Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

View as article
Advertisement
Towards what end, though?

There is no logical, probable outcome here other than more firings in a year.

I'd rather Manny just sit with what he has now and gets fired after next season. No point in buying out more assistant coaches. This **** is just a downright mess though. We have to be the most inept and dysfunctional program in the nation.

Advertisement
We all know the story on Rumph - good coach/developer and downright horrible recruiter.

What i dont understand is how/why Manny didnt or does not try to help Rumph out on recruiting. And if hes gonna stay, you need a MUCH better plan here or were doomed to fail again. Either team Rumph up with Banda and have them JOINTLY recruit every CB prospect, micromanage Rumph to ensure his has a HUGE board of prospects hes crooting or do ******* something. Cause its clear his recruiting has not improved and bringing him back as is for more of the same **** is the definition of insanity.

LOL, That's because manny cant recruit either, and he knows the **** he's about to catch if he let's go of coach rumph. Coach diaz knows he's not connected like that down here and his pops is not luv'd like that, so manny better wisen up, or he'll soon be following in the footsteps of what he's trying to do with coach rumph, the scapegoat moves never work. And he only kept the defensive guys cause they already technically were answering to him, he git rid of all the offensive coaches cause he didnt want to go thru the "i'm no longer your peer, im your boss now" transition. Dont be a coward manny, you better keep any coaching goon/s(rumph, ****inson obviously)on staff and bring in more, otherwise, wont be long for you. Ill say it again, you might wanna go and sit down with Luke if you really want to know how to get to that football team you trying to build and want, otherwise, start updating your resume!

Advertisement
Our defense is mediocre at best. How many games have we watched where players are out of position, safeties lining up 15 yds off the ball on short yardage downs...the defense doesnt even look fundamentally sound.

Anyone who truly watches the games sees that the defense isn’t very good. Team got a lot of lucky bounces two years ago and made the defense look better than it was. Last year and this year we couldn’t create turnovers to save our lives. WR, TE and RB running wide open on most plays. Only time we got stops is when other teams players dropped wide open passes.

Honestly, if the offense could just have scored 15 points...we win. It’s that side of the ball that is the problem.

WE DONT PLAY ANY GOOD OFFENSES.

Please stop, it was La Tech. They had guys running open all game. Same with CMU. They should’ve beaten us but they couldn’t catch a cold. FIU blew us out. We are not that good on defense. When you pair all that with only having 4 scholarship corners on the roster, and a walk on getting major snaps at LB, everybody involved needs to be fired. These guys have had 4 years to get it together and we still aren’t in any better shape than we were 4 years ago.

Advertisement
The AD comes out and says changes are needed and now those changes are essentially going to be the Enos crew? That tells me the OC is going to be someone with strong ties to Manny. He's going to go to a place he feels safe based on everything he's shown us otherwise.

For me, almost every single thing I've been told about Manny Diaz has turned out to not be true at all. I was told he was a smart, innovative mind who strongly believes in analytics and understands what it takes to turn this program into a winner.

Instead, he's just another stubborn coach who the moment things get tough he goes to his safe place and gets conservative in the hopes of stringing out the tenure as long as possible rather than evaluating everything and making sage decisions each year.

Advertisement
The AD comes out and says changes are needed and now those changes are essentially going to be the Enos crew? That tells me the OC is going to be someone with strong ties to Manny. He's going to go to a place he feels safe based on everything he's shown us otherwise.

For me, almost every single thing I've been told about Manny Diaz has turned out to not be true at all. I was told he was a smart, innovative mind who strongly believes in analytics and understands what it takes to turn this program into a winner.

Instead, he's just another stubborn coach who the moment things get tough he goes to his safe place and gets conservative in the hopes of stringing out the tenure as long as possible rather than evaluating everything and making sage decisions each year.

He’s a politicians son. He doesn’t know any other way.

The only oc he has ties to is applewhite from their time at texas

Great stat. Problem is..we are 24th in the country in scoring D..you know who is 25th? LSU. We are 6-7 and they are about to win the national title. I stand by my statement bro.
Baker has potential and is not as bad as a in game coach as some people think, but he is not a great talent evaluator or recruiter. That stat is meaningless as well since LSU the opponents LSU have played were way harder than the opponents on UM schedule.

Advertisement
Back