Coaching Update from 247

Id be on board with something like this
Defensive Play Caller Manny Diaz
CO-DC/DB T-Rob
CO-DC/LB Blake Baker
DL Coach Kevin Patrick
CB Coach DVD

Respectfully...if we are still running Manny's defense we are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Also its not an unreasonable or unrealistic expectation to want a new DC with his own philosophy. Obviously Manny may not do it but he should.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Have you seen what happened to their safety room - performance and recruiting???

**** no on English and hope we get someone better than Gray. He didn’t get canned because they were happy with him.
Performance is one thing but recruiting at safety shouldn't be an issue for at least one cycle since we already have Avantae, James Williams, Kinchens, etc. Florida was stuck with Stiner, Stewart, Davis for what seemed like 10 years, and it appears English never recruited anyone good enough to unseat them, but we've got close to 10 safeties on the rooster right now. And if we run a system that isn't so hard on the safeties then they should be fine.

And people here were high on Gray when Mullen hired him, and he did just land Marshall and Elam the year before. I would think having Robinson alongside those two (with Reed popping into the meeting room when he's in town) would leave us in a good spot at DB.

Listen we open up against bama. If Manny doesn’t get rid of Baker other moves are pointless.

There is also no justification to keeping him and removing his play calling responsibilities, that garners him useless.

Any decent offense exposes this Manny defense. We need a whole new philosophy on that side of the ball. Look at what UNC did to us. A new CB and safeties coach won’t fix that. The whole scheme was exposed.

Stop playing games and fire Baker, if not it’s Manny’s head next season after getting demolished by Bama. We know how we respond after an opening game prime time loss to a top team. See 2018 LSU, 2019 UF, countless other examples of how we fall apart after big losses. Team quits.

Advertisement
Performance is one thing but recruiting at safety shouldn't be an issue for at least one cycle since we already have Avantae, James Williams, Kinchens, etc. Florida was stuck with Stiner, Stewart, Davis for what seemed like 10 years, and it appears English never recruited anyone good enough to unseat them, but we've got close to 10 safeties on the rooster right now. And if we run a system that isn't so hard on the safeties then they should be fine.

And people here were high on Gray when Mullen hired him, and he did just land Marshall and Elam the year before. I would think having Robinson alongside those two (with Reed popping into the meeting room when he's in town) would leave us in a good spot at DB.
For me no way on English. As to Gray, the gaytor fans complained about CB regression /sub-par play with everyone but Elam. I think Gray potentially ends up at USCe with Shane Beamer.

Advertisement
Priceless. Yet the way the people y'all have confidence in. By the way while people are saying such and such met with the board & this that & the third was discussed. All I'm gonna say is a FEW very significant members of the board I know for fact happen to have JUST NOW came back from vacation...
Lol. CIS gonna CIS.

Advertisement
Offensive coaches do it. I don’t think he wants to , but it’s better than baby sitting BB. I mean he remains on staff
If Diaz has to babysit BB, step in and take over the Defensive playcalls and not use all his attention to managing the entire team, in your opinion, why does Diaz keep Baker around?

Advertisement
Seems your proper usage of emojis is deteriorating.
I changed from the middle finger to vomit, neither of which affects your reaction score... unlike the emoji’s I get from you.

Now how about a golden goat badge for Cribby and LCE so that you are not inconvenienced by all of the board drivel?

Let's hope. DVD is a Cane, but he needs to cut his teeth somewhere else. Manny needs experience and talent on his coaching staff and he needs it now.

Manny also needs an experienced defensive coordinator that he doesn't need to coach up during the year.

Enough of this co-defensive coordinator crap he's doing by trying to be head coach and hanging on to his old job, as well.

First thing successful leaders would do here is appoint someone capable to handle their old gig while they focus on the new job.

Not being able to let go and to try and control one's former tasks—such an amateur move.

Advertisement
Back