Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

View as article
1. Manny was ok as a dc. He was not hc in ‘16, and is not ok at being a hc.
2. Miami fans consistently overrate our effective roster talent. Having three future nfl rbs is not that meaningful an indicator if you have a terrible OL, bad QB, and mediocre wrs.
3. I cannot think of an OC so good he could overcome manny’s lack of leadership at HC. This team doesn’t believe in manny and doesn’t play hard for him. An OC change won’t fix that, imo.
4. I think manny has a greater chance of losing 8 games than winning 8 games next year.

You had me at 1 and 2.

3, that's just silly talk. The defense played well enough to win the majority of our games had the offense shown a pulse. Get the right guy hired and get out of his way. Believe it or not, players do perform for their position coaches and coordinators often more than they do the head coach. So again, get the right guy. We didn't lose to LTech, because of defense, but offense. It was a theme this season.

4, talk about extreme. Again, give me the right OC'er and the idea you're selling is absurd. A competent kicker who can hit high percentage kicks, we have two less losses this year. An OC'er, even an average one those games don't even come down to a kicker and we're sitting on 9 wins, maybe 10 talking up next year. We do have some player personnel issues, but the right guy gets more out of what we have, building towards a brighter future.

Advertisement
You're 100 percent wrong on that and they don't hinge on buyouts, but that's okay.
Negative.

Took me all of a few minutes to find OU’s new DC was signed to a three-year deal last January, and co-OC/OL coach Bedenbaugh signed a two-year deal. Bama’s OC and DC signed three-year contracts this past offseason.

Last edited:
You had me at 1 and 2.

3, that's just silly talk. The defense played well enough to win the majority of our games had the offense shown a pulse. Get the right guy hired and get out of his way. Believe it or not, players do perform for their position coaches and coordinators often more than they do the head coach. So again, get the right guy. We didn't lose to LTech, because of defense, but offense. It was a theme this season.

4, talk about extreme. Again, give me the right OC'er and the idea you're selling is absurd. A competent kicker who can hit high percentage kicks, we have two less losses this year. An OC'er, even an average one those games don't even come down to a kicker and we're sitting on 9 wins, maybe 10 talking up next year. We do have some player personnel issues, but the right guy gets more out of what we have, building towards a brighter future.
if we had ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had eggs.

The only way to get ride of James and Diaz is to keep the pressure up and not be satisfied with these sacrificial lambs they are cutting now.
U guys really believe decisions are made based upon emails by people who dont financially help much at all,posters and billboards? Good lawd. As amusing as I find it pertaining to this staph all it helps support is making us look even more pathetic nationally.

Advertisement
False. Coordinators and assistants often have multi-year contracts.
Only thing absolutely week to week is support staff. The rest is per situations but often multi year & buy outs come into play. The plus in our offence & their mac level resumes is most probably wont require buyouts. I know barry however would require a buyout.

Only thing absolutely week to week is support staff. The rest is per situations but often multi year & buy outs come into play. The plus in our offence & their mac level resumes is most probably wont require buyouts. I know barry however would require a buyout.
Thanks.

you were an idiot for buying into some silly notion that Manny is “smart and know the secret miami needs” as if such a thing exists.

hes a nobody coach who has never coached on a good team, was in purgatory at MSU when his daddy’s friends on the BOT brought him in for Richt. He is literally the most unqualified man for the job we have ever hired, but you read a press release saying he “knew what it takes” and now feel betrayed? total sucker.

But you do realize that he's currently the 41st highest paid HC in the P5 right?? There are only 65 total teams. What kind of highly qualified HC are you expecting when the university consistently insists on making bargain bin hires? If he fails, he will do so for a myriad of reasons, not just simply because of his preparedness & qualifications. In life and especially in CFB you get what you pay for, because the teams that win the most, also spend the most. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn’t have been mad if they fired Rumph..but the defensive staff ain’t the reason we are 6-7 either. Unless you think this is 1989 where any college team can hold another team to less then 15 ppg. Those days are long gone.
Lol Dan Enos says hold my beer...

Earlier today, the expectation was that Mike Rumph would not be retained. I was told by at least one player and a staffer that Rumph had informed his players he did not expect to be back next season.

As of tonight, though, I’m told there has been a reversal of course and that same staffer is saying that the expectation is that Rumph will now be kept.

On other coaches, I’m hearing the rest of the defense is safe. The discussion is ongoing for the offense though, and the names that are being discussed on the chopping block are Butch Barry and Taylor Stubblefield. Some in the program feel the pair is likely gone, but I’ve heard nothing strong enough to say for sure.
That staffer can probably expect his pink slip soon. Sounds like they weeding out leaks like last year with the OC "search" leaks.

Advertisement
Back