Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

View as article
He has second-hand ties to Eric Morris at Incarnate Word through Banda, but it's true he doesn't have much in the way of connections that he could pull.

If it were me, and it was my entire legacy here, I'm going strong with the firings and trying to bring in as many smart people with new ideas as I can. It's my philosophy to surround myself with people smarter than me at work and they always make me look smarter than I am.

This waffling I'm reading about is another red mark against this coach in my view.

Leaders lead, not waffle. You're going to be wrong at times, and that's ok. Just learn and keep it moving. Does this look like Coach Diaz is learning anything, or getting conservative? I need to logoff, this stuff is ruining my staycation.

this 1000000%%%%% ...word ... gospel

Advertisement
Folks need to step back and let this horrid program do what it do. From the 30000 foot view, it is easy to see Manny is a lost little boy in a big boy world and has no idea how to step up and fix it. Regardless of what he does, this team has no respect for him and will not suddenly begin to respect him just because of a few staff changes. He lost this team. He will be gone before you know it

Y’all so blinded by the horrible offense to truly see that the Defense was not good this year
They were top 20 in almost every major defensive category and top 5 in Sacks and TFL... They were forced to bail out and terrible offense time after time and still were time 20 in points allowed in the power 5.

Rumph needs to seriously up his recruiting game but he's a solid developer of talent.

Special teams on the other hand were a disaster. Patke should be getting waayy more heat than Rumph. We need a real special teams expert coaching them up. His unit directly contributed to 4-5 losses this season. You can't say that really at all about the CB play. P@tke is the one that should be shown the door, IMHO. His unit was a disaster and explicitly was the reason we lost 4-5 games this season.

Advertisement
The D is just as accountable for 6-7 as the Offense. Also the recruiting at key positions of need shows that we need to cut bait on both side of ball but as usual Miami Hurricanes Head Coach has “friends” on staff and will not do what is necessary to make Miami great again. Self imposed Death Penalty for every year we have a Pee Wee caliber head coach. Miami makes FSU look like paradise!!!!!!!

He has second-hand ties to Eric Morris at Incarnate Word through Banda, but it's true he doesn't have much in the way of connections that he could pull.

If it were me, and it was my entire legacy here, I'm going strong with the firings and trying to bring in as many smart people with new ideas as I can. It's my philosophy to surround myself with people smarter than me at work and they always make me look smarter than I am.

This waffling I'm reading about is another red mark against this coach in my view.

Leaders lead, not waffle. You're going to be wrong at times, and that's ok. Just learn and keep it moving. Does this look like Coach Diaz is learning anything, or getting conservative? I need to logoff, this stuff is ruining my staycation.

Great post but i'll seen so many times in business when execs/leaders surround themselves with yes men instead of actually smart people who will challenge them and bring new ideas to the table. We all know Banda, Patke, etc. aint challenging **** Manny does

I do think Manny tried to follow your advice when he hired Enos. He thought Dan was the smartest OC out there and gave him FULL control (all offensive assistant hirings, playcalling, gameplanning, etc.) and that backfired. So not surprised if Manny actually goes into a shell and hires a yes-man OC (who runs spread to change it up). Dont be surprised when Applesauce is our OC...

Advertisement
This video is so cringe worthy in retrospect. Was truly hard to watch again
Yep. 10000-% narcissism from Manny. One day in, ‘look at me, I’m a real coach.’ Implicit obvious shot at Richt, who a[parently wasn’t. Except he hired you, ****. The only solution set that fits here is Manny is right about Richt, and hence wrong about himself. Richt was wrong about Manny, but probably right about his self-awareness (hence retiring).

A BAD FIU TEAM SCORED 30 POINTS ON THEM.

If you dont think there isn't anything wrong with the defense ....I guess like manny
It was one game where our offense turned the ball over like 4 times and was 1-10 on 3rd down. Our offense put up 3 points until 8 mins left in the 4th. It was just one game not one bad game after a next. I mean fans here expect these guys to be elite on defense or they should be fired... Blake Baker puts up a quality top 20 defense thats top 5 in TFL and Sacks in his first year and everyone wants his head. I really don't understand it???

Advertisement
They were top 20 in almost every major defensive category and top 5 in Sacks and TFL... They were forced to bail out and terrible offense time after time and still were time 20 in points allowed in the power 5.

How many fourth quarter leads did they give up?

Advertisement
Sorry *** LaTech’s defense had no trouble maintaining last night even though their offense was doing nothing.

You guys love making excuses for this average defense. Your expectations are so dumbed down that a Ritz cracker looks like a juicy steak.
LA Tech scored 7 Points until 1 min left in the game... Our offense turned the ball over 3 times and scored 0 point all night and our defense held LA Tech to within 7 for 59 mins... These are not excuses you just have so much hate right now for this team that your making problems that aren't even there...

It was one game where our offense turned the ball over like 4 times and was 1-10 on 3rd down. Our offense put up 3 points until 8 mins left in the 4th. It was just one game not one bad game after a next. I mean fans here expect these guys to be elite on defense or they should be fired... Blake Baker puts up a quality top 20 defense thats top 5 in TFL and Sacks in his first year and everyone wants his head. I really don't understand it???

They were not good. That was just one game.
How many fourth quarter leads they give up??
They had a good run in the middle of the season but they have PLENTY of issues. They offense is such a **** show that it takes away attention from the problems....but st one poiny this season manny had to get involved.

The defense is a problem just like the offense is one of the dumbest things on a site full of dumb things.

Right now the defense is the 10th ranked defense as far as yards per play. 13th in total yards and 24th in scoring.

The offense is 93rd in yards per play. 103rd in total yards and 100th in pts per game.

Was the defense as good as it was last year? Certainly not. Certain situational things hurt as well. Impossibly the offense was much worse than it was last year. You won't find that type of number disparity across the country. In complimentary game those differences are insane

Advertisement
Back