Coaching Update from 247

**** it, get the music squad in. Everyone get their notebooks out, lets start decrypting.

You can rule out **** Trickle, he's unqualified.

What about former NBA player Chubby Cox? Former MLB player Johnny ****shot? Former NHL great Ron Tugnutt?

OK, let's stick to football, and a SoFla linebacker legend from American Heritage High School...

Lucious Pusey!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I really wanted us to go after Marcus Freeman smh.. looking like he's a done deal to LSU... developer and technics

Off topic but idk where to put this anymore....buttttt
@Cribby is the corner we are supposed to be getting still happening or are you unsure now?

Too much logic in this thought mate. It unfortunately will never happen, but I’m on board with your thinking
In all honesty, when Diaz did an overhaul of the offense...they were WAAAYYY worse in 2019 than what we saw on our defense in 2020.

Yes we had some meltdowns towards the end of the season, and I do not think Baker is getting better. I know what I posted, but I really do not think a massive overhaul is needed on defense like what we saw on offense. Just an honest opinion. Baker has some use, but I really do not think he was ready for a DC position with a Power 5 D1 program like UM, but at the time the move made sense for him and Diaz,

Now, with the progression of Diaz, he is going to have to prove to EVERYONE that he can make even the toughest decisions when it comes to guys close to him on his staff, and his career as a HC. Thats why i said maybe Baker can fall back to LBs, and maybe even Co-DC. I also think he had some success working with DBs at La-Tech, but once again this is Power 5, and we are trying to make a case to be a playoff contender.

This is seriously a critical moment in Manny's career, and there are a lot of people looking to see what kind of moves he makes.

Advertisement
In all honesty, when Diaz did an overhaul of the offense...they were WAAAYYY worse in 2019 than what we saw on our defense in 2020.

Yes we had some meltdowns towards the end of the season, and I do not think Baker is getting better. I know what I posted, but I really do not think a massive overhaul is needed on defense like what we saw on offense. Just an honest opinion. Baker has some use, but I really do not think he was ready for a DC position with a Power 5 D1 program like UM, but at the time the move made sense for him and Diaz,

Now, with the progression of Diaz, he is going to have to prove to EVERYONE that he can make even the toughest decisions when it comes to guys close to him on his staff, and his career as a HC. Thats why i said maybe Baker can fall back to LBs, and maybe even Co-DC. I also think he had some success working with DBs at La-Tech, but once again this is Power 5, and we are trying to make a case to be a playoff contender.

This is seriously a critical moment in Manny's career, and there are a lot of people looking to see what kind of moves he makes.

What use is that?

What about scooping up UF scapegoats Gray and English?

DC Robinson
DL Brumbaugh
LB Patke
CB Gray
S English

Advertisement

We had five "meltdowns" by the defense in eleven games. Louisville, Clemson NC St, UNC, and OK St.

What use is that?
Despite popular belief, he is not completely incompetent, he is just not suited to coordinate an entire defense at this level, considering the complete misuse of the depth we had and development of the young guys. Especially at times when starting guys were struggling. I mean everyone saw how poor McCloud played yet we had talented guys on the bench not getting reps.

I m just saying that the reality is that, we were mismanaged on defense and, yes that is on Baker & Manny both IMO. I was as ****ed as everyone else, and am completely on board with just canning his ***...but that is not always the best decision. Unless EVERY defensive player on the roster has given up on him...he DOES have relationships with our roster, and he could probably be used somewhere.

I dont know, I am just trying to make a little light of what is most likely going to happen, and that is that Blake Baker will be on staff next season, unless another power 5 school comes calling...I can almost assure you that Manny is not firing the dude.

Advertisement
Back