Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
@Cribby has said multiple times Baker isn't safe. His status may be determined by the ability to get a DC Manny wants, not some message board belief that Manny is undyingly loyal like Golden was
even if he isn't fired that does not mean he will keep his play calling abilities which were obviously deficient. Granted why keep him on to begin with? But that is a decision Manny and Blake will have to make. Personally, I would not be f'king if I were neutered. But that's just me.

We had five "meltdowns" by the defense in eleven games. Louisville, Clemson NC St, UNC, and OK St.
We did not meltdown against Clemson, they beat our ***...the others I can agree with, but the problem there is that we won half of those games, some would even say, on key stops by the defense in the second half.

Louisville: 2 forced punts in the 3rd quarter, and a forced fumble on UL last drive

NC State: 2 forced punts and an interception on NC States last three drives

Trust me, I am with everyone else here, but there is still some reality to all of this.

Advertisement
I think a lot of posters confuse "winning the offseason" with our program being a complete f*cking circus.

It's entertaining to watch Manny plug holes with headline hires and transfers but in the end it's another offseason of fixing mistakes rather than build on success. It's a recipe for disaster.

The wheels fall off every season as our coaches get exposed and the players begin to resent them program.

To rebuild the culture we needed to push certain players out. Instead we handed them all starting jobs and watched their entitled asses fail all season. We have coaches and support staff who expect/receive raises and new titles regardless of how poorly we perform on the field for jobs they aren't even qualified for.

It's fun. But we are kidding ourselves if we think the end result will be any different in 2021.

even if he isn't fired that does not mean he will keep his play calling abilities which were obviously deficient. Granted why keep him on to begin with? But that is a decision Manny and Blake will have to make. Personally, I would not be f'king if I were neutered. But that's just me.
Agreed....

Can you imagine the defensive Staff meeting - why would they listen to him? Unless they want to do the opposite. " You had your shot.. and you blew it. Do me a favor... take a run to Starbucks for us .. here's a $20..."

JC

he isn’t getting fired that is already known
Happy The Rock GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
We did not meltdown against Clemson, they beat our ***...the others I can agree with, but the problem there is that we won half of those games, some would even say, on key stops by the defense in the second half.

Louisville: 2 forced punts in the 3rd quarter, and a forced fumble on UL last drive

NC State: 2 forced punts and an interception on NC States last three drives

Trust me, I am with everyone else here, but there is still some reality to all of this.
Tale of two seasons

Bad:

NC State: 410 yards, 34 points
OK St: 418 yards, 37 points
LOU: 511 yards, 34 points
Clemson: 550 yards, 42 points
UNC: 800 yards, 62 points

Not as bad:

UAB, FSU, Duke, Pitt, UVA, VT

I think a lot of posters confuse "winning the offseason" with our program being a complete f*cking circus.

It's entertaining to watch Manny plug holes with headline hires and transfers but in the end it's another offseason of fixing mistakes rather than build on success. It's a recipe for disaster.

The wheels fall off every season as our coaches get exposed and the players begin to resent them program.

To rebuild the culture we needed to push certain players out. Instead we handed them all starting jobs and watched their entitled asses fail all season. We have coaches and support staff who expect/receive raises and new titles regardless of how poorly we perform on the field for jobs they aren't even qualified for.

It's fun. But we are kidding ourselves if we think the end result will be any different in 2021.
we went from 6-7 to 8-3 with two bad loses at the end of year which nobody is happy about. i am not delusional but if he wins the offseason again and ends next season with 9 or 10 wins i am going to be happy with the progress.

Advertisement
Tale of two seasons

Bad:

NC State: 410 yards, 34 points
OK St: 418 yards, 37 points
LOU: 511 yards, 34 points
Clemson: 550 yards, 42 points
UNC: 800 yards, 62 points

Not as bad:

UAB, FSU, Duke, Pitt, UVA, VT
Tale of this defense could not stop a decent offense

The same dream school he reneged his commitment to so he could flip to Auburn out of hs?
I seem to remember us dropping him or at least not engaging with him after he committed and/or after we saw him play in the Dade/Broward game and wasnt impressive.. I could be wrong. Was a long time ago. Who cares now though in any event. Hes a great coach and I want him on the staff!

Advertisement
Back