Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
I definitely think he has great intelligence. But I honestly think what hurts us the most in recruiting is this exact thing. These kids want to play and be coached by a positional coach who has legit coaching experience. Imagine how easy it will be to recruit against us at that position.
For the record I agree he needs to cut his teeth elsewhere. But. If we break the bank for trob who coaches the entire secondary and dvd is primarily a recruiter and assistant? Kids still getting coached by trob and dvd did play in the league for 6 years and got drafted. He knows a little something. Not like a Banda or someone who never played at the highest level.

Advertisement
For the record I agree he needs to cut his teeth elsewhere. But. If we break the bank for trob who coaches the entire secondary and dvd is primarily a recruiter and assistant? Kids still getting coached by trob and dvd did play in the league for 6 years and got drafted. He knows a little something. Not like a Banda or someone who never played at the highest level.
Oh I definitely agree with keeping him if we can get trob or someone with more experience. Would be good for him to stay so he can learn. But I don't want him as my primary CB coach.

There are people on this board who think we should be winning national championships and are ****ed if we don't, and others who are OK with hiring DeMarcus Van Dyke as our CB coach. Absolutely wild.
Were not set up to win titles. Clemson,Bama and etc Coaching Analyst are better then our coaching staffs. I would only be on board with DVD at CB coach if T-Rob was DB Coach and overseen everything

Advertisement
Advertisement
Id be on board with something like this
Defensive Play Caller Manny Diaz
CO-DC/DB T-Rob
CO-DC/LB Blake Baker
DL Coach Kevin Patrick
CB Coach DVD
So the same shlt scheme and baker continues to steal money.

DVD lmfao.

Actually, nevermind. I’m on board also. This will expedite Mandy’s firing. Maybe TRob can get us a corner for the next coach also.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like DVD, but Miami shouldn't be the place for first time coaches. At least not until we can get both sides of the ball competent at the same time and then maybe if a spot comes open we give first timers a chance.

And just b/c someone did play at a high level does not mean they are a good coach (ex: Rumph) or that they aren't a good coach b/c they didn't play at a high level (Saban, Belichick, etc).

Has DVD even coached at the high school level?

Advertisement
Back