COACHING FIRINGS

Idc about the fans. I’m talking about relevance when it comes to kids we want to attract. You can’t keep looking awful every time you are on in prime time against decent opponents and claim
you are making strides bc you went 8-3. It’s a fraudulent record and anybody with eyes can see it.
what kids?

Advertisement
Only thing I can say to that is Banda was probably the closest person to Manny on the staff, and seems he will be moving on. Manny's *** is on the line now (he was the hotshot DC when Jess was here), hopefully they can work it out. Because from what I remember our D-line was fantastic when Jess was here
Jess actually coached some gap integrity. Big advocate for keeping eyes up and keeping your vision on the play and maintain your leverage and control. Peek and diagnose and then put on the pass rushing clinic or set the edge/hold your gap if it’s run. He improved our run defense dramatically over Kul. Stroud is more on the Kul wavelength... relentless pass rush and just try to collapse the pocket and get across the LOS.

Advertisement
Banda leaving, Rumph fired, heard Stroud retiring to an off-field role unless Manny needs him to come back. Not sure Baker helped or hurt himself tonight - pretty status quo. Good drives here and there hindered by a terrible start.

Think Baker and Patke stay and you get a new co-dc with more input than Banda had (Banda’s input was the same thing Baker already knew) so it could be beneficial but not enough.
This is all about Manny being willing to change this shtty scheme hes so proud of.

‘if he’s not then it won’t matter who you hire,how many 5* you put in there to run it ,whatever.

the defensive scheme sucks and puts guys out of position from the jump and if you aren’t getting sacks,TO’s and TFL your fcked.

I don’t want to hear somebody got fired ( even though they all need to go) I’m more interested in hearing Manny is giving whoever Is hired full control to run whatever the new guy deems will work.

otherwise it’s the same old sHT just a different face.

The rest of our 21 class and especially the 22 class. You really think top players wanna play for what they just saw? The staff might’ve done a good job locking up JW and LT but how much more do they have to see before they notice it’s all a facade like the fans have finally figured out?
The loss of King may be more impactful than the loss of the game

This is not accurate. Manny Diaz ran the same BS. Go watch the tapes. It’s all there for your viewing pleasure,

This is Manny’s Defense with a couple of wrinkles.
I just said conceptually it is the same defense.

A corvette is still a corvette but it’s gonna drive a **** of a lot different if I’m behind the wheel vs my wife behind the wheel.

Manny wasn’t great but he had a better feel of the game and we typically dominated teams we should have dominated. He seemed a lot more willing to just say **** it and bring the house.

Believe me... I remember making Benkert for UVA and the kid from Syracuse look like the Mannings because he played soft. But we’d go into the half and fix it and come out and look night and day.

Baker doesn’t know when to turn it up and always seems to revert back even when we do get on the gas and see results.

Advertisement

A corvette is still a corvette but it’s gonna drive a **** of a lot different if I’m behind the wheel vs my wife behind the wheel.

Manny wasn’t great but he had a better feel of the game and we typically dominated teams we should have dominated. He seemed a lot more willing to just say **** it and bring the house.

Believe me... I remember making Benkert for UVA and the kid from Syracuse look like the Mannings because he played soft. But we’d go into the half and fix it and come out and look night and day.

Baker doesn’t know when to turn it up and always seems to revert back even when we do get on the gas and see results.
Our defense had me hoping my Dolphins drafted Benkert lol. Turned out to be trash in the NFL

Plus Manny had better talent.. Since Manny has been here, he has not replaced the talent that he was given.. We are trending down, hopefully he hits on this 21 class..

If baker stays it’s not beneficial in any way.
FB_IMG_1609294611821.jpg

Let me explain something:

Since 2017:
Miami’s avg recruiting class (Sr - Fr): 16th in the nation
-We’ve had some attrition issues, but those attrition issues were mitigated by the portal obtaining NFL caliber guys.

Since 2017:
UNC’s avg recruiting class (Sr - Fr): 23rd in the nation

Since 2017:
OKSU avg recruiting class (Sr - Fr): 38th in the nation

I don’t want to hear anything about a talent issue anymore, unless we’re playing majority of AP top 10 teams in the nation. OKSU didn’t have their future NFL RB in this game. Their future NFL WR decided to sit out the 2nd half. Yet, for some reason, we continue to struggle.

It’s actually not for some reason, but for “some reason” fans think changing a coordinator will do the trick. The fish always rot from the head, down. It doesn’t rot from the side or the back.

Advertisement
manny wants to see the end of his head coaching career if he keeps baker for next year

bama is gonna drop **** near 70 if baker is here, do you understand that mr yes man manny? I know you read these forums, it's obvious so do you want your *** being remember for losing 70 to 17 to bama and immediately getting fired?
We're not scoring 17 on Bama. That's the only part I disagree with.

Not sure how else to put this but some of the talk from other GA Hs football coaches was basically that Jess didn’t like being an outsider of Manny’s crew on defense. If he didn’t get that Falcons job he was headed elsewhere anyway.

That’s where the comment from “if manny needs him” he will return comes into play... manny doesn’t have anyone in mind or any connection to another legit DL coach he could target. He’ll be testing the waters and interviewing.
This the Truth, jess definitely wasn't in the loop, and neither has coach rumph. Shouts out to coach rumph and dj ivey on having a real strong and solid junior year on defense. The tape don't lie, most never even noticed him on the field!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back