Coaching index leaves Mario out of top 10!

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
I heard about this on ACC radio on the drive in to the office. Some names are expected, some are not. Of note Mario is not mentioned. I guess 5-7 will do that to your reputation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1687961621685.png

Advertisement
I was unaware Matrix Analytical had a "Coach Rating Index" I swear these MF just make ish up. But my 4 year old could have guessed the top 5 of 1. saban, 2. kirby, 3. Riley, 4. Day and 5. Dabo.

6-10 gets a little interesting....
6. Harbaugh;
7. Klieman (K State);
8. Hugh Freeze
9. Heupel
10. Brohm

I mean no Kelly, no Whittingham. no Fickell, no Franklin, no Dykes, no Kiffin, no Jimbo, no Stoops, No Norvell and no Billy.... Heupel I think deserves to be there but you could have subbed in basically any name for Hugh Freeze, Klieman, and Brohm from the list I just mentioned (but for the last 2) and it would have zero impact.

I'd put Dabo ahead of Riley and Day. Multiple NCs and turned Clemson into a powerhouse.

Riley and Day both took over winning programs and kept winning but neither have won a title yet.

We'll see if Riley can do it at USC but his path to a title at OU was similar to his path at USC and he failed everytime he got to the big game. He's 0-3 in CFPs and 1-4 in bowl games.

Ryan Day is 1-3 in CFPs and 2-3 in bowl games. You could argue that OSU has actually been in a slight decline since Urban left.

I'd put Dabo ahead of Riley and Day. Multiple NCs and turned Clemson into a powerhouse.

Yeah, it's laughable to rank two head coaches who have the same number of national championships as Manny Diaz and Al Golden ahead of Swinney (not to mention it looks like Dabo's got his recruiting mojo back).

Why even keep score if you gonna do it like that?

1. Saban

2. Smart and Swinney

3-10. Debate for 2 hours because nobody can agree on the criteria

Advertisement
I was unaware Matrix Analytical had a "Coach Rating Index" I swear these MF just make ish up. But my 4 year old could have guessed the top 5 of 1. saban, 2. kirby, 3. Riley, 4. Day and 5. Dabo.

6-10 gets a little interesting....
6. Harbaugh;
7. Klieman (K State);
8. Hugh Freeze
9. Heupel
10. Brohm

I mean no Kelly, no Whittingham. no Fickell, no Franklin, no Dykes, no Kiffin, no Jimbo, no Stoops, No Norvell and no Billy.... Heupel I think deserves to be there but you could have subbed in basically any name for Hugh Freeze, Klieman, and Brohm from the list I just mentioned (but for the last 2) and it would have zero impact.
Franklin is Mario light.

Advertisement
I heard about this on ACC radio on the drive in to the office. Some names are expected, some are not. Of note Mario is not mentioned. I guess 5-7 will do that to your reputation.

If you aren't giving out lifetime achievement awards, Cristobal wouldn't make the top 10 in acc coaches. That was the worst season of UM football of the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back