Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

View as article
Rumph is expected to be out, no wait Rumph is expected to be in.
Basing it on what one player says or a staffer telling two different stories???

Not giving any weight to any supposed discussions about who may be on the chopping block either.

As to all the coaches including Rumph, will wait ,and see if there's any actual formal announcement.

Advertisement
Earlier today, the expectation was that Mike Rumph would not be retained. I was told by at least one player and a staffer that Rumph had informed his players he did not expect to be back next season.

As of tonight, though, I’m told there has been a reversal of course and that same staffer is saying that the expectation is that Rumph will now be kept.

On other coaches, I’m hearing the rest of the defense is safe. The discussion is ongoing for the offense though, and the names that are being discussed on the chopping block are Butch Barry and Taylor Stubblefield. Some in the program feel the pair is likely gone, but I’ve heard nothing strong enough to say for sure.
Whatever sources you have needs to be re-evaluated. No way he was remotely close to being gone haha you don’t tell a coach he is gone then take it back. That relationship is not salvageable at that point.

Advertisement
Stop. That's not true.

Don't try and lay the foundation for Manny Diaz's failure on the fact he CANT GET ANYONE. He could get someone. If he doesn't, thats a further indictment on him, but its not because he simply CANT and no one is willing to come here.

I said in another thread. USC with lame duck coach Clay Helton was able to get Kliff Kingsbury and after he bolted from the school to take an NFL HC job, hired Graham Harrell and they ended up having an SP+ Top 10 offense and that lame duck retained his job.

Its not impossible. Many respectable OCs could and would come here.

You just have to identify them. That's Manny's problem. Its not that no one will come here. Its that we don't identify anyone decent.

This Program needs a game-changing OC who will put points on the board early and keep our defense rested. That gets victories and top-line recruits.

Not convinced that Manny can persuade a Real OC to come here and do what needs be done.

If this **** keeps barry and stubbs ima riot
These 2 are meaningless to fire since there is no way the new OC keeps them. I would bet there will be more than three guys canned by the time this is done. Rumph should be gone based on recruiting alone or we run out of CBs.

Advertisement
Whatever sources you have needs to be re-evaluated. No way he was remotely close to being gone haha you don’t tell a coach he is gone then take it back. That relationship is not salvageable at that point.

Agree; the two versions about Rumph's status don't mesh.

When other teams are not trying to poach your position coaches for head coaching hires or promotional hires i.e CB coach to DC, etc, you know you have some issues and need upgrades at that position coaching wise. It’s disappointing we accept average/mediocre results.

agreed. Said this a couple weeks ago. Nobody ever wants our coaches. Our coaches get fires and end up coaching at high schools or not at all. Banda and Patke couldn’t coach on any other D1 team. That’s is a major red flag. Wtf is Manny thinking?

Manny couldn't figure out how to not make it look like Rumph was just a scapegoat and couldn't find it in his heart to part with the bartender.....so he's keeping them both.

ROFL, no wonder he chose jarren, now its clear, that **** waffling just as much as he is. Its all fun and games til he became the HMIC, thought cause ole man richt made it look easy, but he's finding out, it aint as easy as coach richt made it seem, lol, so coach richt said ***** you blake here you go manny, its yours:

Advertisement
Lmao. I told y’all this offseason would be a repeat of last. All of Manny’s boys are safe and he scapegoats the offense.
Honestly, if the offense could just have scored 15 points...we win. It’s that side of the ball that is the problem.

Advertisement
I would still rather have mediocre Rumph and his entire family on the staff over Blake Baker, Patke and Banda.

There isn't a kid in this world who gives a flying f*cc when they see Patke and Baker's *** in their house doing visits.
Bro, Rumph couldn’t get the kids he personally corched to come to Miami. Bandy, et al, are declaring early or transferring out, against their better interest, and you think some 18 yo diva is going to give a flying **** that Rumph shows up at his school when he has Saban texting him?

Manure is better off sending the bartender’s wife to recruit CBs.

Advertisement
Back