COACHING FIRINGS

Advertisement
Banda leaving, Rumph fired, heard Stroud retiring to an off-field role unless Manny needs him to come back. Not sure Baker helped or hurt himself tonight - pretty status quo. Good drives here and there hindered by a terrible start.

Think Baker and Patke stay and you get a new co-dc with more input than Banda had (Banda’s input was the same thing Baker already knew) so it could be beneficial but not enough.
If that happens, you can already forget the next season. Holy ******* ****.

Advertisement
Unless the game last night changed Manny’s mind and I highly doubt it anyway.

They basically had a conversation after UNC that they’re going to tweak a few things and get some input from a new co-dc that will coach in the secondary.
Is this an assumption?

Advertisement
Banda not taking Patke with him to USU

Think he’s taking Mike Zuckerman and Alex Devine - both work internally for us as QCs. I think Devine got Joel Rodriguez old job iirc.

They basically had a conversation after UNC that they’re going to tweak a few things and get some input from a new co-dc that will coach in the secondary.
I'm going to look at the positive side of this ^ If Banda leaves, IDK what happens to Patke, (although I don't think he's as big of a problem as some,) bringing in a new guy with fresh ideas as a "co DC" could be the interim step to working Baker out. Manny isn't going to fire him - and it's doubtful he's at the top of anyone's board after the last two games. Depending on who the new "co DC " is, it could be the next step to making a change in both defensive personnel and defensive philosophy/scheme. Manny wants to keep his job; he's shown he recognizes when/where he needs to make impactful changes.... Let's see what happens here...

Oof.

I gotta reiterate that....OOF.

Advertisement
I'm going to look at the positive side of this ^ If Banda leaves, IDK what happens to Patke, (although I don't think he's as big of a problem as some,) bringing in a new guy with fresh ideas as a "co DC" could be the interim step to working Baker out. Manny isn't going to fire him - and it's doubtful he's at the top of anyone's board after the last two games. Depending on who the new "co DC " is, it could be the next step to making a change in both defensive personnel and defensive philosophy/scheme. Manny wants to keep his job; he's shown he recognizes when/where he needs to make impactful changes.... Let's see what happens here...
Manny has shown that he can fire people that dont have a personal relationship with him.

If Manny doesnt fire Baker, he has shown me that he doesnt want to win at all costs. And that gets you sacked in this business.

Manny has shown that he can fire people that dont have a personal relationship with him.

If Manny doesnt fire Baker, he has shown me that he doesnt want to win at all costs. And that gets you sacked in this business.
I hear you. But the underlying issue in the defense is the very fact it is MANNY'S DEFENSE. That being said, if he hasn't realized by now it doesn't work in it's current form, that's another whole conversation. To me, the more I think about what's been said, it seems like these chanages could be the best case scenario at this time. It's going to depend on WHO the new Co DC is and how much his input is allowed and valued.

The whole WR situation needs to be addressed. If I were Likens, and I came into this job and then realized I was totally hamstrung by politics on who I put on the field, I'd be walking pretty quick.... Likens has a good reputation and clearly knows what a quality WR looks like....

Advertisement
Fck it Manny is digging his own grave. Anyways I’m riding with cribby on this one..

I think Cribby and i are talking to similar people or at least in similar positions.

Has he said Baker is going? I’m under the impression it’s not Blake but other changes are happening and have already happened. Nothing new from me since before Christmas..

Banda not taking Patke with him to USU

Think he’s taking Mike Zuckerman and Alex Devine - both work internally for us as QCs. I think Devine got Joel Rodriguez old job iirc.

if you don’t mind me asking? How do you know this stuff? Close friend to the program or know a player?

I think Patke is the smart guy in the defense but I’m not sure about his recruiting. Also he can’t seem to find a guy to field a punt but overall Patke staying in a limited role is fine by me.

I think Cribby and i are talking to similar people or at least in similar positions.

Has he said Baker is going? I’m under the impression it’s not Blake but other changes are happening and have already happened. Nothing new from me since before Christmas..

The way I see it is if Baker comes back then it’s all in Manny. Manny has to win the coastal next year or he might be gone. So it is what it is at this point.

if you don’t mind me asking? How do you know this stuff? Close friend to the program or know a player?

I think Patke is the smart guy in the defense but I’m not sure about his recruiting. Also he can’t seem to find a guy to field a punt but overall Patke staying in a limited role is fine by me.
Patke in his current role is not a problem unless he can’t find or coach someone to catch a punt.

Advertisement
Back