Coaching index leaves Mario out of top 10!

Advertisement
Some posters got a little too high last summer and said some dumb stuff (like I still remember a thread debating Lincoln Riley vs. Mario), but I don't think any level-headed or reasonable poster (the 8 of them) ever suggested Mario was a top 10 head coach.

Wkwkwkw No GIF by MOODMAN
I mean I haven't missed a Penn State game in probably 20+ years. I hate them more then I like Miami. James Franklin is the worst game day/clock manager football coach I have ever seen. So yeah. It's neck & neck at worst.

The thing about Miami, is y’all can totally be like Georgia is currently. Very fertile recruiting ground, national brand, but in a better area for “stardom”. Mario doesn’t have to be the best coach, he just has to flex his recruiting muscles and bring a collection of some of the top guys.

Heupel has been a blessing for us, but don’t cannibalize Mario for 1 season with Manny Diaz’s guys.

Advertisement
The thing about Miami, is y’all can totally be like Georgia is currently. Very fertile recruiting ground, national brand, but in a better area for “stardom”. Mario doesn’t have to be the best coach, he just has to flex his recruiting muscles and bring a collection of some of the top guys.

Heupel has been a blessing for us, but don’t cannibalize Mario for 1 season with Manny Diaz’s guys.
What brings u here lol

I mean I haven't missed a Penn State game in probably 20+ years. I hate them more then I like Miami. James Franklin is the worst game day/clock manager football coach I have ever seen. So yeah. It's neck & neck at worst.

Spoken like a true Pennsylvanian. My old man is the same way. Schuylkill valley kid and just despises Penn State. Not as much as the gators, but close, and that's really saying something considering he left PA for good in the 60s.

Spoken like a true Pennsylvanian. My old man is the same way. Schuylkill valley kid and just despises Penn State. Not as much as the gators, but close, and that's really saying something considering he left PA for good in the 60s.
Yeah their fans are the worst. Where at in the schyukill valley?

Advertisement
Yea, I'm no fan of Brian Kelly, but his exclusion is rather egregious. At worst, he's the 7th best coach, imo. Day/Riley/Harbaugh/Kelly are all in the same tier, and I think a rational argument could be made to rank all 4 of them in any order.
you could argue that Kelly is better than them because he's achieved similar results as them with much less resources and more restrictions while at ND.... OSU and OU basically give unlimited resources to their programs while ND has all kinds of other BS to navigate...

I heard about this on ACC radio on the drive in to the office. Some names are expected, some are not. Of note Mario is not mentioned. I guess 5-7 will do that to your reputation.

Love you Fly, but I have to agree with them.

He’s not a top ten coach in the ACC.

You can tell it is not sports prime time. I literally could not care less what some acc yahoos think about Mario.

In the words of Al Davis, just win baby.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love you Fly, but I have to agree with them.

He’s not a top ten coach in the ACC.

I'm looking forward to the day you admit you are supremely happy to have been wrong about Mario. Could be by end of 2023 season. But it will definitely be by the end of the 2025 season.

I heard about this on ACC radio on the drive in to the office. Some names are expected, some are not. Of note Mario is not mentioned. I guess 5-7 will do that to your reputation.

Would love to see Mario earn his place on a list like this, the same as we want (expect) our players to strive for greatness. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Back