Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

View as article
It’s just embarrassing to be a Miami fan now. I’ve lost any and all hope that any significant changes will be made. Enos is gone but that’s only a part of the problem. A coach who is firing one side of the ball after year one is in major trouble. I fully expect Diaz to get Taggerted next year and we’ll be getting embarrassed on the field and on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We literally tried to get rumph's family .....and they didn't commit

Where did that recruit go? Oh right, the hottest recruiting program in the land that year. A thought to be, championship program in a few years. Us, nothing but a has been from ancient history as far as today is concerned, trying to resurrect a once proud program.

Man, don't try and sell that family angle when you have everyone and their brother on this board talking about how they wouldn't send their kid here.

Where did that recruit go? Oh right, the hottest recruiting program in the land that year. A thought to be, championship program in a few years. Us, nothing but a has been from ancient history as far as today is concerned, trying to resurrect a once proud program.

Man, don't try and sell that family angle when you have everyone and their brother on this board talking about how they wouldn't send their kid here.
Congrats to your son on all of his accomplishments. Looking forward to see him in the NFL and will continue to support.

With that being said, can you blame fans for being this discouraged considering the decade+ of lack of accountability and ineptness?

I know a lot of people here want Barry gone.and I'm not taking up for him.but the guy really didn't have any decent olinemen to work with.and it was that away long before he got here last year.so it's not really his fault the shape the oline is in.that blame falls on the prior staffs before him.stubblefield is the rbs coach right so basically can't blame him either.rbs can't do anything if the oline can't execute/run block.we know they can't pass block either.

Advertisement
Fire the bartender and get a real recruiter FFS.

Funny how Patke can swing and miss on Greene yet we don't hear about his job being in jeopardy. Where would we be without his mediocre special teams and development of like 2 rostered players?

Last edited:

yet another of our black CIS members curiously dug in on his defense of corch Rumph. so pathetic.

Fire the bartender and get a real recruiter FFS.

Funny how Patke can swing and miss on Greene yet we don't hear about his job being in jeapordy. Where would we be without his mediocre special teams and development of like 2 rostered players?

It's great to hear the justification on here about keeping Patke, with all the kicking game/special teams mistakes (oh but the coverage units learned to put their arms up and not block in the back: progress!), incompetence at recruiting, and like you said, his tough job coaching both Finley and Frierson all year long.

GTFO.

Advertisement
They were top 20 in almost every major defensive category and top 5 in Sacks and TFL... They were forced to bail out and terrible offense time after time and still were time 20 in points allowed in the power 5.
I GET & UNDERSTAND THE NUMBERS(they don’t CHANGE, but they ALSO DON’T TELL THE ENTIRE STORY)....Where was all the sacks, tfl, turnovers, pass breakups, pressures, & MOST IMPORTANTLY STOPS when we needed them the most(I don’t think that I need to get into the UF, VT, Duke, GT, FIU, LT, UNC games for you to follow me here). did the defense look good at times? yes, but when you THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SEEN FROM THIS DEFENSE OVER THE COURSE OF THIS YEAR, do you REALLY BELIEVE it was a GOOD DEFENSE??? And that’s NOT even considering who we played...

It’s just embarrassing to be a Miami fan now. I’ve lost any and all hope that any significant changes will be made. Enos is gone but that’s only a part of the problem. A coach who is firing one side of the ball after year one is in major trouble. I fully expect Diaz to get Taggerted next year and we’ll be getting embarrassed on the field and on the recruiting trail.
I feel you brother. I haven't bought any new Miami gear in five years. I can't justify it buying the gear and it's embarrassing to wear in public.

This is interesting.

His recruiting was obviously great this cycle but I wasn’t a fan of his to begin with and wouldn’t be sad to see him go.

That’s an unpopular opinion on here, though.
People just want coaches to be gone regardless. Hickson did his job and recruited well. What more is he supposed to do?

Advertisement
Why is he the worst? I don't know much about him but the rb haul was legit obviously.

Chaney was coming here no matter what & it’s pretty obvious that Rooster chose the best of his remaining options. As far as Hickson goes, he’s sloppy & unorganized, his rotations suck, & Cam regressed a ton since last year. It’s like Hickson told the RB’s that they aren’t allowed to stiff arm or shake anyone. Cam looked like he was intentionally running directly into defenders. 🤷‍♂️

Brown pulled Lingard & Cam which as a collective on paper is better than Chaney & Knighton.

LMFAO. As if I expected Manny to make the logical move and fire his buddies. Whatever man. DB depth is razor thin, we’ll continue to watch Rumph whiff. No way should anyone aside from maybe stroud be kept on the defensive side. Manny is just digging his own grave deeper.
Correct.

Yeah, I really don't know where he got that week-to-week **** from.

People really are dense here. There is no guaranteed money for assistants and they can v
yet another of our black CIS members curiously dug in on his defense of corch Rumph. so pathetic.

What, too much common sense in my post smacking you upside the head? Where am I wrong and what in the **** does color have to do with anything.

Rumph, I would like better results with recruiting, but you gotta look at the losses in the trail and see what happened. We don't lose our top targets to scrub teams. All this talk of missed guys, it's like showing up at a recruits house in loaded Honda while your competitors show up in Bentley's and Lambo's. We aren't there yet, but people expect us to be by what, the grace of some films based two decades or more ago? Seriously?

I know a lot of people here want Barry gone.and I'm not taking up for him.but the guy really didn't have any decent olinemen to work with.and it was that away long before he got here last year.so it's not really his fault the shape the oline is in.that blame falls on the prior staffs before him.stubblefield is the rbs coach right so basically can't blame him either.rbs can't do anything if the oline can't execute/run block.we know they can't pass block either.

And whose fault is it that in a year that SFL was loaded with oline talent we got essentially shutout on oline recruits?

Advertisement
Back