 team.

I don’t pry for info b/c at the end of the day, I only f w my familia here; but hot names r going to be circling in Ann Arbor now that the HC situation is no longer up for ?ing. And we know Meechigan got money to burn. I want all loose ends closed off. I don’t trust none of these desperate P5 programs that had an off yr in embarrassing fashion. Like we need to make chit happen to secure some sort of semblance
IMO Michigan is a long way from competitive and it isn't so much defensive coaching. They need infrastructure and talent and time. Harbaugh won't make it through to the end, IMO.

Advertisement
IMO Michigan is a long way from competitive and it isn't so much defensive coaching. They need infrastructure and talent and time. Harbaugh won't make it through to the end, IMO.

That’s exactly why his contract language is as such. Harbaugh is a good salesman. He almost convinced Najee to flip, like Fr Fr was close (I was actually at Najee’s home coming game when Harbaugh showed up). He used Don & youth as a means to justify the ineptitude this yr. B/c he’s a favorite son, Michigan gave him an extension, but w/ clauses to protect them. He’ll try to blame the def, but I wholeheartedly agree w/ u. The def was just fine for yrs, and they always came up short.

Advertisement
On the real; El...here’s why I worry.

So I already knew Harbaugh was going to get an extension. In one of the threads, I said Harbaugh & Herman will either be fired or they will be put on the shortest leash. Herman was fired, ultimately, and Harbaugh is on a short leash. His “extension” is a drop in pay, and a LOW buyout. It’s an incentive laden contract, that protects Michigan is they decide he’s not worth being there.

Harbaugh & Michigan r going to try to put together an all star defensive staff. Don was a scapegoat & Michigan is going to acquiesce. Now; I haven’t heard chit about TRob & them, but Harbaugh is like an animal backed into the corner. He knows his team gotta perform or else. That much has been made clear. I talked to my lil cousin’s boyfriend, who’s a former player on the ‘17 team.

I don’t pry for info b/c at the end of the day, I only f w my familia here; but hot names r going to be circling in Ann Arbor now that the HC situation is no longer up for ?ing. And we know Meechigan got money to burn. I want all loose ends closed off. I don’t trust none of these desperate P5 programs that had an off yr in embarrassing fashion. Like we need to make chit happen to secure some sort of semblance
Michigan just hired Mike MacDonald from my Ravens as their new DC, he was our LB’s coach.

In that case, I could see MacDonald trying to convince Ravens Secondary coach my guy & fellow Jamaican Chris Hewitt to come with him, he grew up in New Jersey, played football at Cincinnati & coached at Rutgers for 8 years before he went to the NFL & has been with the Ravens ever since.

If not Hewitt, then they might go get a guy like Terry Joseph from Norte Dame, but I don’t think they’d be a real option for T-Rob, he’s staying in the South, it’s either gonna be us or a SEC team & as of now none of the SEC teams have really positioned themselves to be a better option for him than us.

That’s exactly why his contract language is as such. Harbaugh is a good salesman. He almost convinced Najee to flip, like Fr Fr was close (I was actually at Najee’s home coming game when Harbaugh showed up). He used Don & youth as a means to justify the ineptitude this yr. B/c he’s a favorite son, Michigan gave him an extension, but w/ clauses to protect them. He’ll try to blame the def, but I wholeheartedly agree w/ u. The def was just fine for yrs, and they always came up short.
Makes sense. He is a salesman and all rah rah, but it's his institution that isn't capable of competing with Ohio State, and because of how they're going at it (and a lack of self-awareness), they're under-prepared to compete with the other programs in that conference they should be able to handle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Theres currently no one to lose him to. Doesnt rule a late pitch out, but, there is no one emerging so far.
65082E23-6628-4F2C-900C-AAA03239F1A5.gif

Advertisement
Back