Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

View as article
Let's keep it real folks. Remember Major Applewhite done deal until it wasn't? No one really knows anything for sure. Horse's mouth turned out to be it's @ss.

i agree. At this point anything could still happen. Everything has to be on the table for Manny. Only way he doesn’t fire some of these guys is if he truly can’t find anyone he thinks is better to replace them.

Advertisement
Congrats to your son on all of his accomplishments. Looking forward to see him in the NFL and will continue to support.

With that being said, can you blame fans for being this discouraged considering the decade+ of lack of accountability and ineptness?

I don't fault fans for being frustrated, but that doesn't mean they need to suspend all of reality while being frustrated.

I'm telling you, my family isn't coming here unless they aren't offered by a dozen or so other programs. I wouldn't take that chance with their future. Nobody is saying, go to the U, get coached up, drafted high, and make that money. We aren't that team right now, it makes it tough on the trail, but people don't want to hear that. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear, it's still the truth though.

I know a lot of people here want Barry gone.and I'm not taking up for him.but the guy really didn't have any decent olinemen to work with.and it was that away long before he got here last year.so it's not really his fault the shape the oline is in.that blame falls on the prior staffs before him.stubblefield is the rbs coach right so basically can't blame him either.rbs can't do anything if the oline can't execute/run block.we know they can't pass block either.

I agree that the talent in the line sucks but the problem is.....they didn’t even know who to block. That is coaching, not talent issue. How many blown assignments did we have. It wasn’t always about just being less talented and just being whipped, these guys flat out sucked. How many times were free rushers just running after our QB’s this year? Barry needs his *** fired!!!!!!!!

Chaney was coming here no matter what & it’s pretty obvious that Rooster chose the best of his remaining options. As far as Hickson goes, he’s sloppy & unorganized, his rotations suck, & Cam regressed a ton since last year. It’s like Hickson told the RB’s that they aren’t allowed to stiff arm or shake anyone. Cam looked like he was intentionally running directly into defenders. 🤷‍♂️

Brown pulled Lingard & Cam which as a collective on paper is better than Chaney & Knighton.
Deejay looked like he improved from last year. Hard to tell if that’s just because he shed weight, but he was making plays behind a terrible line.

Chaney was coming here no matter what & it’s pretty obvious that Rooster chose the best of his remaining options. As far as Hickson goes, he’s sloppy & unorganized, his rotations suck, & Cam regressed a ton since last year. It’s like Hickson told the RB’s that they aren’t allowed to stiff arm or shake anyone. Cam looked like he was intentionally running directly into defenders. 🤷‍♂️

Brown pulled Lingard & Cam which as a collective on paper is better than Chaney & Knighton.
If he was responsible for not playing Lingard, if have a big problem with that. I assumed (or hoped) that was all Enos.

Advertisement
It’s not all enos. Our offense kept us in the game against UF, we blew 4 and 17 against unc, got raped by va tech in first half

Deejay looked like he improved from last year. Hard to tell if that’s just because he shed weight, but he was making plays behind a terrible line.

DeeJay was good for one chunk play a game & that really skews his YPC average. I would venture to guess that at least 50% of DeeJay’s runs were for 3 yards or less.

It’s not all enos. Our offense kept us in the game against UF, we blew 4 and 17 against unc, got raped by va tech in first half

I agree it’s not all Enos but let’s analyze your post.

our offense didn’t keep us in the game against UF.
our defense really only gave up 1 big play at the end. Thomas fumble on the 2 yard line isn’t the defense fault. The defense got INt that the offense couldn’t capitalize on. Missed FG and not scoring in the red zone cost us.

UNC did slam us first half. Defense made adjustments and shut them down second half. Offense couldn’t make FG again and once again we couldn’t score TD in the red zone.

Ga Tech saw a fake punt, that’s in special teams(Patke) and then Kosi fumble in the end zone. Another game where we missed multiple FG and Enos couldn’t find a way to score in the Redzone.

So yes our defense isn’t elite and Enos isn’t the only problem, but Enos was the BIGGEST problem. He had no idea on how to score a TD in the redzone. His playcalling was trash.

Advertisement
I agree it’s not all Enos but let’s analyze your post.

our offense didn’t keep us in the game against UF.
our defense really only gave up 1 big play at the end. Thomas fumble on the 2 yard line isn’t the defense fault. The defense got INt that the offense couldn’t capitalize on. Missed FG and not scoring in the red zone cost us.

UNC did slam us first half. Defense made adjustments and shut them down second half. Offense couldn’t make FG again and once again we couldn’t score TD in the red zone.

Ga Tech saw a fake punt, that’s in special teams(Patke) and then Kosi fumble in the end zone. Another game where we missed multiple FG and Enos couldn’t find a way to score in the Redzone.

So yes our defense isn’t elite and Enos isn’t the only problem, but Enos was the BIGGEST problem. He had no idea on how to score a TD in the redzone. His playcalling was trash.
Against uf gave up multiple big plays. You can’t win big with this defense. Every trick play works against us and every competent qb picks it apart. It’s been this way since manny got here

Agree.

One of the absolute worst years the Canes have had and he still brought in 2 of the top RBs in the country.

That is clearly not something to whine about.

Why is he the worst? I don't know much about him but the rb haul was legit obviously.

Advertisement
People really are dense here. There is no guaranteed money for assistants and they can v

What, too much common sense in my post smacking you upside the head? Where am I wrong and what in the **** does color have to do with anything.

Rumph, I would like better results with recruiting, but you gotta look at the losses in the trail and see what happened. We don't lose our top targets to scrub teams. All this talk of missed guys, it's like showing up at a recruits house in loaded Honda while your competitors show up in Bentley's and Lambo's. We aren't there yet, but people expect us to be by what, the grace of some films based two decades or more ago? Seriously?

yet we dont lose RBs to top teams at even close to the rate we do CBs.

look we get it, hes a brother from south florida, and that somehow means you have to defend him at all costs. its weird and pathetic, but I get it....

Advertisement
Agree.

One of the absolute worst years the Canes have had and he still brought in 2 of the top RBs in the country.

That is clearly not something to whine about.
@dsddcane they will put up
Huge numbers their soph years running behind Mario and Alex’s OL lol

yet we dont lose RBs to top teams at even close to the rate we do CBs.

look we get it, hes a brother from south florida, and that somehow means you have to defend him at all costs. its weird and pathetic, but I get it....

We lose top back, just happened to have a great year there. Fortunately FSU dropped the ball on one and the other was always going here.

I don't defend anyone. I call it like I see it, fair across the board. You want to make it something else, that's on you. Doesn't matter to me one bit.

Reading a sotu article, I learned diaz almost chose Mike bobo. Yikes.
88C6A672-C721-49E5-9888-CC695CA35654.gif

Advertisement
Back