Coaching Update from 247

I changed from the middle finger to vomit, neither of which affects your reaction score... unlike the emoji’s I get from you.

No w how about a golden goat badge for Cribby and LCE so that you are not inconvenienced by all of the board drivel?
Lmao that score is my pride and joy, I commend you good sir. Whatever you guys decide just make it a bright color so I can scroll faster.

Advertisement
I would love trob as a secondary coach and could understand a co-dc title. But:

1) if he has more say in the defensive game planning and he didn’t have a lot of success working with a guy like Muschamp, is the trade off of having more talent in the secondary (cb mainly) worth the trade off for a guy who was mediocre at running a defense with the help of a defensive minded head coach?

2) to what extent did trob have true free reign anyways at South Carolina with a coach like Muschamp as the head guy. Maybe here if given more freedoms he would be a different coach (hopefully better if running the actual defense).

Agreed....

Can you imagine the defensive Staff meeting - why would they listen to him? Unless they want to do the opposite. " You had your shot.. and you blew it. Do me a favor... take a run to Starbucks for us .. here's a $20..."

JC
kind of like Paul Williams in the recruit analysis meeting video that came out a while back silently sitting by himself off to the side holding a clipboard while the others talked shop at the table.

Advertisement
Manny should make ed Reed the defensive coordinator.this guy played 11 yrs in the league coached 1 year, has been praised by peyton and brady as a smart *** player and know by his coaches as a film junkie.if diaz,Blake baker and banda have been qualified to be dc at miami,then ed Reed is more than qualified to be it.

Diaz = Baker...firing one or the other, or even losing one of the other defensive cogs like Bandy...still leaves us with the same problems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
kind of like Paul Williams in the recruit analysis meeting video that came out a while back silently sitting by himself off to the side holding a clipboard while the others talked shop at the table.
false, he also knew of the top of his head the 40 speed of one specific athlete. elite skills if you axe me.

Manny should make ed Reed the defensive coordinator.this guy played 11 yrs in the league coached 1 year, has been praised by peyton and brady as a smart *** player and know by his coaches as a film junkie.if diaz,Blake baker and banda have been qualified to be dc at miami,then ed Reed is more than qualified to be it.
ik everyone hates on former players being coaches without experience and what not. I also know ed reed spends time with his son in georgia or whatever so he wouldn’t be one to jump on job anytime soon. But I agree Ed Reed master student of the game if the opportunity came for a DB coach of any type at the U I think he would kill it. There’s been many ****** coaches here as we’ve seen ranted about on this board.

He's not

Advertisement
I will raise it at the next Board of Mauderators meeting.
The banner doesnt have to say staff or anything..
Should say something like (Fax). Also I nominate me for next batch of maudes need to stop getting banned somehow.

Last edited:
Gonna skip the negative comments and say Ed is in perfect position to help the university, can recruit, be a pr type guy, etc.. With him being in georgia half the time and him not having much experience, doesnt make much sense to go that route.. We cannot continue to have people learn on the job, pay someone who will get the job done..

The banner doesnt have to say staff or anything..
Should say something like (Fax). Also I nominate me for next batch of mods need to stop getting banned somehow.
@Andrew can we get a special Golden Goat badge next to the names of posters of the finest repute when it comes to information- recruiting and football? I want to help make it easier for @cway313 to scroll past all of the drivel on the Board to only those posters whose opinions he gives a **** about. The rest of us and the ads are just wasting space, along with his time. I recommend the following if you and Cway approve:

FD89091D-BC8A-4B7F-9674-D9A08EECBF47.png

C03EC229-2614-4CF2-B107-7113DAB74DF8.gif

Advertisement
Back