Coaching Jobs - Just Wow

rustywalkedaway

Sophomore
Purgatory
In my opinion LSU and USC are two of the top five jobs in terms of potential. And they are both open. It sounds like Florida wants to be open and it looks like Texas is likely to be open. That would be four of maybe the five top positions in terms of potential. And that doesn't take the Washington/V-Tech type jobs into account.

This is not the year to be on the market. Does Manny have to go? Yes. But how realistic are our "realistic" options in light of the market?

Advertisement
james-franco-******.gif

In my opinion LSU and USC are two of the top five jobs in terms of potential. And they are both open. It sounds like Florida wants to be open and it looks like Texas is likely to be open. That would be four of maybe the five top positions in terms of potential. And that doesn't take the Washington/V-Tech type jobs into account.

This is not the year to be on the market. Does Manny have to go? Yes. But how realistic are our "realistic" options in light of the market?
Every year there will be open coaching jobs. Every year there will be competition. You don’t keep an incompetent coach because you are afraid to find a better coach. UM will have little to no trouble finding a coach who is a significant upgrade over Diaz. I don’t even think this will be difficult now that the school is intentionally telling the college football world that it intends to spend an extra 30 million a year for football.

Advertisement

Realistic options are great. Dont know many other ways Kiffin needs to say he wants the Miami job. He can't make it any clearer. Both lsu and USC are reportedly interested in him as well, but zero chance he goes back to USC given how they treated him and he is close with Ed O so I don't think he would take the LSU job over UM. Cristobal, it's UM or Oregon. So we have two of the best interested in UM.

Advertisement
Realistic options are great. Dont know many other ways Kiffin needs to say he wants the Miami job. He can't make it any clearer. Both lsu and USC are reportedly interested in him as well, but zero chance he goes back to USC given how they treated him and he is close with Ed O so I don't think he would take the LSU job over UM. Cristobal, it's UM or Oregon. So we have two of the best interested in UM.
I also get the impression form the LeBatard interview that Lane, or someone in his family, really wants to get out of college towns and live in a city, and preferably a warm weather city near the ocean. He’s probably made enough money that now he’s thinking about lifestyle as much as anything.

Advertisement

The U is as good as any job available if they are really serious about being willing to support the needed finances. Get us on track again and it will make the U money

I understand the PTSD but the times are changing my friend get on board or get the **** out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back